The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
The police are on their way to take my brother to the hospital again. I don't know why exactly, but he's being physically separated from me so I can only presume the worst. I thought this was all over. I can't go back to living like that :cry2:

We're all here for you :hugs:
I Hope everything is ok :smile:
You'll be in my thoughts too :hugs:

Original post by Airmed
From the high of my CPN being back to the lows of my mental health possibly already destroying my chances of getting a first class and I'm not even finished my first honours year :cry2:

Thankfully, my lecturer for this module is supportive, and is happy to get me a resit essay (if she can), provided I get medical evidence.

Aw no I'm so sorry to hear this :console:
Just look on the positive side and dont fret about it. I'm glad to hear you have a supportive lecturer! That must be a nice thing to have :smile:
But we're all here for you Airmed!
You can defeat your illness!
Original post by FireFreezer77
We're all here for you :hugs:
I Hope everything is ok :smile:
You'll be in my thoughts too :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: Since the medication stopped working for me it's been really hard to deal with anything so it really makes the difference knowing you guys are here :grouphugs:

Thank you :heart:

Aw no I'm so sorry to hear this :console:
Just look on the positive side and dont fret about it. I'm glad to hear you have a supportive lecturer! That must be a nice thing to have :smile:
But we're all here for you Airmed!
You can defeat your illness!

It's not positive unless I get the resit and that is in no way guaranteed since I did not technically fail the essay, I just did absolutely woeful for my standard.

As for defeating...I never will. I just have to learn how to live with all of it, manage it.
I think I'm a bit overmedicated. :s-smilie: Wrote this last night before deciding it was too incoherent to post, but reading it over now, ****ing hell :/ I remember my wife told me to go to bed as I was slurring my words, then she had to help me up the stairs, and I fell asleep pretty much immediately.

I tike I'm pegrhaps a littlr ovr meficated. Too my nght meds 2 hlrs ago so I could get up,,mofe eask.t nf that seems to work but this new kne. I dom'y think they;fe flkng antrgibf. Eyes keeop cloding, head feels really jeavty. O thinkthr new drug in kicjing mt ass. vsn't even loo/ dhoulf really get so,e sleep .

I'm mostly ok during the day, but when I take my night meds I'm completely out of it. Not seeing my psychiatrist for another 3 weeks.
Original post by Sabertooth
I think I'm a bit overmedicated. :s-smilie: Wrote this last night before deciding it was too incoherent to post, but reading it over now, ****ing hell :/ I remember my wife told me to go to bed as I was slurring my words, then she had to help me up the stairs, and I fell asleep pretty much immediately.

I'm mostly ok during the day, but when I take my night meds I'm completely out of it. Not seeing my psychiatrist for another 3 weeks.

Saber, if I was you, I would see if you can get in to see your psychiatrist sooner. That's really not good, and I'm worried for you :hugs:
Thank you :hugs: Since the medication stopped working for me it's been really hard to deal with anything so it really makes the difference knowing you guys are here :grouphugs:

Thank you :heart:

No worries :hugs:
Aw no :console: Sort to hear that, hopefully you can find something that works soon :smile:
Aw, we're always here for you :smile:

No worries :heart:

Original post by Airmed
It's not positive unless I get the resit and that is in no way guaranteed since I did not technically fail the essay, I just did absolutely woeful for my standard.

As for defeating...I never will. I just have to learn how to live with all of it, manage it.

I know I know. What I meant what try to stay positive now, you dont know the outcome so just try to look at it positively (sorry, I should've been clearer).

You dont know that, there may be a cure in the future. You just have to live with it as you said. It won't be easy but you can do it!
We're here if you need anyone to vent to :smile:
No worries :hugs:
Aw no :console: Sort to hear that, hopefully you can find something that works soon :smile:
Aw, we're always here for you :smile:

No worries :heart:

Hopefully. They doubled it and put me on another, so in a few weeks hopefully I'll start to see the difference. I'm seeing the doctor again on Thursday as well :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Saber, if I was you, I would see if you can get in to see your psychiatrist sooner. That's really not good, and I'm worried for you :hugs:

Yeah, I was thinking that. I don't know why he thought that 3 antipsychotics would be a good idea. :confused:
Hopefully. They doubled it and put me on another, so in a few weeks hopefully I'll start to see the difference. I'm seeing the doctor again on Thursday as well :hugs:

Indeed! :smile:
Ah excellent! Yeah it will take a little time to kick in but hopefully you'll start to see improvements soon :smile:
Aw, hope it goes well for you :smile:
:hugs:
Yeah, I was thinking that. I don't know why he thought that 3 antipsychotics would be a good idea. :confused:

That's pretty insane, ngl.
Had a **** in MH terms.
Just won't go away, its always pestering me!
My medication isn't working anymore and I'm slipping back into a bad place. I really dont want to go back there but I'm headed that way :frown:
Not even therapists seem to help nowadays, idk what to do anymore.
I just cant shake it, no matter what I do :/
Original post by Airmed
That's pretty insane, ngl.

Tell me about it. :sigh:

I think if he opened up my skull and hit my brain with a crowbar a few hundred times it would have the same effect.

Hopefully they'll let you redo the essay. :crossedf:
Had a **** in MH terms.
My medication isn't working anymore and I'm slipping back into a bad place. I really dont want to go back there but I'm headed that way :frown:

Have you seen your doc about the medication not working?
Tell me about it. :sigh:

I think if he opened up my skull and hit my brain with a crowbar a few hundred times it would have the same effect.

Hopefully they'll let you redo the essay. :crossedf:

Thank you :hugs: Really bloody panicking right now
Had a **** in MH terms.

Definitely get back to the doctor if you haven't already. It might just be a case of the dosage not being quite right, or needing a different one :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Thank you :hugs: Really bloody panicking right now

Have you considered talking to your uni's student welfare officer? They can argue on your behalf and along with a medical note that might help. How close are you to the lecturer in question, if she's happy for you to redo it she can also help support you - like she knows your performance in other essays and how this one is such an anomaly.
Have you seen your doc about the medication not working?

Well I saw them around a month ago to check if they were working. They were then but now they dont seem to do anything.
I go back in January for another review so ill request a dosage increase then.

Just saw your post too, hope you feel ok now :smile:
That id a lot of meds to be on and I Hope your psychiatrist can help with that :smile:
But I Hope you're feeling better now :hugs:
Have you considered talking to your uni's student welfare officer? They can argue on your behalf and along with a medical note that might help. How close are you to the lecturer in question, if she's happy for you to redo it she can also help support you - like she knows your performance in other essays and how this one is such an anomaly.

I plan to. Just worrying because the School might deny me it :cry:
Original post by Airmed
From the high of my CPN being back to the lows of my mental health possibly already destroying my chances of getting a first class and I'm not even finished my first honours year :cry2:

Thankfully, my lecturer for this module is supportive, and is happy to get me a resit essay (if she can), provided I get medical evidence.

I hope she manages to do so. Although if you don't get a first class it's not the end of the world. I graduated with a 2.2 because of mental health problems and am now studying my MSc and appliyng for PhDs! Stress and putting pressure on yourself too much isn't healthy.

Saber, that's not good. Could you ask to see the psych sooner?
Definitely get back to the doctor if you haven't already. It might just be a case of the dosage not being quite right, or needing a different one :hugs:

I do have an appointment after Christmas. I'll see if I can stick it out until then, but if not ill go sooner.
Maybe, tbh these meds aren't as effective as my last ones. But I can stay awake on these which is why I'm on them.
But yeah thankyou :smile:

Latest