The Student Room Group

Who's going to be President: Trump or Clinton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uni12345678
Well yes, we shall see on Wednesday. Out of interest, give me three reasons why trump would make a good president. Don't compare to Hilary, argue for the man himself. And don't say 'I like his policies'. Tell us all why, enlighten us on why you think a guy like him should be president of the greatest county in the world and why you think he would be best for everybody's future.

http://m.wikihow.com/Choose-Fruit

Have you ever picked rotten fruit? Both Trump and Clinton are exactly like 2 rotten fruit. How do you pick them?

1478559135411.jpg

If I were an American,I would pick the fruit called Trump. Why? This quote is my answer.

1478559162082.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trigglypuff
Stop making things up.

Provide sources.

Here's the one and only source that is needed in times like these: A spectre is haunting the world the spectre of communism. All the powers of the ole world have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies. Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries? Two things result from this fact: I. Communism is already acknowledged by all political powers to be itself a power II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Communism with a manifesto of the party itself To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.
Original post by Proletariat1984
Here's the one and only source that is needed in times like these:
A spectre is haunting the world the spectre of communism. All the powers of the ole world have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:
I. Communism is already acknowledged by all political powers to be itself a power

II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Communism with a manifesto of the party itself

To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

donaaaaaay spoken like a true politician
legend
10/10
you are the reason i sleep happy
me
I want Trump to win for sure.
A friend lost over something like this is a friend not worth having.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Again, friends not worth having, you certainly aren't alone, there are just too few with the guts to actually say what they believe when in an echo chamber, which is just made worse when we love in a society that, especially on the more right wing and/or conservative side tend to keep politics private.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Addressing the question - from what I understand, Clinton is the much more likely candidate to win. Whether that's what I'd like to happen is debatable, but both options generally aren't too convincing or interesting.
Reply 108
Hilary will undoubtedly win the Electoral college vote but with a decline in her votes and Trump having huge support in his key areas, he could go on to win the popular vote which would certainly spark a constitutional crisis
Original post by georgiapullmanxx
I pray that it's Clinton.

But someone is gonna vote for Trump,probably :-)

1478562570772.jpg

1478562596438.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope Clinton will win. Trouble is, America has always been known to be stupid in their elections.
Original post by zayn008
Hilary will undoubtedly win the Electoral college vote but with a decline in her votes and Trump having huge support in his key areas, he could go on to win the popular vote which would certainly spark a constitutional crisis

It's more likely the other way around and wouldn't spark a constitutional crisis, the same happened in 2000, and pre 12th Amendment, and John Quincy Adams in 1824 became the only President ever to be chosen by the House under the 12th Amendment and only got 30.9% of the popular vote, meanwhile Jackson won 41% of the popular vote and half of the States in the electoral college, also making it the only time the candidate with a plurality of electoral votes did not become President. I'm fact it's the only time it ever went to the house with it not having happened under the original framing.

There is no constitutional crisis if one candidate wins the popular but loses the electoral college, even if they win the popular by a few points, and the odds of a constitutional amendment to abolish the electoral college succeeding is very slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by honour
I hope Clinton will win. Trouble is, America has always been known to be stupid in their elections.

That will give Hillary hope
Reply 113
Original post by Jammy Duel
It's more likely the other way around and wouldn't spark a constitutional crisis, the same happened in 2000, and pre 12th Amendment, and John Quincy Adams in 1824 became the only President ever to be chosen by the House under the 12th Amendment and only got 30.9% of the popular vote, meanwhile Jackson won 41% of the popular vote and half of the States in the electoral college, also making it the only time the candidate with a plurality of electoral votes did not become President. I'm fact it's the only time it ever went to the house with it not having happened under the original framing.

There is no constitutional crisis if one candidate wins the popular but loses the electoral college, even if they win the popular by a few points, and the odds of a constitutional amendment to abolish the electoral college succeeding is very slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hilary has all the big states, trump can only win if he gains all the swing states. I can tell you now, if the scenario did happen Trump and his lawyers would be tearing the constitution apart in the courts, in the media and on the streets. I doubt he'd win the battle but with a republican congress, Hilary would have no authority and would be unable to justify her legitimacy if the system created such outcome
Original post by zayn008
Hilary has all the big states, trump can only win if he gains all the swing states. I can tell you now, if the scenario did happen Trump and his lawyers would be tearing the constitution apart in the courts, in the media and on the streets. I doubt he'd win the battle but with a republican congress, Hilary would have no authority and would be unable to justify her legitimacy if the system created such outcome

Have you ever even read the constitution? And Clinton does not hold all the big states, a number of the big states are Republican or are leaning Republican, even if they do tend to pick up all the small states and hold a supermajority state wise in the House and states themselves.
Gary Johnson will win!
Trump.People always vote for the stupidest option just like with brexit.So trump will win for sure.
Original post by Robby2312
Trump.People always vote for the stupidest option just like with brexit.So trump will win for sure.

" you either agree with me or you're stupid "

One of the biggest problems with democracy is whingers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingYusHalo
Gary Johnson will win!

There's no plausible path for that to happen - he's not anywhere close in a single state. The only plausible third-party candidate is Evan McMullin, who could win Utah, deadlock the Electoral College and then win through an extended game of Chicken in Congress. Even that is monumentally unlikely, but at least plausible.
Original post by Jammy Duel
" you either agree with me or you're stupid "

One of the biggest problems with democracy is whingers

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I think both candidates are pretty bad options.But people always vote for the stupid option in general.Thats why direct democracy is such a bad idea.Its also why it was a terrible idea to have an EU referendum.Sure lets give a bunch of people who know nothing about the EU, a vote on the EU.I n this election there is no good choice.The USA is pretty corrupt anyway so its probably going to come down to whoever has more money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending