The Student Room Group

Service user - university interview

What would a service user most likely discuss as a topic in an interview for adult nursing ?
Original post by nafisa230
What would a service user most likely discuss as a topic in an interview for adult nursing ?

A service user?
Do you mean you yourself going for an interview?

People cannot dicuss individual university details. This is highly frowned upon and can be seen as giving others a distinct advantage over others, which a lot of people do not have.
There are many threads on the site that will be able to give you advice and support.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They would probably ask you about handling complaints from relatives and service users, encouraging patients to benefit from the care provided, time management and teamwork etc. Generally, aspects of nursing which would affect the service user directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thank you I thought it was issues like this but was still confused also during discussion with current nurses what do you think may be likely topics
Thank you I thought it was issues like this but was still confused also during discussion with current nurses what do you think may be likely topics

You're welcome :smile: Again, questions asked by current nurses could include the present issues (challenges and developments) faced in nursing/NHS, the 6 C's and how they apply to nursing, the qualities a nurse must possess etc. I recommend you read about the NMC code, 6 C's and Francis report etc. To gain a good understanding of nursing in the current time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by wikiellie
You're welcome :smile: Again, questions asked by current nurses could include the present issues (challenges and developments) faced in nursing/NHS, the 6 C's and how they apply to nursing, the qualities a nurse must possess etc. I recommend you read about the NMC code, 6 C's and Francis report etc. To gain a good understanding of nursing in the current time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I'm just so nervous I have an interview for Huddersfield and I'm unaware of whether there will be a maths test
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a current student ?
Thank you I'm just so nervous I have an interview for Huddersfield and I'm unaware of whether there will be a maths test

Don't worry, you will be absolutely fine! Just remember to remain calm and collected, and allow your personality and passion for nursing to come through on the day.

Most interviewers will be experienced in meeting applicants, and expect a degree of nervousness. An admissions tutor I'm friends with even suggested a bit of apprehension is good for you, because it encourages you to think well on your feet and be prepared for the unexpected!

You'll do well, so all the best! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Are you a student ?
I've read in Huddersfield website no where it mentions maths test so there probably isn't one.
I know it's so nerve wrecking the whole situation
I'm going to rehearse over everything and then maybe take a break watch eastenders and then wake up early at 5 and reread for an hour and then get dressed for 7
It is thought to snow !!
I hope public transport doesn't stop I have arranged a lift but snow should NOT come 😭😭
Are you a student ?
I've read in Huddersfield website no where it mentions maths test so there probably isn't one.
I know it's so nerve wrecking the whole situation
I'm going to rehearse over everything and then maybe take a break watch eastenders and then wake up early at 5 and reread for an hour and then get dressed for 7
It is thought to snow !!
I hope public transport doesn't stop I have arranged a lift but snow should NOT come 😭😭

I'm not a student yet, but I have had a couple of interviews/selection days, and have already received an offer from one university. Like yourself, I have a test day tomorrow as well (for Middlesex), so I'm also quite apprehensive, and preparing this evening in time for tomorrow morning 😊

Regarding the weather, I have a cousin near Huddersfield who tells me it's currently snowing, but hopefully not too much! 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm not a student yet, but I have had a couple of interviews/selection days, and have already received an offer from one university. Like yourself, I have a test day tomorrow as well (for Middlesex), so I'm also quite apprehensive, and preparing this evening in time for tomorrow morning 😊

Regarding the weather, I have a cousin near Huddersfield who tells me it's currently snowing, but hopefully not too much! 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no 😫
I'm so worried
Yes I'm preparing also where have you applied ?
Oh no 😫
I'm so worried
Yes I'm preparing also where have you applied ?

I've applied to City Uni London (from whom I've received an offer), KCL, Middlesex, and LSBU. I'm from the Midlands, but have friends and family who live in London, so I'm wanting a change of atmosphere :smile:

Where have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Oh wow I'm on the otherside 😂 I've applied for
Manchester
Man met
Salford
Huddersfield and Bolton
I relax then panicky then relax again then meltdown 😳😂
Do all yours have maths entry test ?
Original post by deviant182
A service user?
Do you mean you yourself going for an interview?

People cannot dicuss individual university details. This is highly frowned upon and can be seen as giving others a distinct advantage over others, which a lot of people do not have.
There are many threads on the site that will be able to give you advice and support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

when a healthcare course refers to 'service users' on the interview panel , it means that the interview panel is likely going to be three people

- an academic
- a clinician
- a lay person with experience of being a 'service user' / patient

it;s likely these lay people have had training and will no doubt take their share in asking questions , probably values / understanding of the nature of working as a Nurse ( or other health professional) ...

their views along with those of the (alleged)clinician - as the clinician spot is often used as jolly by 2nd and 3 line managers rather than it being an 'ordinary' practitioner or a first line Manager ( i.e. management band 6 Sister/CN or dual role CN/ advanced practitioner)

and with regard ot maths tests it may well feature to screen out those who even if they have a level 2 maths qualification can do levle 2 maths for meds stuff.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh wow I'm on the otherside 😂 I've applied for
Manchester
Man met
Salford
Huddersfield and Bolton
I relax then panicky then relax again then meltdown 😳😂
Do all yours have maths entry test ?

A friend of mine studied Adult Nursing at Manchester, and really enjoyed it. Salford is also very good, I hear.

I generally feel fine until a day or two before the selection event, then begin to feel apprehensive as it gets closer :smile:

Yes, the places I've applied to all have Maths tests as far as I know. Have you had any other interviews yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
A friend of mine studied Adult Nursing at Manchester, and really enjoyed it. Salford is also very good, I hear.

I generally feel fine until a day or two before the selection event, then begin to feel apprehensive as it gets closer :smile:

Yes, the places I've applied to all have Maths tests as far as I know. Have you had any other interviews yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huddersfield is my first one
And I have also received interviews for 2 others by it's so intense and aahhhh
Huddersfield is my first one
And I have also received interviews for 2 others by it's so intense and aahhhh

It certainly is intense, especially having so many in the space of a few weeks. I wasn't expecting universities to reply so quickly! Good luck with your other interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending