The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence

Who goes to this skl? is it good?
Reply 1
i went to the open day and it seems pretty good
Reply 2
I went also on the 2nd Nov it seems really good just don't know if i could get in
Original post by nimofff
Who goes to this skl? is it good?

I used to go there, but left as i didn't like it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Blaze3211
I used to go there, but left as i didn't like it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
How's the teaching?
And what didn't u like ,it seems really good in terms of results
Reply 5
Original post by nimofff
I went also on the 2nd Nov it seems really good just don't know if i could get in

went same day :tongue:
Original post by nimofff
How's the teaching?
And what didn't u like ,it seems really good in terms of results

I left mainly because I think the maths teaching is quite poor, however they have some good chemistry teachers and the economics department isn't bad either. It depends on the subjects but I think their best teachers are humanity based. Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 7
I went there in yr 12, then left.

The day starts at 8.20, much earlier than many other sixth-forms.
There are detentions after school and on Saturday.
There are a lot of extra-curricular activities you must attend, so you will not get any free periods in the first year.

On the positive note, some of the teacher were great, especially in the chemistry and psychology department. Maths is also good.
(edited 7 years ago)
I go to sister school, Brighton College. Have been to LAE and have done exchange with pupils, both going there and them coming here. Teachers can be strict, as a lot from BC go up to LAE each week but from experience they can rly change you academic progress from averaging B-C grades to A-A* grades. Psych department especially good.
Hi, I was thinking of joining the school but now I'm not really sure. I like a school with a bit of fun too. Do they do any 'fun' things? (Such as a prom for example) or are they a serious school
Original post by poopy_jupi
Hi, I was thinking of joining the school but now I'm not really sure. I like a school with a bit of fun too. Do they do any 'fun' things? (Such as a prom for example) or are they a serious school

Hi I go to LAE, they defy do some fun stuff n we do have prom, I think it's up to you how serious you make it by what you pick for clubs and sports, like you can pick Chem club or to do something fun like debating or psychology and film, same with Spirts really. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest