The Student Room Group

Economics or Accounting??

Hi there,
I just started off with my alevels and at the moment I am doing Physics Maths and Economics.
I am an international student as I came to the Uk in year 10. Therefore, I was only able to do 10 GCSE'S and got 2A* 4A and 2Bs.
If i can pull off a prediction of 2 A*s and 1A or 3 A*s..what are my chances of getting into my top 5 which are as followed:-
•LSE-economics
•Warwick-economics
•UCL-economics
•LSE-accounting
•Durham-economics

Also let me know what cud i also do to increase my chances
LSE are very particular about their PSs. You are likely to get rejected with a PS talking about economics I'm afraid
Reply 2
You will get rejected by LSE if your personal statement is not about accounting.
Reply 3
Original post by *Interrobang*
LSE are very particular about their PSs. You are likely to get rejected with a PS talking about economics I'm afraid

yeah but what if I donot apply for accounting at all and only apply for economics
Original post by Kim-JongUn
Hi there,
I just started off with my alevels and at the moment I am doing Physics Maths and Economics.
I am an international student as I came to the Uk in year 10. Therefore, I was only able to do 10 GCSE'S and got 2A* 4A and 2Bs.
If i can pull off a prediction of 2 A*s and 1A or 3 A*s..what are my chances of getting into my top 5 which are as followed:-
•LSE-economics
•Warwick-economics
•UCL-economics
•LSE-accounting
•Durham-economics

Also let me know what cud i also do to increase my chances

How to increase your chances.... do 5 A-levels.
Accounting
Statistics
More Maths quals
Computer Science
I'm not an economics person, so I don't know the ins and outs of the requirements for the unis - only knowledge of PSs
Reply 6
Original post by Maths is Life
How to increase your chances.... do 5 A-levels.
Accounting
Statistics
More Maths quals
Computer Science

5!!!

Raaaaah isnt that a bit too much..
5!!!

Raaaaah isnt that a bit too much..

I regret taking 3 - I feel sooo lazy...
Reply 8
I regret taking 3 - I feel sooo lazy...

lol why don't you do them privately
lol why don't you do them privately

it's ALOT of effort with the exam centre and is pointless if you're enrolled at a sixth form/college.
Reply 10
it's ALOT of effort with the exam centre and is pointless if you're enrolled at a sixth form/college.

So true,,, I wanted to do further Maths privately but its so much effort I literally cba..
So true,,, I wanted to do further Maths privately but its so much effort I literally cba..

It isn't. Your offers can be reduced with FM.

You could do AS FM now, would just be FP1 and 2 applied units, if you have done FM GCSE this shouldn't be alien.

What are you currently doing privately?
Your offers can be reduced with FM.

Where have you seen this?...
Reply 13
It isn't. Your offers can be reduced with FM.

You could do AS FM now, would just be FP1 and 2 applied units, if you have done FM GCSE this shouldn't be alien.

What are you currently doing privately?

i am not doing anything right now but I was planning to do it but I dont know if ishould do it or not.
Original post by Ze Witcher
Where have you seen this?...

The internet is a wonderful thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending