The Student Room Group

Trump wins

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stargirl63
Trump is just a power hungry man. He thinks that running a country is the same way as running a business.

Let's face it, there are a lot of hidden racist people in the world - Brexit and Trump are the tip of the ice burg as people are now not afraid to voice their opinions. If the most powerful man in America is racist, so can they.

What a travesty this is, but I'm not surprised. Looks like fascism is on the rise
[video="youtube;48H34ukFe8g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g[/video]
Reply 43
Original post by drowzee
What a travesty this is, but I'm not surprised. Looks like fascism is on the rise

Do you know what fascism means?
Hey at least R.E.M is going to get a great deal from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
Original post by qtπ

Yes I do :indiff: Are you telling me the US isn't becoming more nationalistic and authoritarian? The Republican nominee just won the election, and the republicans are far more authoritarian than the democrats... Just look at their views on LGBTs and abortions.
(edited 7 years ago)
First Brexit, and now Amerexit. I think we can safely say that the average working class white is vehemently against the established elite.

While I understand that sentiment to a certain degree, it does not mean that the alternative MAD option is a better option. It could very well make things 100 times worse for them.
Original post by qtπ

She does, but I'm not sure you do.

Here's the meaning for you, Hun:

fascism ˈfaʃɪz(ə)m/ noun an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization. synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy, absolute rule, Nazism, rightism, militarism; etc :h:
Original post by Wōden
Please show us evidence of his racism?

You're kidding me right?

He wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, he wants no other Muslims to enter the country, he has constantly campaigned that immigration is the reason why Americans can’t get jobs (as opposed to the fact that they are unqualified). It's the most blatant act of racism and stereotyping we have seen. No other country is taking such extreme measures.
Reply 49
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

fascism ˈfaʃɪz(ə)m/ noun an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization. synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy, absolute rule, Nazism, rightism, militarism; etc :h:

How is it authoritarian/totalitarian/dictatorship when he won the vote fair and square :lol:

There isn't just one party. There isn't a totalitarian government. People chose him.
Original post by JordanL_
Stop feeling sorry for yourself, this is pathetic. I love how you think this is some big anti establishment move, as if Donald ****ing Trump is going to be the champion of the poor, or Rupert Murdoch's Brexit will bring your prosperity. You deserve everything you're going to get.

Well, it's basically just an anti establishment move. That is all it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52

This definition is way too simplistic.
Trump never said he would abolish democracy. There is no paramilitary group supporting Trump and he has no real party behind him.

Real Fascist party (Jobbik in Hungary):

Party members have uniforms and look like a military group, in ordered ranks. You don't have this with Trump. He is a populist demagogue, not a Fascist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by qtπ
How is it authoritarian/totalitarian/dictatorship when he won the vote fair and square :lol:

There isn't just one party. There isn't a totalitarian government. People chose him.

Nationalistic and Right-Wing, is he not?

Also, stop trolling. :smile:
Original post by drowzee
Yes I do :indiff: Are you telling me the US isn't becoming more nationalistic and authoritarian? The Republican nominee just won the election, and the republicans are far more authoritarian than the democrats... Just look at their views on LGBTs and abortions.

I agree with trump is nationalistic. But saying Republicans are authoritarian and Democrats arent is far to simply, and its simple narratives that the whole election was based on. What you are looking for is 'conservative'. Views on abortions are nothing to do with authoritarian views, its to do with ethics. The Republicans have a conservative view on ethics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
This definition is way too simplistic.
Trump never said he would abolish democracy. There is no paramilitary group supporting Trump and he has no real party behind him.

Real Fascist party (Jobbik in Hungary):

Party members have uniforms and look like a military group, in ordered ranks. You don't have this with Trump. He is a populist demagogue, not a Fascist.

Meh, I got it from Google.

Also, of course he would say that.
Reply 56
Nationalistic and Right-Wing, is he not?

Also, stop trolling. :smile:

Being nationalistic and right wing aren't the only criteria for being a fascist. Looks like you don't know the meaning afterall :toofunny:

Nice go to line of calling someone a troll when you get rekd and have no answer btw :lol:
Original post by qtπ
Being nationalistic and right wing aren't the only criteria for being a fascist. Looks like you don't know the meaning afterall :toofunny:

Nice go to line of calling someone a troll when you get rekd and have no answer btw :lol:

Yep, but they contribute don't they?

Nah, I saw your posts on other threads, child. :rofl:
Original post by Quantex
Like Brexit campaigners, Trump borrowed heavily from the SJW movement. His central narrative was one of manufactured victimhood, he puts a lot of emphasis on the need to build safe spaces (his fanciful wall) to protect fragile Americans, and he fully embraces post truth politics.

I'm amazed so many people fell for it.

Exactly

He has made white working class Americans feel like 'victims'.
It's just demagoguery at it's finest. I'm sure a lot of people will be surprised to find out he doesn't really care for them at all.
None of the things he promised that made them like him will actually be done because congress won't allow it.

At least for now Non American alt righters get to circle jerk and **** to their glorious victory over the evil liberals.
Reply 59
Meh, I got it from Google.

So you actually admit you didn't know the meaning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How embarrassing. "Political Ambassador" lmfao :rofl2:

Quick Reply