The Student Room Group

do guys prefer girls with or without make-up?

so I know that girls/women/anyone really wear make up for themselves and not to get attention, but I find that guys at my school only really like girls that wear make-up?

I don't wear it, and I've never had any attention like that, although that may be because I'm a bit larger than most people's idea girl.

Anyway, is this true or is this just my school?

Scroll to see replies

I don't really have a preference on that type of thing I just like girls for their personality and not their looks.
Original post by Demonlover1
I don't really have a preference on that type of thing I just like girls for their personality and not their looks.

BULL ****
Reply 3
Everyone looks better with makeup so yes, guys would prefer girls who wear makeup.
Well I've noticed that I get more attention with no make up on. I still get attention when I am wearing a little make up (foundation, mascara) but probably double the amount without. Which is weird, because I always feel I look really tired without it. Make up can sometimes make girls look intimidating and unapproachable (which I know it does with me) whereas I guess no make up=simple & down to earth.
Reply 5
Original post by Pendragons
so I know that girls/women/anyone really wear make up for themselves and not to get attention

lol

Original post by Ham22
Everyone looks better with makeup so yes, guys would prefer girls who wear makeup.

lol
Original post by Ham22

I wouldn't agree. All through my teens, all girls I went out with were the type that wore make-up and I didn't think anything of it. I didn't really care at the time.

As I've got older I prefer a natural look. My other half of four years doesn't wear any make-up. She sometimes puts it on for a night out/wedding (just eye make-up) and I think she looks much better without.

Plus the bonus of not having to wait for her to get ready is great!
What do you think?
what peanutbuttercup said basically.. Especially the bit about 'intimidating and unapproachable' (basically, you look like a *****. a cold, heartless ***** who's mere presence causes dreams to die: if you pack it on too much)

no pressuree
depends
some girls look beautiful without makeup
some just look stoned
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
What do you think?

Again, it doesn't bother me as it's a girls decision :smile: however, if a girl does wear makeup it should never be caked on! #Moooose
Original post by OvergrownMoose
Again, it doesn't bother me as it's a girls decision :smile: however, if a girl does wear makeup it should never be caked on! #Moooose

:hugs: I only wear it for vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery special occasions :wink:
Very true :yep:
Little to nothing = best.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:hugs: I only wear it for vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery special occasions :wink:
Very true :yep:

Everything about you is so cute and innocent! :smile: You look beautiful either way!! #Moooose
Why do you care? :tongue:
Original post by OvergrownMoose
Everything about you is so cute and innocent! :smile: You look beautiful either way!! #Moooose

:colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by Matt_Norfolk
I wouldn't agree. All through my teens, all girls I went out with were the type that wore make-up and I didn't think anything of it. I didn't really care at the time.

As I've got older I prefer a natural look. My other half of four years doesn't wear any make-up. She sometimes puts it on for a night out/wedding (just eye make-up) and I think she looks much better without.

Plus the bonus of not having to wait for her to get ready is great!

There's always one isn't there.
From my experience guys like the no makeup look, that actually does require makeup but they just don't think it does. I just look sick without it!:tongue:
I'm pretty sure i am the only one but when a girl has a normal amount of make up i essentially never notice it unless i look super closely (havent done that btw, i aint a creep XD)
When they have excessive make-up it generally discourages me from talking to them if i can help it. First thing that comes into my head is that they spend more time trying to look good than everything else in their life combined (okay that's an exageration but u get what i mean).
So generally i prefer a normal amount or none as i can't tell the difference :P

edit- actually, i can notice fake lashes usually but things like eye liner i can't see
Original post by Jackrosser97
BULL ****

Why is my honest response, BS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending