The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it?
Reply 2
I spent half an hour on question 24 :frown:
[QUOTE=Fortox;68444708]I spent half an hour on question 24 :frown:

I was so close to answering that question and just ran out of time - really annoyed!!
Terrible. Got 58 marks max (teacher told us the answers afterwards)
Started panicking on question 3, that's how bad it was for me
Bricking the team challenge on Thursday after that 😭
Reply 5
I answered 22/25 questions but know I got at least one wrong! Really want to get onto the BMO round but that's probably not enough!! What do people think grade boundaries will be? Was it harder or easier than last year? Unfortunately I thought easier but I don't know if that's just because I've done another year of Maths!
IMO, I thought it was slightly harder than last year's. I reckon I got 99 as a score, so it's an absolute toss-up as to whether or not I qualify for the BMO.
Difficulty-wise, I think it was on par with last year's. I answered 20 of the questions, didn't guess any of them but chances are that at least 1 is wrong! I really want to qualify for the BMO but I doubt I will (max. marks I could've got = 105, but think I have probably got somewhere in the 90s). Oh well, I'd still be happy with the Kangaroo :smile:

Anyone else think it was harder/easier than last year's?
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Difficulty-wise, I think it was on par with last year's. I answered 20 of the questions, didn't guess any of them but chances are that at least 1 is wrong! I really want to qualify for the BMO but I doubt I will (max. marks I could've got = 105, but think I have probably got somewhere in the 90s). Oh well, I'd still be happy with the Kangaroo :smile:

Anyone else think it was harder/easier than last year's?

I thought it was 'easier', but because of that I didn't check through all the answers properly, (got the first one wrong! + two others), so i'm kissing goodbye to BMO and praying for a gold.
Original post by ReluctantWriter
I thought it was 'easier', but because of that I didn't check through all the answers properly, (got the first one wrong! + two others), so i'm kissing goodbye to BMO and praying for a gold.

Aw no, that sucks :frown: I haven't seen the answers yet!

I'm sure you'll have still managed to get a gold nonetheless
Aw no, that sucks :frown: I haven't seen the answers yet!

I'm sure you'll have still managed to get a gold nonetheless

I think the answers are out on this other thread!!😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I hate the maths challenge I think it is utterly pointless and not 'just a bit of fun' like my teacher said. Yes it is good practice of applying knowledge but otherwise I totally despise of it and I am absolutely terrible at it. Rant over😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
I hate the maths challenge I think it is utterly pointless and not 'just a bit of fun' like my teacher said. Yes it is good practice of applying knowledge but otherwise I totally despise of it and I am absolutely terrible at it. Rant over😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to agree until I forced myself to like it through lots of practice. It's a bit of an acquired taste haha :biggrin:
Answered 24 got one wrong. Oh I was correct on question 25 initially but I changed my answer at the end. Hopefully got 116, enough for BMO I think.
Reply 14
I used to agree until I forced myself to like it through lots of practice. It's a bit of an acquired taste haha :biggrin:

It definitely is!!! I can safely say I will never be doing one again after year 13😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was so close to answering that question and just ran out of time - really annoyed!!

what was it about again? kinda forgot...
Original post by rayestar
what was it about again? kinda forgot...

The one about a quarter circle and a triangle in a square. The question was to find the ratio of TR to UR I think
The one about a quarter circle and a triangle in a square. The question was to find the ratio of TR to UR I think

ohhh i remember thattt, nope i didn't touch that Q.
I remember doing the cuboid in sphere, the tessellation of tiles, the arc of circle (first Q on the top of back page) etc.
Original post by yoloswag007
I think the answers are out on this other thread!!😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which thread?
lol I always found the ukmt stuff pretty fun tbh, bc it doesn't rly count (ok, no pun intended). I'm in yr11 tho so when I took the Senior one I felt slightly lout of my depth. Hopefully went ok, tho:biggrin: It felt like there was tonnes of time, and I tried all but 3 or 4 of the questions post-15. Would love to know what the answers were, tho! I do hate suspense lol xp

Latest