The Student Room Group

OCR A Level English Literature - does anybody have the June 2016 past paper?

Hi!

Does anybody have the June 2016 series for OCR English Lit? In particular I'm looking for the questions for:

Hamlet
A Streetcar Named Desire
Chrsitina Rossetti

Or if anybody has anymore specimen or past papers for this course, it would be great!

Thanks
You won't be able to find this paper on the internet as they aren't publicly released for a couple of years. However your teacher will be able to access them. Ask your teacher if you can have a copy, but bear in mind they may be keeping this as a mock exam for you.
Hey I did that exam last summer and did the Hamlet and Streetcar questions
Reply 3
Original post by OddFuturez
Hey I did that exam last summer and did the Hamlet and Streetcar questions

Do you briefly remember what the questions were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
You won't be able to find this paper on the internet as they aren't publicly released for a couple of years. However your teacher will be able to access them. Ask your teacher if you can have a copy, but bear in mind they may be keeping this as a mock exam for you.

I have asked him, but he's a bit of a knob when it comes to things like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in the same situation as you, we are the first cohort that will really be sitting this exam in the a-level style so past papers don't really exist, such a pain when it comes to practice and revision!
Original post by csutton
Do you briefly remember what the questions were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first Hamlet question was to do with Hamlet's delay in revenge/his procrastination( I don't know the exact wording but it was definitely to do with this), the second question was a Gertrude character question but I have no idea what it particularly asked because I didn't answer that one. One of the street car questions was to do with Stantley's masculinity and animalism. The other one which I answered was about Blanche, don't know exactly but it was really really easy
Reply 7
Original post by espicton98
I am in the same situation as you, we are the first cohort that will really be sitting this exam in the a-level style so past papers don't really exist, such a pain when it comes to practice and revision!

It is the most annoying thing in the world! However, for history, in the coursebook there's like practice exam questions throughout the book that I've jotted down and compiled a big list of example questions. This is slightly harder for Lit because I haven't really bought any revision guides, but it's just a thought!
Reply 8
The first Hamlet question was to do with Hamlet's delay in revenge/his procrastination( I don't know the exact wording but it was definitely to do with this), the second question was a Gertrude character question but I have no idea what it particularly asked because I didn't answer that one. One of the street car questions was to do with Stantley's masculinity and animalism. The other one which I answered was about Blanche, don't know exactly but it was really really easy

You really are a life saver, thank you so much!!
Original post by csutton
It is the most annoying thing in the world! However, for history, in the coursebook there's like practice exam questions throughout the book that I've jotted down and compiled a big list of example questions. This is slightly harder for Lit because I haven't really bought any revision guides, but it's just a thought!

Yeah i do history as well, are you with OCR for them too? isn't it ! I just try and emulate the style on the english specimen papers etc.. but where the questions are so open and divergent from one another it's hard to truly gage any idea of what could actually come up in the exam, nightmare :colonhash:
Original post by csutton
You really are a life saver, thank you so much!!

No problem!
Reply 11
Yeah i do history as well, are you with OCR for them too? isn't it ! I just try and emulate the style on the english specimen papers etc.. but where the questions are so open and divergent from one another it's hard to truly gage any idea of what could actually come up in the exam, nightmare :colonhash:

Edexcel unfortunately :frown: but yeah if there's one way I would describe it, it would be nightmare haha. Especially when I compare the amount of materials I have for my other subjects, Lit is just stressing me out to the Max Branning.

The new ocr history course is hard as fk,I've never got over 60% for any essay in any unit
Reply 13
The new ocr history course is hard as fk,I've never got over 60% for any essay in any unit

That's hard, man. I think what's hard abut Edexcel is that my teacher chose the worst topics. She chose Tudors, the Dutch Revolt and Witchcraft and there's literally no 20th century stuff.
Original post by csutton
That's hard, man. I think what's hard abut Edexcel is that my teacher chose the worst topics. She chose Tudors, the Dutch Revolt and Witchcraft and there's literally no 20th century stuff.

It's difficult haha, in history it's hard to write analytically, but I find Lit much easier once you know the assement objectives well.

Quick Reply

Latest