The Student Room Group

I got 1/50 in girls maths Olympiad. AMA

Scroll to see replies

lol

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by the bear
have a sweet to cheer you up. 6 are orange, the rest are yellow.

in fact have two.

:ahee:

How kind of you, I shall take 2 of the orange sweets
Do you prefer pigeons or seagulls?
Original post by rb16
How kind of you, I shall take 2 of the orange sweets

what was the chance of that happening ?

:eek:
Reply 24
Original post by surina16
lol

Spoiler

Go us ><
Reply 25
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
Do you prefer pigeons or seagulls?

I have been pooped on by pigeons countless times so for that reason seagulls
That's still one more mark than what I would have gotten..
Reply 27
Original post by the bear
what was the chance of that happening ?

:eek:

2/ 6orange sweets+Yellow sweets?

Pls don't hate me if that's wrong , you can already see my maths ability ain't that great
Original post by rb16
I'm doing a level maths so I guess the teacher thought that made me eligible to participate. The other girls who did it struggled too so it's not like I was the weakest link or anything and I would say our abilities were equally matched

Oh. It must have been amazing to participate though right? Didn't you take Further Maths?
I did the Intermediate Maths Olympiad last year, it was like 2 hours, so long. I should've brang a snack. If it was shorter I think I would've done better since I would be under more pressure and actually stay alert rather than being bored and taking my time.
Reply 30
Original post by Illimitable
Oh. It must have been amazing to participate though right? Didn't you take Further Maths?

Yeah I guess it was kind of, but it just felt like an exam to me so I wouldn't say amazing... and yeah I ended up taking further maths:0 how do you know this?
Reply 31
Original post by BobBobson
I did the Intermediate Maths Olympiad last year, it was like 2 hours, so long. I should've brang a snack. If it was shorter I think I would've done better since I would be under more pressure and actually stay alert rather than being bored and taking my time.

YES I AGREE, seriously after like an hour I just felt tired and less energetic so I couldn't really focus and yeah regrets on not taking a snack , I was starving
Original post by rb16
Yeah I guess it was kind of, but it just felt like an exam to me so I wouldn't say amazing... and yeah I ended up taking further maths:0 how do you know this?

I get what you mean. I'm not psychic haha, I was just asking that as a question.
Reply 33
Original post by Illimitable
I get what you mean. I'm not psychic haha, I was just asking that as a question.

Haha i would've believed you if you had said you were psychic
Original post by rb16
Haha i would've believed you if you had said you were psychic

I wish I was! :h:
are u a girl ?
Ohhhhhhh I thought you meant you came 1st place out of 50 competitors! lol
Did your school get told your results or were you emailed them (I remember being asked for my email address that's all). I sat it on the 11th and haven't heard anything at all about my result
You came first out of 50 people? Impressive.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
If you could do the Olympiad again, how would you prepare differently?

is ur avatar 'rurouni kenshin'?

Quick Reply

Latest