The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woah trumps doing well, maybe time to short GBP/USD
If you was quick to call, shorting the MXN/USD would've made you some bucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1742
Original post by Princepieman
I mean, you can already guess for most people.. It'll majority targets/semi-targets, good A-level grades and insight days (or not even any finance exp). Then a small amount of non-target folk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I especially believe target school is important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1743
Anyone else passed HSBC tests? How long do they take to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMZL
Anyone else passed HSBC tests? How long do they take to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I passed it a month ago. They have been writing me an email every 10 or so days to "reassure me that my application is still under review" and to "thank me for my patience".
Reply 1745
Original post by usualsuspects
I passed it a month ago. They have been writing me an email every 10 or so days to "reassure me that my application is still under review" and to "thank me for my patience".

I haven't received an email since finishing the second assessment. However, I just logged onto the portal and it says I've passed the second assessment. Not sure about the first one though ah.
Anyone still waiting for BAML post interview?
Reply 1747
Original post by usualsuspects

Ahh that's annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive heard that Barclays video interview is untimed. What does it look like? Im getting confused, planning to apply today.
Reply 1749
Original post by riko232
Ive heard that Barclays video interview is untimed. What does it look like? Im getting confused, planning to apply today.

It is timed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Based on the current climate in the UK and around the world, would it be better to work for an Investment Bank (JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley etc) or the Big Four ?

If Investment banking, which role/division would be best to enter and which one is the best in terms of prestige and job salary ?

If the Big Four, which role/division would be best to enter which one is the best in terms of prestige and job salary ?

I know this is a broad question but I am still quite new to this and I will be starting university next year so I'm gathering as much information as possible. I have already researched into the topic but would like to hear any professional opinions about the matter. I am also planning to study in the area of Economics, Business, Maths and Management at university. Thanks.
Out of the big 4 which of them have opened spring week? I know that PWC has already opened
Citi application is a ****ing mess.

I get two emails a day asking for me to "add information" that I've already added, yet still no option to add a cover letter.
Reply 1753
Original post by Danllo
Based on the current climate in the UK and around the world, would it be better to work for an Investment Bank (JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley etc) or the Big Four ?

If Investment banking, which role/division would be best to enter and which one is the best in terms of prestige and job salary ?

If the Big Four, which role/division would be best to enter which one is the best in terms of prestige and job salary ?

I know this is a broad question but I am still quite new to this and I will be starting university next year so I'm gathering as much information as possible. I have already researched into the topic but would like to hear any professional opinions about the matter. I am also planning to study in the area of Economics, Business, Maths and Management at university. Thanks.

If prestige and pay are what you care about, you shouldn't aim for either. Your goal would be to end up in a hedge fund or in private equity.
Could anyone give us any guidance on Bank of America phone interview? I will have it soon and just wondering how to prepare. Should I study bank values and history etc or is it just competencies? Any hard questions you struggled with? Any questions you remember? Thanks a lot
Reply 1755
Original post by BradyJeckin
Could anyone give us any guidance on Bank of America phone interview? I will have it soon and just wondering how to prepare. Should I study bank values and history etc or is it just competencies? Any hard questions you struggled with? Any questions you remember? Thanks a lot

When did you apply?
Original post by RWiz
If prestige and pay are what you care about, you shouldn't aim for either. Your goal would be to end up in a hedge fund or in private equity.

Can I ask you if you know which banksare offering insights on any of those two
Original post by Goldfly
Anyone still waiting for BAML post interview?

Yes
Reply 1758
Original post by martimc
Can I ask you if you know which banksare offering insights on any of those two

Blackstone has a 2 day insight program for women. I don't know if any hedge funds have spring weeks. Ask prince he probably knows it.
Original post by RWiz

Which is nigh on impossible (unless you get very lucky) without IB or top consulting experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending