The Student Room Group

How can I avoid someone who is interested in me but the feelings don't reciprocate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
Indeed you can. I have requirements though. I want 100,000,000 pancakes mailed to my front door followed by a trip to Disneyland. Then I will be your hitman.

Reasonable offer. But I'm down by one pancake. Will 99,999,999 of them do?
Original post by Demonlover1
I think that you should try to listen to UWS advice because he seems to know what he's doing unlike me who has never been in this situations.

Aww yeah, thanks for the help i appreciate it
Original post by DabThruALevels
So basically, I've joined this work programme thing and I met a lot of great people there. Only problem is that I've noticed one of the guys (let's call him Apples) has a thing for me. I wouldn't mind him as a friend but anything more than that? Nope, I'm not interested. One of the guys actually told me about the childish conversations Apples and the other guys had about girls and the game to play when you wanna get with one. He wouldn't say which specific girls they were talking about but he had a big smirk on his face and considering they've all just met a week or two ago, I'm sure they don't all know the same girls. Theres only me and one other girl in this programme, everyone else are guys. So you can imagine what it's like to be in a room full of people who have you as one of their engaging topics to bond over and also probably see you as a trophy to win in a game. Apples doesn't really acknowledge the other girl but he keeps on trying to chat to me - and some times you can just tell from the tone of a guys voice that he's into you. Also he keeps trying to drop me home after the end of the session and insists on seeming like a "gentleman" although I've already sensed he's a total douche who thinks he actually comes across as someone I'd be attracted to.

I've already gone to one of the group leaders and asked them to avoid putting him in the same group as me (because he keeps trying to sit with me and get in my group for everything and it's just annoying feeling trapped!). But I was wondering if anyone could tell me what else I could do to avoid the guy. Especially at the end when he follows me out and tries to drop me off. Btw I'm not afraid that he'll kidnap me or saink, I just don't want him to ask me out bc things will get way more awkward after I turn him down.

If the group leader wont do anything, then you cna make a complaint to his supervisor or organiser. Tell him you dont mind the course, but you dont see why you should be harassed.

You cna also go back to the job centre and explain to your work coach what is happening and you would like to be put in another class as its making you feel very uncomfortable. Hopefully they just move you or put you in another intake.

Obviously if you confront him , then as bullies do he will try and make it worse. If you have to have contact then just dont co operate and keep interactions to a minimum to avoid encouraging. never accpet a lift etc.
Reasonable offer. But I'm down by one pancake. Will 99,999,999 of them do?

No. But I'll let you off under one condition. Throw in a giant foam finger so I can slap some fools. Then I'll do your bidding.
Original post by 999tigger
If the group leader wont do anything, then you cna make a complaint to his supervisor or organiser. Tell him you dont mind the course, but you dont see why you should be harassed.

You cna also go back to the job centre and explain to your work coach what is happening and you would like to be put in another class as its making you feel very uncomfortable. Hopefully they just move you or put you in another intake.

Obviously if you confront him , then as bullies do he will try and make it worse. If you have to have contact then just dont co operate and keep interactions to a minimum to avoid encouraging. never accpet a lift etc.

I only just told the group leader today so we'll have to see how it goes. And yeah I shall minimise interactions. I just had an idea for the dropping off problem. I'm just gonna leave 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late and hope he doesn't wait around. He should get bored of me and move on to someone else in a jiffy!
No. But I'll let you off under one condition. Throw in a giant foam finger so I can slap some fools. Then I'll do your bidding.

I think boxing gloves will do more damage. Can I throw a couple of them into the offer? As long as you let me borrow them too.
I only just told the group leader today so we'll have to see how it goes. And yeah I shall minimise interactions. I just had an idea for the dropping off problem. I'm just gonna leave 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late and hope he doesn't wait around. He should get bored of me and move on to someone else in a jiffy!

How long is the course for? 2 weeks and his is the first? You must get a solution tomorrow and if not, then you need to contact the J Centre tomorrow lunchtime.
I think boxing gloves will do more damage. Can I throw a couple of them into the offer? As long as you let me borrow them too.

Fair enough. Then you and me are going head to head. Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed style. Don't sue me if suffer an aneurysm.
Quit the job and stay at home.
How long is the course for? 2 weeks and his is the first? You must get a solution tomorrow and if not, then you need to contact the J Centre tomorrow lunchtime.

Around 6 weeks! I wasn't referred to them by the job centre but I have been going there to get the JC off my back.
Fair enough. Then you and me are going head to head. Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed style. Don't sue me if suffer an aneurysm.

Challenge accepted! Although you're not going to be a great hitman once your ribs are broken. I say do the assigned job and then we'll play.
Original post by BeyondAnjem
Quit the job and stay at home.

Now we're talking!
Around 6 weeks! I wasn't referred to them by the job centre but I have been going there to get the JC off my back.

They should have someone like an equalities officer. the best thing is to get put in a different class, then he will soon forget about you. If they wont take it seriously make a complaint to the JC as they are the ones paying I assume?

I assume you also have to avoid him at lunchtime?
Hope it gets sorted post back here if you hit a snag.
Challenge accepted! Although you're not going to be a great hitman once your ribs are broken. I say do the assigned job and then we'll play.

Don't worry, my ribs are made of steel. And who said anything about playing? This is a battle to the death. I'd be scared of me if I were you. I know I'm scared of me. I'm also scared of cows, so don't bring any to the fight.
They should have someone like an equalities officer. the best thing is to get put in a different class, then he will soon forget about you. If they wont take it seriously make a complaint to the JC as they are the ones paying I assume?

I assume you also have to avoid him at lunchtime?
Hope it gets sorted post back here if you hit a snag.

Okay awesome stuff, thanks for all your help!
Don't worry, my ribs are made of steel. And who said anything about playing? This is a battle to the death. I'd be scared of me if I were you. I know I'm scared of me. I'm also scared of cows, so don't bring any to the fight.

Oh I see, cows are your kryptonite! Thank you so much for enlightening me as to what your weakness is. First mistake already. Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Oh I see, cows are your kryptonite! Thank you so much for enlightening me as to what your weakness is. First mistake already. Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Yup. It was intentional. Imma use my own worst enemy against you, my second second worst enemy. Or are you my friend now that I'm working for you? I'm so confused...
Yup. It was intentional. Imma use my own worst enemy against you, my second second worst enemy. Or are you my friend now that I'm working for you? I'm so confused...

What are they gonna do, spill milk all over me? Hehe I'll just make ice-cream out of it with the help of my cold heart 😈

Anyway I guess this sticky situation makes us frenemys? Nothing better than having a friend you can use as a punching bag.
What are they gonna do, spill milk all over me? Hehe I'll just make ice-cream out of it with the help of my cold heart 😈

Anyway I guess this sticky situation makes us frenemys? Nothing better than having a friend you can use as a punching bag.

You read my mind. I was gonna make ice-cream out of it as a means of distracting you. If you feel up to making a distraction against yourself, then by all means go ahead.

And yes, frenemies sounds reasonable. I'm gonna have fun beating the **** outta you. Ok, that was dark :redface:
You read my mind. I was gonna make ice-cream out of it as a means of distracting you. If you feel up to making a distraction against yourself, then by all means go ahead.

And yes, frenemies sounds reasonable. I'm gonna have fun beating the **** outta you. Ok, that was dark :redface:

Maybe i dont like ice cream. Maybe the ice cream is for you. And maybe i'll put poison in it too.

I'm gonna use the 'guys aren't allowed to hit girls' card for this one. I guess you have no choice but to be at the painful end of the fist mwahaha. (Dont worry, if you die, i'll resusitate you for the sake of our frenemyship)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending