The Student Room Group

long residence - student loan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by choco_muncher
DUDE! If the advisor told you he was going to do a PT2 referral, he has done the wrong thing, your application should have gone to pre-asessment, if I were you I would ring up ASAP. All residency referrals must go to pre-asesssment.

My online application has now changed form "Not eligible" to "Application submitted"
I called today and was told that all my evidence has been accept and they have sent mine details to the Home office for some check
once thats been done my application should be approved.
Anyone had a similar situation ?
Reply 21
Original post by shyam patel
My online application has now changed form "Not eligible" to "Application submitted"
I called today and was told that all my evidence has been accept and they have sent mine details to the Home office for some check
once thats been done my application should be approved.
Anyone had a similar situation ?

Thats a good sign, thats what happened with me too..it stayed as 'application submitted' for a while but I always called to check up on the progress and kept checking my online account. I think they checked my details with home office too that might be why it took a while.

Have you started at uni and if yeah which one are you at
Original post by SR2596
Thats a good sign, thats what happened with me too..it stayed as 'application submitted' for a while but I always called to check up on the progress and kept checking my online account. I think they checked my details with home office too that might be why it took a while.

Have you started at uni and if yeah which one are you at

Hey!
I started at University of Leicester on the 26th of September!
how long did it take roughly once it said "Application submitted" for it to be approved?
Reply 23
Hey!
I started at University of Leicester on the 26th of September!
how long did it take roughly once it said "Application submitted" for it to be approved?

Thats good, have you been fully enrolled? I thought I was but then the uni said that I was an overseas student and I had to do a questionnaire and I'd have to apply next year...was soooo stressed bcus i had already been approved by SFE so didn't know what was going to happen but then luckily they had updated their policy for long residency students too so it was all alright. Think the lady I spoke to wasn't too clear on the policy thats why she was saying I would have to apply next year instead.

Mine stayed as application submitted from July until about the week before starting uni, hopefully yours won't be like that for too long.
Original post by SR2596
Thats good, have you been fully enrolled? I thought I was but then the uni said that I was an overseas student and I had to do a questionnaire and I'd have to apply next year...was soooo stressed bcus i had already been approved by SFE so didn't know what was going to happen but then luckily they had updated their policy for long residency students too so it was all alright. Think the lady I spoke to wasn't too clear on the policy thats why she was saying I would have to apply next year instead.

Mine stayed as application submitted from July until about the week before starting uni, hopefully yours won't be like that for too long.

Yes i have been fully enrolled.I told Leicester about my situation and they said i don't need to worry about it, they will chase student finance if they cause delays
Reply 25
Original post by SR2596
Same, sometimes they would ask for the same evidence that I had already sent in. The person I spoke to today said hopefully it should take 3 working days to process the last piece of evidence (a signature). It is annoying though because I already sent it but when I called to check if it had been received I was told it might have been lost in the mail because it wasn't received ??? but I sent it again and had to call again to check on it because they didn't text/email like they usually do to let you know that it's been received. I start the 23rd..i'm so stressed about all of this

Hi, I'm currently going through this stressful period and was wondering, was that last piece of evidence they'd asked you for a written signed letter from yourself, confirming the adddresses you lived at for a certain time period?
Original post by CCMI1928
Hi, I'm currently going through this stressful period and was wondering, was that last piece of evidence they'd asked you for a written signed letter from yourself, confirming the adddresses you lived at for a certain time period?

Hey!
No, the last piece of evidence i had sent was a letter from my sixth form confirming my attendance between 2014 and 2016.

My application still says "Submitted"
but my home office checks came back all good and they said they are just processing it now.
does this mean my loan has been approved ?
Reply 27
Hey!
No, the last piece of evidence i had sent was a letter from my sixth form confirming my attendance between 2014 and 2016.

My application still says "Submitted"
but my home office checks came back all good and they said they are just processing it now.
does this mean my loan has been approved ?

Hopefully it should be, mine is still on unelligable :frown:
Hopefully it should be, mine is still on unelligable :frown:

have they sent your documents to the home office?
what do they require from you?
Reply 29
have they sent your documents to the home office?
what do they require from you?

The last bit of evidence they asked from me was a written letter from myself confirming dates I've lived at a a certain address, I've sent all the other evidence that they've asked for and waiting for a decision since July :/ it's ridiculous how slow they take things... I rang the student finance complaints number and they said it should be assessed in 3 days
Reply 30
The last bit of evidence they asked from me was a written letter from myself confirming dates I've lived at a a certain address, I've sent all the other evidence that they've asked for and waiting for a decision since July :/ it's ridiculous how slow they take things... I rang the student finance complaints number and they said it should be assessed in 3 days

Yeah they said that my documents have been sent to the home office a while ago
Yeah they said that my documents have been sent to the home office a while ago

has your documents still not come back from home office? because mine was sent on the 6th of October and it came back on 4 days ago i think
Reply 32
has your documents still not come back from home office? because mine was sent on the 6th of October and it came back on 4 days ago i think

Student finance aren't telling anything, it's worrying because tuition fees are due on the 25th November
Student finance aren't telling anything, it's worrying because tuition fees are due on the 25th November

Have they officially accepted your evidence?
Reply 34
Original post by Shado123
Have they officially accepted your evidence?

No they haven't
No they haven't

Have they said they are going to contact the home office to verify your details?
If your at the stage where they are talking to home office or verifying with the home office, it essentially means they have accepted the evidence you have sent them
Reply 36
Original post by Shado123
Have they said they are going to contact the home office to verify your details?
If your at the stage where they are talking to home office or verifying with the home office, it essentially means they have accepted the evidence you have sent them

Yeah they've said to me that they're doing that
Reply 37
Yeah they've said to me that they're doing that

For me the last few pieces of evidence they asked for was a list of my previous addresses which I had already sent in before and a signature on the declaration form, the whole process took so long but I was approved a week before I was due to start uni. If you've sent in all the evidence that they've asked for and it's been accepted its only a matter of time before your application is approved
Original post by SR2596
For me the last few pieces of evidence they asked for was a list of my previous addresses which I had already sent in before and a signature on the declaration form, the whole process took so long but I was approved a week before I was due to start uni. If you've sent in all the evidence that they've asked for and it's been accepted its only a matter of time before your application is approved

Im going to be making my application for 2017, in february so im trying to get everything possibly prepared.
What exactly are they requesting regarding the list?
Do they want to know previous address and how long you were at each address?
Any insight would be tremendously helpful
Home office checks are currently taking over 8 weeks by the way (It's usually around 8 working days but now there is a huge backlog) so if your in a position of waiting for the home office check to be completed don't expect anything for a long time

Student finance aren't telling anything, it's worrying because tuition fees aren't due on the 25th November
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending