The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Its with a drs permission that im coming off meds. And i reduced properly not just cold turkey.
Though this dr doesnt know me or my back story and has only met me once so #YOLO haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah OK. That's better than what I presumed. Though sounds like that dr didn't have the info needed to make a proper decision... :dontknow:
Original post by Tommy Newton
Hello. I'm Dominic, previously diagnosed schizoaffective bipolar/ASD/EDNOS, now with a psychiatrist who seems to think I'm malingering. I'm in hospital and being kept in until January, by a psychiatrist who appears to think there's nothing wrong with me! It's all very strange.

How is everybody today:? I'm in a bit of a state. I called advocacy about having been rather brutally restrained, smashed into the linoleum and held down by my neck, almost passed out then discovered much later that my head had bled onto the floor. Advocacy referred me to my MH lawyers, who referred me to the Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland. I cried during the call and the call handler hung up on me. The restraint had been on the grounds that I'd thrown water over a nurse whilst a bit loopy. I've also been charged with assault and possibly have to go to court over, to be fair, badly injuring another nurse. The nurse who dealt with me after that incident explained it in terms of: "if you're drunk and you assault somebody, you're responsible, so if you're unwell and you assault somebody, you're responsible". I don't know what to think of it all.

Hiya! Welcome :smile:

I'm really sorry you're in such a tough position. Don't stop fighting, and make sure you have some decent representation that will help you. Good luck :hugs:
I actually had an okay day. I got a couple of hours more sleep, and went to college. I was really scared, but the tutor I'm scared of was nice. I did hear my name being said like 7 or 8 times by him in a conversation with another tutor under their breaths though, but no one else who was there heard it so I don't know :dontknow:

I didn't really get any work done, but I still went and I guess I'm proud of that at least. I'm at home relaxing, and I have tomorrow off as well, so I only have Wednesday to get through unless plans change. Hanging in there until Thursday

:grouphugs: Hugs to everyone
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah OK. That's better than what I presumed. Though sounds like that dr didn't have the info needed to make a proper decision... :dontknow:

Yeah she just had me saying "things are better" to go on.

Which is great for my med free plan

Posted from TSR Mobile
things are kinda looking up now and I'm happy. Things are getting dealt with and I'm pleased that it's finally happening. :woo:
What is it with the evenings why do I always feel low and anxious ? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope this doesn't upset anyone but here goes.

A few days ago my grandad died, I miss him but he was always manipulative and it continues after his death.

He leaves my cousin 10 thousand in his will, the same cousin who has made death threats to my family over the years as she is bi polar and violent, left my married cousins a lot of money but none for me and my brother as we are single, yet all my cousns are very well off and me and brother on disability benefits and struggling.

He said a lot of hurtful things over the years that are still on my mind but I do miss him but I am angry with the way he treated my side of family over the years.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I actually had an okay day. I got a couple of hours more sleep, and went to college. I was really scared, but the tutor I'm scared of was nice. I did hear my name being said like 7 or 8 times by him in a conversation with another tutor under their breaths though, but no one else who was there heard it so I don't know :dontknow:

I didn't really get any work done, but I still went and I guess I'm proud of that at least. I'm at home relaxing, and I have tomorrow off as well, so I only have Wednesday to get through unless plans change. Hanging in there until Thursday

:grouphugs: Hugs to everyone

Hey,

Aw very glad to hear that :smile:
I'm proud of you for going, it's very brave of you and it will help for the future now :smile:
Hmm that's odd but it was good things because you're so awesome!

Aw well at least you went! That's the main thing here :smile: Were all very proud of you!
You deserve a nice relaxing day off now :smile:
Hope all goes smoothly! :biggrin:

:hugs:

Original post by Midnightmemories
things are kinda looking up now and I'm happy. Things are getting dealt with and I'm pleased that it's finally happening. :woo:

Aww so glad to hear this! Glad things are looking up for you! You deserve good things after what you've been through!

Original post by Elleee1234
What is it with the evenings why do I always feel low and anxious ? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Sorry to hear this, hopefully this will improve soon.
Just try to relax and do hints you enjoy. Maybe listen to music and see if that helps?
Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Original post by drbluebox
Hope this doesn't upset anyone but here goes.

A few days ago my grandad died, I miss him but he was always manipulative and it continues after his death.

He leaves my cousin 10 thousand in his will, the same cousin who has made death threats to my family over the years as she is bi polar and violent, left my married cousins a lot of money but none for me and my brother as we are single, yet all my cousns are very well off and me and brother on disability benefits and struggling.

He said a lot of hurtful things over the years that are still on my mind but I do miss him but I am angry with the way he treated my side of family over the years.

So sorry to hear all of this, it's not good if him that he's done that. Everyone should be treated equally!
This is wrong and something needs to be done.
Please don't feel too bad over it though, you'll have a great life :smile:
Well, I've been gone for a while.

Nothing has gotten better despite it seeming that it did. Downward spiral commenced a week ago. I just want this crap to stop :/
My CPN is back! He sounded exhausted on the phone, so I hope he is alright. Seeing him on Friday. :h:
Hi again. Status report is that I'm utterly crushed with guilt, all over again. Breakup guilt. I wish I were/had been a better person.
Going into hospital this evening after uni to restart clozapine. Voluntary thank god! Wish me luck
Original post by Noodlzzz
Going into hospital this evening after uni to restart clozapine. Voluntary thank god! Wish me luck

Wish you all the luck in the world :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
My CPN is back! He sounded exhausted on the phone, so I hope he is alright. Seeing him on Friday. :h:

Woop great news! :biggrin:
Aw well hopefully he is ok :smile:
Hope it goes well for you :smile:

Original post by Jay018
Well, I've been gone for a while.

Nothing has gotten better despite it seeming that it did. Downward spiral commenced a week ago. I just want this crap to stop :/

:console: I Hope things improve for you soon :smile: Things will look up, trust me. It's just a short bad spell, that's all.

Original post by Tommy Newton
Hi again. Status report is that I'm utterly crushed with guilt, all over again. Breakup guilt. I wish I were/had been a better person.

Please dont feel this way. You're the better person!
You'll be better of after this, trust me :smile:

Oooh, good luck :smile: :hugs:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hey,

Aw very glad to hear that :smile:
I'm proud of you for going, it's very brave of you and it will help for the future now :smile:
Hmm that's odd but it was good things because you're so awesome!

Aw well at least you went! That's the main thing here :smile: Were all very proud of you!
You deserve a nice relaxing day off now :smile:
Hope all goes smoothly! :biggrin:

:hugs:

Thank you :hugs:
The police are on their way to take my brother to the hospital again. I don't know why exactly, but he's being physically separated from me so I can only presume the worst. I thought this was all over. I can't go back to living like that :cry2:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
The police are on their way to take my brother to the hospital again. I don't know why exactly, but he's being physically separated from me so I can only presume the worst. I thought this was all over. I can't go back to living like that :cry2:

I'll have you in my thoughts all evening :hugs:
Original post by Deyesy
I'll have you in my thoughts all evening :hugs:

Thank you, that means a lot :hugs:

Best of luck lovely. :hugs:
From the high of my CPN being back to the lows of my mental health possibly already destroying my chances of getting a first class and I'm not even finished my first honours year :cry2:

Thankfully, my lecturer for this module is supportive, and is happy to get me a resit essay (if she can), provided I get medical evidence.

Latest