The Student Room Group

How can I avoid someone who is interested in me but the feelings don't reciprocate?

---
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell them to go back to freak-factory
Just tell him that your not interested in him, it's a softer let down than rejecting him
Reply 3
Original post by AshEntropy
Tell them to go back to freak-factory

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 Nice one haha. But I'm stuck with them for the next month or two and since he's friends with the others, it's gonna be difficult for me to stay there if they all think I'm a *****. Like they're mates with me as well but you know how guys stick together and what not.
Reply 4
Original post by Demonlover1
Just tell him that your not interested in him, it's a softer let down than rejecting him

Isnt that the same as rejecting him?
How can I randomly throw that into a conversation as well. The guy is Trying to send me signals (that I don't want) but is being indirect about everything.
Reply 5
From a guy viewpoint, do not offer the "let's just be friends" option. Why are you lying to yourself? You don't really want him as a friend and he doesn't want you as a friend. You should just tell him the next time that you're not interested and leave it at that. If he insists that he'll drop you off or whatever just say that you can manage by yourself.

But don't be friends, it's going to be awkward for you and for him.
Original post by DabThruALevels
Isnt that the same as rejecting him?
How can I randomly throw that into a conversation as well. The guy is Trying to send me signals (that I don't want) but is being indirect about everything.

1st believe me there not the same in fact I wish that people had done that's to me and 2nd try's doing it signals to him.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
From a guy viewpoint, do not offer the "let's just be friends" option. Why are you lying to yourself? You don't really want him as a friend and he doesn't want you as a friend. You should just tell him the next time that you're not interested and leave it at that. If he insists that he'll drop you off or whatever just say that you can manage by yourself.

But don't be friends, it's going to be awkward for you and for him.

Fair enough but is there a way to avoid him altogether? Or what signals can I give to show that I'm not interested instead of being the horrible person to put him down? The situation is difficult seeing as I'm stuck with these people. Gosh I guess it's just awkward either way.
Reply 8
1st believe me there not the same in fact I wish that people had done that's to me and 2nd try's doing it signals to him.

Oka cool. Any ideas about what signals I can give back? (Without hurting the guys feelings or letting him know that I know he has a thing for me)
Reply 9
Fair enough but is there a way to avoid him altogether? Or what signals can I give to show that I'm not interested instead of being the horrible person to put him down? The situation is difficult seeing as I'm stuck with these people. Gosh I guess it's just awkward either way.

Ignore his signals, just brush them off and say "aww thanks" (typical friendzoning line) or something along those lines.
Original post by UWS
Ignore his signals, just brush them off and say "aww thanks" (typical friendzoning line) or something along those lines.

Wouldn't that seem like I'm stringing him along?
But I'll try it anyway, thank you for the help!
Reply 11
Wouldn't that seem like I'm stringing him along?
But I'll try it anyway, thank you for the help!

It's be nice, or be blunt (better option). You want to take the nice route so try it for now and if he still persists you'll have to be blunt.
Oka cool. Any ideas about what signals I can give back? (Without hurting the guys feelings or letting him know that I know he has a thing for me)

okay this is where I am useless as I don't really know what signals this guy has used but have you tryed saying that you dislike the things he likes?
Original post by UWS
It's be nice, or be blunt (better option). You want to take the nice route so try it for now and if he still persists you'll have to be blunt.

Okay I see what you're saying, thanks for that
There's nothing more tense than a turf war between two hard swinging crews. If somebody is moving into your territory, my advice is threefold.

1. Hit first
2. Hit hard
3. Headhunt. Ignore the low level guys, they're easily replaced, it's the crew boss you want. Kill him where he lives as a statement, oh and leave no male heirs. You don't wanna face some Count of Monte Cristo style revenge **** 30 years from now do ya.
okay this is where I am useless as I don't really know what signals this guy has used but have you tryed saying that you dislike the things he likes?

I have no idea what he likes coz I've been trying to stay away from having conversations with him. I just answer his questions and don't bother to ask back. Like when he asks "how many siblings you got?" "What school did you go to?" Blah blah. I mean I did try to say that I tend to avoid certain people and I basically described someone like him. Although he said "nah a lot of guys aren't like that". *sighs* worst thing is that he manages to find a way to sit with me coz the other guys make sure there's a spare seat next to me. I'm just gonna have to sit at the end and make that one girl in the programme sit with me (although she dislikes keys the dude as well)
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
There's nothing more tense than a turf war between two hard swinging crews. If somebody is moving into your territory, my advice is threefold.

1. Hit first
2. Hit hard
3. Headhunt. Ignore the low level guys, they're easily replaced, it's the crew boss you want. Kill him where he lives as a statement, oh and leave no male heirs. You don't wanna face some Count of Monte Cristo style revenge **** 30 years from now do ya.

Interesting advice 😂 Maybe I can hire you as a hitman or a bodyguard
Interesting advice 😂 Maybe I can hire you as a hitman or a bodyguard

Indeed you can. I have requirements though. I want 100,000,000 pancakes mailed to my front door followed by a trip to Disneyland. Then I will be your hitman.
Same answer to every one of these type of threads.
Tell them your not interested.
Its the easiest way to head this off, and will hopefully make it easier for them to deal with.
I think that you should try to listen to UWS advice because he seems to know what he's doing unlike me who has never been in this situations.

Quick Reply

Latest