The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshgirl7
Does anyone know if the BMAT unis (applied to Leeds and BSMS) tend to offer interviews later than non BMAT unis considering we only sat the exam less than a week ago? The waiting game is killing me!!

I think they start offering interviews sometime after you get results, so most likely in early December, if they offer any December interviews
Original post by Nuba123
Yeah I applied to those unis and catching up is goin alright, wby? Chemistry is my hardest subject!

No way you applied to those same places as well!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?? That's amazing?! So you left Glasgow out?
Original post by Nuba123
Hey, I'm a hijabi as well! I bought 5 new scarves to match my interview outfit lol x

Original post by nomophobia
Hey! It's a relief to finally find someone lol, I don't know anyone in real life who's a hijabi going for interviews (sad I know) Haha, what are you wearing and are you gonna wear a black scarf or a different colour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you guys actually wear a hijab to interview? That's really good of you! :smile:

I will wear a shirt and trousers. Would it be too much to wear a watch? I know you are girls but thought i'd ask as you seem like you know what you're on about.
Original post by Nuba123
HAHA, I lol-ed, some employers think it's tacky my friend got into trouble by her boss because it looked disgusting - ikr what an ******* but anyway I think it's pretty but I wouldn't wear it just so I'm not being defiant lmao. xxx

Just out of interest, do you wear it because of being a good Muslim or because your parents make you?

Like do you wear it to school as well?

Most of the Muslim girls in Aberdeen don't wear hijabs for that kinda thing. Tbh unless it's like prayer then hardly ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
BUT YES FINALLY someone who gets it haha

Me neither (and same lol). Oooh, that sounds really stylish haha. Hmm, maroon or lilac I would go with, but depends on whichever one you either feel more comfortable wearing or whichever one suits you more. I haven't even bought anything yet lmao, I've been looking around but I'm super short and petite sections don't really sell smart clothes (sigh) but I imagined a black skirt/dress with a blazer and I might dare to wear a brightly coloured scarf but idk. What kind of shoes are you wearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHOES TO WEAR. AND YOUR OUTFIT SOUNDS REALLLLYYY NICE. I'm thinking of buying a pair of flats from H&M wby?
BUT YES FINALLY someone who gets it haha

Me neither (and same lol). Oooh, that sounds really stylish haha. Hmm, maroon or lilac I would go with, but depends on whichever one you either feel more comfortable wearing or whichever one suits you more. I haven't even bought anything yet lmao, I've been looking around but I'm super short and petite sections don't really sell smart clothes (sigh) but I imagined a black skirt/dress with a blazer and I might dare to wear a brightly coloured scarf but idk. What kind of shoes are you wearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What unis have u applied to? x
Original post by Jeff458(#22)
No way you applied to those same places as well!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?? That's amazing?! So you left Glasgow out?

Would you guys actually wear a hijab to interview? That's really good of you! :smile:

I will wear a shirt and trousers. Would it be too much to wear a watch? I know you are girls but thought i'd ask as you seem like you know what you're on about.

No I've applied to Glasgow as well! Yeah, I'd wear a hijab and sounds like a plan, I'd probably wear the same if I was a guy. Also, I don't know jack about style but I got some help for my interview outfit XD
Just out of interest, do you wear it because of being a good Muslim or because your parents make you?

Like do you wear it to school as well?

Most of the Muslim girls in Aberdeen don't wear hijabs for that kinda thing. Tbh unless it's like prayer then hardly ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wear it to school as well and it's purely for religious reasons. I like wearing it and only take it off at home. I know a lot of girls who take it off at times but that's purely their decision - I don't show my hair on social media either. It's a personal choice (my mum doesn't wear it) but my dad definitely encouraged it lol but his sisters don't really wear it either.
I'm sure there must be some full-time hijabis in Aberdeen tho XD

Plus the time I save not worrying about how my hair looks is worth it... LOL

Also I wouldn't be being myself if I took it off, I'm proud of who I am and my religious identity. If I took it off it would be for other people and I don't work like that lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuba123
I wear it to school as well and it's purely for religious reasons. I like wearing it and only take it off at home. I know a lot of girls who take it off at times but that's purely their decision - I don't show my hair on social media either. It's a personal choice (my mum doesn't wear it) but my dad definitely encouraged it lol but his sisters don't really wear it either.

Also I wouldn't be being myself if I took it off, I'm proud of who I am and my religious identity. If I took it off it would be for other people and I don't work like that lol.

maasha allah may allah swt reward you for this
ameen
Original post by starmuneer
maasha allah may allah swt reward you for this
ameen

Haha, thank you. x I've been told so many times I'd look better without it but I guess that's kind of the point. XD

Of course, I never take it off (besides at home) so I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wear it to the interview and you're meant to be yourself at interview.

And nah, it definitely wouldn't be too much but don't wear an extremely flashy one of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHOES TO WEAR. AND YOUR OUTFIT SOUNDS REALLLLYYY NICE. I'm thinking of buying a pair of flats from H&M wby?

Hahahah, and thanks although it's all in my head, nothings actually materialised yet lol. Hmm good idea, I'm thinking it'll be too cold for ballet type flats so probably lace up shoes.

Original post by Nuba123
What unis have u applied to? x

I've applied to Cardiff, Leicester, Lancaster and Liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahah, and thanks although it's all in my head, nothings actually materialised yet lol. Hmm good idea, I'm thinking it'll be too cold for ballet type flats so probably lace up shoes.

I've applied to Cardiff, Leicester, Lancaster and Liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't tho about the shoes still a bit frazzled ngl. And awwn, we haven't applied to any of the same unis :frown:
I've applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.x
Of course, I never take it off (besides at home) so I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wear it to the interview and you're meant to be yourself at interview.

And nah, it definitely wouldn't be too much but don't wear an extremely flashy one of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes gyal we're on the same wavelength. And lol don't be extra with the watch @Jeff458 omg Jeff how many accounts to you have SMH XD
Original post by Nuba123
I don't tho about the shoes still a bit frazzled ngl. And awwn, we haven't applied to any of the same unis :frown:
I've applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.x

Original post by Nuba123
Yes gyal we're on the same wavelength. And lol don't be extra with the watch @Jeff458 omg Jeff how many accounts to you have SMH XD

You can always figure it out when you get an interview lol. Aww, that's a shame. But are you from Scotland? Just asking cuz you've applied to only Scottish unis and I was gonna apply to Glasgow but my UKCAT wasn't good enough :frown:

Yes exactly lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123

Ah right. That's really good of you though! Not many girls have the confidence to pull off something like that so nice one tbh.
Plus it means I probably am more anxious about my hair as a guy than you are as a girl!!! XD

Original post by Nuba123
No I've applied to Glasgow as well! Yeah, I'd wear a hijab and sounds like a plan, I'd probably wear the same if I was a guy. Also, I don't know jack about style but I got some help for my interview outfit XD

Hahahaha niceeee
Original post by Nuba123

You can always figure it out when you get an interview lol. Aww, that's a shame. But are you from Scotland? Just asking cuz you've applied to only Scottish unis and I was gonna apply to Glasgow but my UKCAT wasn't good enough :frown:

Yes exactly lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would an Armani watch be too flashy? I bought two of them in the Summer (Dad said they would look nice) but now I am thinking it may be over the top a wee bit.

Tbh, that's the only questions I have about what to wear to interview. You girls really do obsess over fashion!!!
Ah right. That's really good of you though! Not many girls have the confidence to pull off something like that so nice one tbh.
Plus it means I probably am more anxious about my hair as a guy than you are as a girl!!! XD

Really? Most girls that I know who don't wear just don't want to wear it tbh, I've seen many girls at my college start wearing the hijab and others who stop wearing it, but I do see what you mean because a lot of them just want to fit in.
And haha, dw, I stress about the fact that the point on my scarf isn't perfect XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would an Armani watch be too flashy? I bought two of them in the Summer (Dad said they would look nice) but now I am thinking it may be over the top a wee bit.

Tbh, that's the only questions I have about what to wear to interview. You girls really do obsess over fashion!!!

Idk, depends on colour, size and whether you genuinely think it's too flashy - if you're leaning more towards the side of it being too flashy, it probably is. But also, wear it if you want to because interviewers aren't gonna look at your watch and be like "show off" haha.

Haha, of course we do, i'd feel weird not stressing about what to wear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naaaa go for it and why do you have so many accounts :biggrin:
Original post by Natalierm2707
You meet the requirements it seems for southampton but fall short on nottingham for GCSE grades.

There is always Plymouth but obviously relying on one uni leans towards a very low chance of getting in. To the OP if you have the criteria for widening access then you may as well try for medicine if that's what you really want to do, and have your 5th as pharmacy. Just try and find out online how competitive it is and most importantly what entry requirements they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending