The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"That Qur'an is without change and alteration, and it is of the book of divine revelation " Ruhollah Khomeini (rh) [Adab as salat - section four]. Any other statement contrary is a fabrication or an extreme mistranslation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheProphetsPath
yeah i think so but i wasn't thinking of that lol i just call people bro as like a friend-word, you know what i mean?

Oh, no problem. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
From: 'A shiite Creed' by Shayk as Saduq(rh) - born 310 years after Hijrah

Says the Shaykh Abu Ja'far: Our belief Concerning the Qur'an is that it is the Word (kalam) of Allah, and His revelation, sent down by Him, His speech and His Book. And “Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it. A revelation from the Wise, the Praiseworthy” (Qur'an 41:42).
And “Lo! This verily is the true narrative” (Qur'an 3:62). “And Verily this (Qur'an) is a conclusive word; it is no pleasantry” (Qur'an 86:13-14).
Verily, Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He above all, is its Creator and Revealer and Master and Protector and Utterer.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-shiite-creed-shaykh-saduq

The above position was also adopted by his student, the renowned scholar, Sheikh Al Mufid (rh).
(edited 7 years ago)
From Rijal Al Kashi , a book of Rijal written by Muhammed Al Kashi, who died 340 years after Hijrah, less than a century after the death of Imam Bukhari:

حمدويه، قال حدثنا يعقوب، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن شعيب، عن أبي بصير، قال : قلت لأبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) إنهم يقولون قال و ما يقولون قلت يقولون تعلم قطر المطر و عدد النجوم و ورق الشجر و وزن ما في البحر و عدد التراب، فرفع يده إلى السماء، و قال سبحان الله سبحان الله لا و الله ما يعلم هذا إلا الله

532. Hamdawayh who said: narrated to us Ya’qub from Ibn Abi Umayr from Shuayb from Abi Basir who said: I said to Abi Abdillah عليه السلام they do say, he said: and what do they say? I said: they say that you know the number of the drops in the rain, and the number of the stars, and the number of leaves in all the trees, and the weight of what is in the ocean, and the number of sand particles, so he عليه السلام raised his hand to the sky and said: praise be to Allah, praise be to Allah, no by Allah, no one knows this except for Allah.

Nothing and nobody in existence has knowledge that can even be compared to the knowledge of Allah azwj, which is infinite. Anyone who believes such, has left the fold of Islam. This is the clear Ijma, and the consensus.
(edited 7 years ago)
The Sahaba Series: Sahl bin Hunayf (Radiyallahu Anhu):

Spoiler

Sahih International: "You will not find a people who believe in Allah and the Last Day having affection for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even if they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. Those - He has decreed within their hearts faith and supported them with spirit from Him. And We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally. Allah is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him - those are the party of Allah. Unquestionably, the party of Allah - they are the successful."

Sahlf b. Hunayfa al-Ansari al-Awsi (radiyallahu anhu) was born during the life of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w). He remained sincere to the Prophet (s.a.w) throughout the his life and message.

He fought in Badr and all other battles alongside the Prophet’s (s.a.w) army. Sahlf b. Hunayfa al-Ansari al-Awsi (radiyallahu anhu) was committed to Imam Ali (a.s) and fought alongside him in the “Battle in Siffīn.”

Imam Ali (a.s) appointed him the governor of Madinah.

According to Tarikh At Tabari - Volume 39 - The companions and their Successors:

His kunyah was Abu Sa'd or, according to another version, Abu `Abdallah. Sahl's ancestor was 'Amr b. al-Harith, the one called Bahzaj (calf of a wild cow).

Sahl participated in [the battles of ] Badr and Uhud. At Uhud he stood firmly by the Prophet while others retreated from him, and he pledged himself before the Prophet to fight to the death. That day he shot arrows defending the Prophet, whereupon the latter said "Give arrows to Sahl, for he is easy [in spending them]."Sahl also participated in the [event of the] Ditch and all the [other] battles on the Prophet's side.

He fought at Siffin on the side of 'Ali b. Abi Talib.

According to Ibn 'Umar [al-Wagidi]-'Abd al-Rahman b. `Abd al-'Aziz-Muhammad b. Abi Umamah b. Sahl-his father: Sahl b. Hunayf died in al-Kufah in the year 38 (June 9, 658-May 28, 659); `Ali b. Abi Talib said the ritual prayer over his bier.
(edited 7 years ago)

Well ima tell him wot u think but he might not care coz he's probs too busy with aaaall of his friends constantly messaging him all the time because he's such a good guy.
also : "I was just looking at him thinking how much he's aged lol"

Aleppo today.
Original post by Al-farhan

Aleppo today.

It's sad to accept the fact that this is now a regular situation in Syria.

Aleppo today.

what's that mean???
Original post by sabahshahed294
It's sad to accept the fact that this is now a regular situation in Syria.

Sadly it is the life of the people on a daily basis.
what's that mean???

It means what you see a little girl in the aftermath of a bomb hitting their home.
Sadly it is the life of the people on a daily basis.

Indeed. It's hard to see the pictures only. I imagine what it would be like on those people who see this happen right in front of their eyes especially the effect it has on little children. :frown: Children should see stuff and learn stuff that promote peace, love and tranquillity. Unfortunately, this is not the case here..
It means what you see a little girl in the aftermath of a bomb hitting their home.

:eek:
How are people so mean, it's so horrible what's happening! :cry2:
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam, how is everyone on this fine but cold Tuesday afternoon? What are your plans for the rest of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykum aslaaam.
Alhamdulillah been well. What about yours?
I might start writing up my lab report. And eat.

Aleppo today.

SubhanAllah. Their situation is so worse compared to how we are living. We should be grateful no matter what problems we are facing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek:
How are people so mean, it's so horrible what's happening! :cry2:

Cruelty of humans to other humans will never cease to shock you.
All we can do is pray for them to get ease from Allah and donate to verified charities that can help them.
Cruelty of humans to other humans will never cease to shock you.
All we can do is pray for them to get ease from Allah and donate to verified charities that can help them.

Indeed. The "verified charities" is an important part that needs to be looked into when donating, the sad but the bitter truth about charities is that some of them are just namesake and do NOTHING to help people.
Minimum 35 Ways to Respect your Parents

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Did you hear about the Egyptians helping Assad too? Sisi snaked Saudi like Saudi snaked the Muslim brotherhood.

Heard of the weapon supplies to the regime.
I think the current egyptian regime is only concerned with the $ and will go to the highest bidder. Which for now seems to be Russia and Co.

Ps how do you expect a regime that kills its own citizens for protesting to care about other people of other nations.
Original post by sabahshahed294
Indeed. The "verified charities" is an important part that needs to be looked into when donating, the sad but the bitter truth about charities is that some of them are just namesake and do NOTHING to help people.

Indeed, some of these people take money into their pockets or the pockets of nefarious groups while gathering it in the name of the needy.

But as charity givers we have to be vigilant.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending