The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Probably. Don't think MS has started interviewing yet either.
Original post by RWiz
Probably. Don't think MS has started interviewing yet either.

Hope so, because I heard nothing...
Original post by usualsuspects
Is there anyone else who got an offer from BAML? I haven't heard back since applying 3 weeks ago.

Have you interviewed?
Original post by Goldfly
Have you interviewed?

No, I applied 3 weeks ago and did the test (which in my opinion went well), but status is still "we look forward to reviewing your application". Other people say they got interviews and one guy says he has an offer.
Original post by usualsuspects
No, I applied 3 weeks ago and did the test (which in my opinion went well), but status is still "we look forward to reviewing your application". Other people say they got interviews and one guy says he has an offer.

I've had my interview - I think you'll hear back from them soon.
Original post by Goldfly
I've had my interview - I think you'll hear back from them soon.

Thanks for being positive, lets see if you are right...
Hope it went well!
Did someone manage to solve the problem which prevents you from adding the cover letter to Citi and completing your application? Shall I write to support?
Original post by Trader07
I am from a target school, so there were a lot of networking events on-campus, where I talked with MDs from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Citi for example and I also had informal phone interviews later with them. That is really a great opportunity to learn a lot and to understand the industry better. It´s also nice to mention that in your cover letter later on. I also had an informal interview with an analyst from Morgan Stanley, after asking him over linkedIn. So it´s also possible for non-targets.

The best thing to do is really reaching out to some alumni. Most of them will be happy to help you.

So effectivley connect with people on LinkedIn who are traders but also financial graduates (alumni) from your university?
Original post by bobb99998
I agree. I can't stress enough the importance of networking.

If im not in a target university how am i supposed to network with these kinds of people?
Does anyone Knows how much time do GS, JP, Deustsche and MorganStanley to reject? the only I know that rejected me within 6 hours is PWC(one of the big 4 in consulting and accounting)
Original post by BGUK19
If im not in a target university how am i supposed to network with these kinds of people?

I'm at an Italian target (Bocconi). They organised several events (like two CS evenings) to meet their bankers. There were 4 days of presentations on campus. Look for people at your uni who had summer/spring internships last year. Find them at events, on linkedin or better through finance clubs. Also relatives, family friends or friends of friends. If you have no ibanker/trader, anyone who works in finance can put you in contact with friends at BBs.

Nothing at all at your uni?
If not, I wouldn't worry too much. In my situation I don't think networking was particularly necessary, it may come to use for later (SA, FT) though. Half the bankers I met were not from London but Milan, and I only talked to few seniors (although one was head of Italy for a BB). Some of them remember my face, others surely don't. None is going to push forward my application (leave that for NY and family connections). Talking with them was useful in general to understand more about the bank, to get a feeling of the culture, of different career paths, of the job, etc. Very interesting, perhaps good to write on a CL, but not much more than that. Yet as I said, I named dropped in every application. Maybe it was useless. I can't speak for sure until I have an offer.
Guys.. Just a quick question regarding Barclays application process.

In your opinion, what weighs higher in terms of giving sending out an offer from Barclays.. Your video interview performance or your strength of your CV on the application form?

Many thanks..
Reply 1712
Original post by Aran2121

In your opinion, what weighs higher in terms of giving sending out an offer from Barclays.. Your video interview performance or your strength of your CV on the application form?

Many thanks..

It seems like it is the interview.
Original post by Aran2121

Many thanks..

Original post by RWiz
It seems like it is the interview.

I haven't heard anything back yet, and i haven't been declined on my application so i don't know if thats good or bad :/
Anyone who applied to Citi get any emails asking to fill out additional forms about background etc?
Original post by RWiz
I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.

Happens every year, in every thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1716
Are there examples of sjt question you can get for spring week?
Original post by Princepieman
Happens every year, in every thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by RWiz
I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.

Yea i have offers and interviews from CS, GS, JP, BAML... Honest.. :wink:
Original post by BGUK19
Anyone who applied to Citi get any emails asking to fill out additional forms about background etc?

I did, this completed my application. However, I didn't upload a cover letter, which was strange because their HR lady told me at an on campus event that they required it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Did the Blackrock deadline already pass or has it not opened yet??

Latest

Trending

Trending