The Student Room Group

Muslim child reported to police for 'bullet' which was just piece of brass

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akbar0123
Absolutely disgusting, if a non-Muslim did this the teachers would probably laugh it off or just call his parents, the problem is that they targeted him specifically because he is a Muslim.

and your evidence for this ?

or is that a fried potato product situated in the supra-clavicular region ?
Original post by Lost Her Way
This isn't Syria where AK's go for $100, this is England where most city kids have never seen a gun and we have police on every corner. The UK is safer than anywhere.

The kid told everyone it was a bullet for God's sake. He had every reason to be reported.
Ok so the main issue got cleared up in the first 3 posts but like...

wtf is a kid meant to do with just a bullet and no gun?
Reply 43
This isn't Syria where AK's go for $100, this is England where most city kids have never seen a gun and we have police on every corner. The UK is safer than anywhere.

Who built the establishment?

A Muslim surgeon says it when they save lives performing an operation but you choose to only see the bad because it's what you want.

Maybe if they engaged their brains rather than using generalisations and set procedure they would come to more correct conclusions. Back in the old days White people were respected like shoot from the hip, now its check boxes and don't walk on the grass.
This all might make sense when you hear it inside your head, but it certainly doesn't travel well. Could you have another go please?
Thanks.
Reply 44
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I think the issue was more "where did he get it from, and why is he saying that his cousin has used a gun" kinda thing.
Original post by QE2
This all might make sense when you hear it inside your head, but it certainly doesn't travel well. Could you have another go please?
Thanks.

The context matters, a kid is not going to have a gun here.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, people fear it because by far the most common scenario people know about is when terrorists say it. I still don't know how you can't see your blatant hypocrisy regarding generalising.

Which shows how ignorant most people are.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
The kid told everyone it was a bullet for God's sake. He had every reason to be reported.

If he said he was a knight and he was going to go slay a dragon would you believe him?
Original post by QE2
I think the issue was more "where did he get it from, and why is he saying that his cousin has used a gun" kinda thing.

Ah yeah that's fair. I didn't really read the article properly tbh
I agree that he shouldn't play around like that. Almost like he did it, to get arrested, just so he could cry Islamophobia. Now that's disgusting!

Absolutely the right decision considering he was saying it's a bullet. This culture of avoiding criticism of Muslims at all costs is getting beyond absurd now.

I agree but this is kinda rich coming from the guy who always says "Islam=/=Muslims" lol
Original post by 0to100
I agree that he shouldn't play around like that. Almost like he did it, to get arrested, just so he could cry Islamophobia. Now that's disgusting!

I agree but this is kinda rich coming from the guy who always says "Islam=/=Muslims" lol

What's rich? How does saying that a lot people are actively avoiding criticising Muslims for fear of being branded islamophobes, racists etc got anything to do with stating that's Islam =/= Muslims? :lolwut:
Bare cowards in this thread.

No cowards.

Just small-minded catastrophes trying to shift conversations and justify the actions of the kid mentioned by the OP (even though the kid was in the wrong and the consequences appropriate).

If he said he was a knight and he was going to go slay a dragon would you believe him?

Terrible comparison. Dragons don't exist. Terrorism is a huge problem atm and is very much real.
What's rich? How does saying that a lot people are actively avoiding criticising Muslims for fear of being branded islamophobes, racists etc got anything to do with stating that's Islam =/= Muslims? :lolwut:

because it's a total 180?

do you want people to criticise Muslims or not?
Original post by 0to100
because it's a total 180?

do you want people to criticise Muslims or not?

It's not. I am merely stating that many people fear doing so. I have never said that Muslims who do inappropriate things shouldn't be criticised.

Maybe you've never been in a fight before but when people leave bullets laying around that means beef and next time they see you they're gonna shoot...
It's not. I am merely stating that many people fear doing so. I have never said that Muslims who do inappropriate things shouldn't be criticised.

I mean it literally is a 180. You can get aggressive if you want to but you can't go around being politically correct for social favour memeing people with "Islam=/=Muslims" and then being indignant that no one wants to criticise Muslims. :confused:
I don't get why this thread is still on going. I'm a Muslim and I think what the kid did was wrong. Regardless of his religion, if any kid did something like this, wouldn't you expect this kind of result? I still think that the police would've been involved anyway. Why are we making this an issue of islamophobia? The kid did a dumb thing, the authorities were called, rightly so. End of story.
Original post by 0to100
Maybe you've never been in a fight before but when people leave bullets laying around that means beef

Explains all the ammunition available at the local butchers...
Original post by Saba XD
I don't get why this thread is still on going. I'm a Muslim and I think what the kid did was wrong. Regardless of his religion, if any kid did something like this, wouldn't you expect this kind of result? I still think that the police would've been involved anyway. Why are we making this an issue of islamophobia? The kid did a dumb thing, the authorities were called, rightly so. End of story.

Well said Saba
Original post by 0to100
I mean it literally is a 180. You can get aggressive if you want to but you can't go around being politically correct for social favour memeing people with "Islam=/=Muslims" and then being indignant that no one wants to criticise Muslims. :confused:

How is saying Islam =/= Muslims politically correct? It's fact and anyone who reads my posts knows I'm anything but politically correct.

I don't follow your logic. Anyone who does anything inappropriate should be criticised, be they Muslim or non-Muslim. My point is that many people fear criticising Muslims for doing certain things because they're scared of how they'll be labelled, whereas they'd have no problem criticising non-Muslims for doing the same thing.
Explains all the ammunition available at the local butchers...

lol whattt

I just mean, have you never had someone leave bullets or shells on your doorstep or thru your letterbox? It means proceed with caution basically. :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending