The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__
Nah sounds good you could convert me 😉 what other uni's have you applied for btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahah ultimate goal! anyway: barts, keele and exeter. what about you?
Reply 101
Original post by svenderman
well, it's not bad but it's not amazing either. for what unis are you thinking of applying? for example, i'd personally never do that cuz i want to do surgery and italy is shite for surgery

Humanitas, Pavia, IMS Milan and Rome la Sapienza

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eehaj
Humanitas, Pavia, IMS Milan and Rome la Sapienza

Posted from TSR Mobile

right right hopefully you won't need to go that far haha
Reply 103
right right hopefully you won't need to go that far haha

Idk my chances aren't really looking good of getting in here... Even if by some form of wizardry I get an interview and an offer, I don't know if I'll be able to get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I've gathered from stalking the SGUL 2016 entry thread is that if you had a score of above 700 your likely to be interviewed in december time because some people with scores above 700 (some even slightly below 700) were invited for an interview around that time and this year, on average, does seem weaker so it isn't unheard of for our high scorers to be weaker than last year's too! So I'd venture to guess that a score of around 690 (give or take) or above can expect interviews in December. Interviews last year were starting to be given out during mid-late november too so within 2 weeks we should be seeing interivews being made. Ideally tho I'd like more time for my interview xD
Fingers crossed, good luck to every1 in their interviews this year
Reply 105
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
What I've gathered from stalking the SGUL 2016 entry thread is that if you had a score of above 700 your likely to be interviewed in december time because some people with scores above 700 (some even slightly below 700) were invited for an interview around that time and this year, on average, does seem weaker so it isn't unheard of for our high scorers to be weaker than last year's too! So I'd venture to guess that a score of around 690 (give or take) or above can expect interviews in December. Interviews last year were starting to be given out during mid-late november too so within 2 weeks we should be seeing interivews being made. Ideally tho I'd like more time for my interview xD

Having stalked the Kings thread, I noticed that someone with a ukcat average of around 635 received an interview this year... Could be am exception, but idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any clue where I would stand if my score is 667? I was thinking January or March for me as they don't do interviews in Feb for medicine I don't think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I panic if I didn't receive the email saying I was eligible for the interview? daaaayum
Reply 108
Should I panic if I didn't receive the email saying I was eligible for the interview? daaaayum

No bc most people haven't received it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Any clue where I would stand if my score is 667? I was thinking January or March for me as they don't do interviews in Feb for medicine I don't think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Upon further stalking the thread, I noticed that a few people with a score of around 670-685 got an interview scheduled to take place in mid-January. Given that this cohort was slightly weaker than last I'd say you might be looking at an interview at mid Jan to late Jan. Although yes if you don't get an interview in jan you will most likely receive one in early march. You are correct they do not do interviews for medicine in February.

Nah not much reason to worry about that. My friend also applied to SGUL and he also hasn't received that email yet. The email didn't really detail much tho just the total score needed to be eligible for interview and the score needed to be placed on the waiting list. You should receive one shortly and the information should be up on their website sooner or later.
Upon further stalking the thread, I noticed that a few people with a score of around 670-685 got an interview scheduled to take place in mid-January. Given that this cohort was slightly weaker than last I'd say you might be looking at an interview at mid Jan to late Jan. Although yes if you don't get an interview in jan you will most likely receive one in early march. You are correct they do not do interviews for medicine in February.

Thank you so much 😘 that's good then as I don't want my interview to be too early 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eehaj
Having stalked the Kings thread, I noticed that someone with a ukcat average of around 635 received an interview this year... Could be am exception, but idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could possibly be an exception. Does King's rank by UKCAT or interview with highest UKCAT first in general? Whilst a few universities do rank by UKCAT, I am unsure if King's does.
Reply 113
Could possibly be an exception. Does King's rank by UKCAT or interview with highest UKCAT first in general? Whilst a few universities do rank by UKCAT, I am unsure if King's does.

I'm sorry, I meant someone on the Kings thread got an interview for st George's with a ukcat of 635ish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eehaj
I'm sorry, I meant someone on the Kings thread got an interview for st George's with a ukcat of 635ish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm maybe that's an exception then. It could also be an indication that St Georges might not invite people with high UKCAT first this year which is possible too.
Reply 115
6a* 4a, AAA prediction and ukcat above the cutoff, will I be interviewed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
6a* 4a, AAA prediction and ukcat above the cutoff, will I be interviewed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you will be :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where else are people applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
when will I hear back from St George's regarding interviews?
Reply 119
Original post by 11...
when will I hear back from St George's regarding interviews?

I spoke to them and they said this month or next month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending