The Student Room Group

I don't know whether I should do medicine or not??

I don't have a clue what i wanna be in the future but I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths as a way of opening more options for me in the future. My parents want me to do Medicine or Dentistry and they keep on going on about it (since year 11) but I do not want to make the decision now and regret it in the future even though my parents will be happy with what I am doing. I feel that I will have no interest in that certain degree if I never saw interest at the beginning. Any Advice would help!!
just lift and get shredded
Reply 2
Why did you pick those A-levels? Which of them (or a combination of them) do you find most interesting? Don't force yourself down a certain path because of your parents wishes.
Original post by Want_To_Achieve
I don't have a clue what i wanna be in the future but I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths as a way of opening more options for me in the future. My parents want me to do Medicine or Dentistry and they keep on going on about it (since year 11) but I do not want to make the decision now and regret it in the future even though my parents will be happy with what I am doing. I feel that I will have no interest in that certain degree if I never saw interest at the beginning. Any Advice would help!!

What are you actually interested in? Pretend your parents had voiced no opinion whatsoever - left to your own devices what kind of job could you see yourself doing int he future?
Reply 4
Get some work experience srsly. I promise you that it'll clear all your doubts.

Quick Reply

Latest