The Student Room Group

Got an interview for Manchester...Cant Go

I got an interview for Maths With Finance on 23rd November, but my parent dont want me to go there and want me to stay in London, therefore they arent willing to drive me there, and i cant afford the travel costs. What are my alternatives? Tbh Manchester is my last choice but nonetheless it is still a choice
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
I got an interview for Maths With Finance on 23rd November, but my parent dont want me to go there and want me to stay in London, therefore they arent willing to drive me there, and i cant afford the travel costs. What are my alternatives? Tbh Manchester is my last choice but nonetheless it is still a choice

Contact Manchester and tell them the situation and see what they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As the other commenter said, contact Manchester ASAP and explain your situation. They may be willing to make alternative arrangements, such as a Skype interview (which I know Nottingham do for example), or even pay your travel costs but I don't know the likelihood of that.

A return to Manchester is still only £59 (without a railcard - get a young persons railcard and you can know 1/3 off that) for an afternoon interview.
Reply 4

Original post by PQ
A return to Manchester is still only £59 (without a railcard - get a young persons railcard and you can know 1/3 off that) for an afternoon interview.

Or Megabus coach from London for a tenner, return, for an afternoon interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Or Megabus coach for a tenner, return, for an afternoon interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We could have a whip round for that amount.
Original post by jneill
Or Megabus coach from London for a tenner, return, for an afternoon interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bargain!

OP could even stay over b&b here for £30: http://hattershostels.com/manchester-hilton-chambers/
(edited 7 years ago)
Looks Like Im going WOOHOO /thread
Reply 8
Looks Like Im going WOOHOO /thread

By plane, train, or coach? :smile:
Original post by jneill
By plane, train, or coach? :smile:

With my parents
Reply 10
With my parents