The Student Room Group

Pick your new leader - The Nutcase or The Crook

Poll

Vote for your nations leader

Vote Now

Scroll to see replies

I wonder what the hell would happen if nobody voted? Or only about three thousand people? [I know that's insane and not going to happen btw]. But I wonder what they would do?
The nutcase can be tamed by congress but congress is tamed by the crook. Horrible situation.
Which is which? #edgy
Original post by Foo.mp3
A lone nutter can be contained in their political system, whereas the criminal puppet of a sinister sociopathic elite cannot

Have to agree with this. The whole Government machine will ensure it keeps Trump in check. I don't think a President has any true individual power; it's the people in Washington behind the scenes. If he were to become President and were to potentially be in danger of doing something really wacky and scary i'm sure the real powers that be would have no choice but to intervene; one way or another. They'd have to.
Original post by markova21
i'm sure the real powers that be would have no choice but to intervene; one way or another. They'd have to.

like they intervened in 1963...
Original post by the bear
like they intervened in 1963...

Well if it came down to serious national or international security and safety, I don't see how they would have a choice ,especially if he refused to back down or resign etc.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if the CIA and others have been discussing every possible scenario and contingency in the event of maybe something serious . They would have to have plans in place, surely?
The crook lel.

Morons the lot of you.
Idgi. Why do people think Hilary is a crook?
Well if it came down to serious national or international security and safety, I don't see how they would have a choice ,especially if he refused to back down or resign etc.

it is not implausible.
Original post by AmeliaLost
Idgi. Why do people think Hilary is a crook?

Not certain of a lot of the facts. My son told me to Google Hillary Clinton Emails. But one thing I have heard in the last few days is that a charity the Clintons set up, the Clinton Foundation, paid for Chelsea Clinton's fancy,expensive wedding, and Chelsea's husband used the Foundation in some dodgy way to better himself. You can't set up a charity to help vulnerable people or whoever then take thousands of pounds out of it to pay for your daughter's wedding. That's just wrong.
Have to agree with this. The whole Government machine will ensure it keeps Trump in check. I don't think a President has any true individual power; it's the people in Washington behind the scenes. If he were to become President and were to potentially be in danger of doing something really wacky and scary i'm sure the real powers that be would have no choice but to intervene; one way or another. They'd have to.

but Trump isn't a politician, and as far as being a crook, he is as crooked as the rest of them.
Tax avoidance, sexual assault and harassment and let's not forget the upcoming November 28th trial.

Clinton, as a democrat, also will be hugely limited as the Republicans will most likely control the House and the Senate (the same way Obama was) and that's if she will even last 4 years, she may have to resign depending on any criminal charges. If she gets in, I can't see the House or Senate being under democrat control.

Trump has also caught the imagination of the masses, and there is now a split and I can imagine if the govt. blocks anything proposed by president Trump, he will kick off, accuse democrats/govt. of blocking him and in turn his followers will then put pressure on the govt. even with the checks and balances system. I think the fact that Trump is already calling the election rigged, saying he won't accept a loss etc. shows what sort of leadership he would bring - one that when he doesn't get his way he tantrums and won't accept and will throw his weight around until he gets. I also don't think he understands that as president, he may be called the most powerful man in the world, but in essence he really is not and he is limited in his power. He would fit right in with NI politics, where talking round questions because you don't have an answer, denying your involvement in various criminal and dodgy activities, ranting about national pride, telling people they have to vote for you to stop the evil other side getting any power and making generalised, ignorant statements with a lot of use of the word 'terrorist' seems to be the norm.
Original post by remarius
but Trump isn't a politician, and as far as being a crook, he is as crooked as the rest of them.
Tax avoidance, sexual assault and harassment and let's not forget the upcoming November 28th trial.

Clinton, as a democrat, also will be hugely limited as the Republicans will most likely control the House and the Senate (the same way Obama was) and that's if she will even last 4 years, she may have to resign depending on any criminal charges. If she gets in, I can't see the House or Senate being under democrat control.

Trump has also caught the imagination of the masses, and there is now a split and I can imagine if the govt. blocks anything proposed by president Trump, he will kick off, accuse democrats/govt. of blocking him and in turn his followers will then put pressure on the govt. even with the checks and balances system. I think the fact that Trump is already calling the election rigged, saying he won't accept a loss etc. shows what sort of leadership he would bring - one that when he doesn't get his way he tantrums and won't accept and will throw his weight around until he gets. I also don't think he understands that as president, he may be called the most powerful man in the world, but in essence he really is not and he is limited in his power. He would fit right in with NI politics, where talking round questions because you don't have an answer, denying your involvement in various criminal and dodgy activities, ranting about national pride, telling people they have to vote for you to stop the evil other side getting any power and making generalised, ignorant statements with a lot of use of the word 'terrorist' seems to be the norm.

LOL tell me about it. I'm from Manchester but have lived in Newry for the last 17 years !!
Not certain of a lot of the facts. My son told me to Google Hillary Clinton Emails. But one thing I have heard in the last few days is that a charity the Clintons set up, the Clinton Foundation, paid for Chelsea Clinton's fancy,expensive wedding, and Chelsea's husband used the Foundation in some dodgy way to better himself. You can't set up a charity to help vulnerable people or whoever then take thousands of pounds out of it to pay for your daughter's wedding. That's just wrong.

Did you know that Trump is possibly the first ever candidate to profit from his campaign?

I had it explained to me the other day, but can't remember all the details. Essentially he's been charging everything through the Trump Foundation, so when he uses Trump Airlines, the cost comes out of the Trump Foundation etc. (or so I think) and it's also questioned as to whether Trump has previously used the Trump Foundation to pay legal fees. So he is equally as dodgy as Clinton is, imo

I've heard things about this but far as I've ever been able to discern these allegations were unfounded/exaggerated; Their audits keep coming back clean. Using a company for tax reasons which is possibly what they've done is very different to using the actual funds from the charity. The email server thing is also nothing that other SoS' haven't done (Rice had a private email server too for instance). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by remarius
Did you know that Trump is possibly the first ever candidate to profit from his campaign?

I had it explained to me the other day, but can't remember all the details. Essentially he's been charging everything through the Trump Foundation, so when he uses Trump Airlines, the cost comes out of the Trump Foundation etc. (or so I think) and it's also questioned as to whether Trump has previously used the Trump Foundation to pay legal fees. So he is equally as dodgy as Clinton is, imo

Wow. What staggers and saddens me is that in a population of over 200 million people, these two are supposedly the best two choices for President.
LOL tell me about it. I'm from Manchester but have lived in Newry for the last 17 years !!

The thought that he would be elected was scary enough, until I realised that politicians in NI have been using the same tactics for years. I'm surprised he hasn't invited Arlene over yet, they could bond over their love of the colour orange.
Original post by Foo.mp3
A lone nutter can be contained in their political system, whereas the criminal puppet of a sinister sociopathic elite cannot

Yeah because Bush was kept in check wasn't he. Hilary is a lot less dangerous than Trump.

Are you right wing? If so, why pretend that your preference for Trump is as naive as that? :tongue:
Wow. What staggers and saddens me is that in a population of over 200 million people, these two are supposedly the best two choices for President.

There's a green candidate and a libertarian candidate as well, but they haven't been included in the presidential debates and aren't well known about. Sadly, any vote for them is pretty much a wasted vote as the US political system is so largely dominated by the two big main parties. I know Jill Stein is one, no idea who the other is but it makes it seem a bit more unfair that they haven't even been allowed to participate in the big media debates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending