The Student Room Group

French (and Icelandic) women don't understand the pay gap.

Yet another example of idiots protesting an earnings gap they apparenlty know very little about:

"Women in France are being urged to walk out of work in order to protest the 15.1% wage gap in France."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37894042

"On Monday, French women were urged to quietly pack their bags and walk out of their offices at the appointed time to unite in their call for equal pay."

"In France, the gap between men and women's average hourly wage was 15.1% in 2010, which, feminist group Les Glorieuses calculated, means a woman will work 38.2 days more than a man for the same salary. And that, they say, is not on."

And apparently the same thing is done in Iceland:

"For the last 11 years, women in Iceland have been walking out on 24 October at the time they should leave every day if they were to be paid the same hourly-rate as their male counterparts*." (Also see this article from The Atlantic).

Except this isn't true. They calculate it using the national average annual income and not the pay rates of their actual "male counterparts" in the same job (who are paid the same by law). And somehow after 11 years of skipping work early in protest, there still seems to be a mysterious average pay gap. It's a mystery, folks.

No counter points and clarifaction about the wage gap from the BBC to be seen. Can't say I'm particularly surprised, as they only seem to bother with that if it's something from the anti-SJW camp...

I honestly wouldn't tolerate this as an employer.
As someone who studies Criminology, and who interacts (in class) with people studying other -ologies, I can safely say that the pay gap myth is rife.

I for one used to believe in it and all sorts of other feminist issues, but as recently as 2 years ago, after investing my time in research, I was able to rid myself of this SJW garbage.

It pains me every time I hear it, yet I hold my tongue.

It's a myth that will never go away.
Well timed thread. In an AS Politics lesson today my teacher taught it as fact and then after we disputed the "wage gap" she then went on to tell me I should feel angry, as a woman, because I'm oppressed by this "statistic".

Then again, I live in an incredibly liberal area.
Ironic that non-feminists go on about this more than feminists.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Every one of your posts I want to rep.....But PRSOM. :nooo:
Original post by Orbital Rising

Haha, thanks. :smile:

Original post by Orbital Rising

*Ahem* We're not the ones having mass protests and staged walk outs over it. We talk about it on the internet a lot because we're tired of this crap always being in the news and the media mainstream, but somehow that means we "go on about this more than feminists."
Original post by Dandaman1
*Ahem* We're not the ones having mass protests and staged walk outs over it. We talk about it on the internet a lot because we're tired of this crap always being in the news and the media mainstream, but somehow that means we "go on about this more than feminists."

No, but, it seems every second thread on here complains about this, and I only see like I'd say 30% of Feminists on about this. And, how's it 'always in the news', unless the 'news' you're talking about is from the 'skillful raconteurs' at Buzzfeed.
No, but, it seems every second thread on here complains about this, and I only see like I'd say 30% of Feminists on about this. And, how's it 'always in the news', unless the 'news' you're talking about is from the 'skillful raconteurs' at Buzzfeed.

Type 'wage gap' or 'pay gap' into Google and click news. You'll see what I mean. I've already cited two articles about it from the past week or so from reputable sources.

Exactly. This lie is constantly repeated in the mainstream media. Anyone who supports logic and evidence has a duty to challenge it.

I can't think of any other complete untruth that generates so much media coverage.
Type 'wage gap' or 'pay gap' into Google and click news. You'll see what I mean. I've already cited two articles about it from the past week or so from reputable sources.

Alrighty.
I wouldnt use the term feminazi but its ironic that it was a nazi that said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
He got that right.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I can't think of any other complete untruth that generates so much media coverage.

Kim Kardashian being attractive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending