The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Adult Nursing - Salford University - June 2017 Intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi all. I have a confirmed place for June 2017 intake 😃 Has anyone had any information regarding an open days ?
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
When u applied for the june intake, was u asked to send copies of i.d's for before ur interview i.e passport ? As i have just sent my passport for renewing and i am applying for uni in 3 days.
Original post by Candicet
Hi all. I have a confirmed place for June 2017 intake 😃 Has anyone had any information regarding an open days ?

How was ur interview ? Was their a group interview.
Reply 23
Original post by Zainab96
How was ur interview ? Was their a group interview.

I Think you had to bring ID to your interview. The interview process did include a group interview which was about 15-20 mins long
Reply 24
Has anyone submitted their BOSS application. I'm trying to fill it in but it doesn't have an option for the June intake.
Reply 25
Original post by t421384
Has anyone submitted their BOSS application. I'm trying to fill it in but it doesn't have an option for the June intake.

Scroll down on this page to see the table that has all the timelines for the application process: http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/4002.aspx I think the absolute earliest you would be able to apply would be after 3rd October 2016.This is for new non-medic/dental students who commence their course between January to may 2017 - it doesn't actually have a date which would apply to nursing students starting June 2017. For medic/dental students starting June 2017 their applications open 6th march 2017. But I would guess June 2017 comes under the earlier application date for nursing students so check again in about a months time and you should be able to access it.
Reply 26
Original post by t421384

I have been told it won't be open to submit for June intake until around Christmas time
Reply 27
Thank you so much Candicet and emiden90, this has been bothering me so much lately, i'm glad i have a bit of time till submitting the application.
Have u all got GCSE science? It states that GCSE science is required in the entry requirement and I've got Applied science, would really like to go to Salford university but apparently they only accept GCSE science ?
Anyone been offered a place for jan 2017

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nadsat.93
Hey, I got my place today!

wow what was the maths test like?
Reply 31
Original post by Zainab96
Have u all got GCSE science? It states that GCSE science is required in the entry requirement and I've got Applied science, would really like to go to Salford university but apparently they only accept GCSE science ?

I got a C in core science only and then failed additional science but I still go accepted. I'm sure you'll do fine, salford uni is very lenient in a lot of areas
What are the Salford maths test like ?
What are you aware of ?
Any websites ?
Topic recomedations ?
Original post by t421384
I got a C in core science only and then failed additional science but I still go accepted. I'm sure you'll do fine, salford uni is very lenient in a lot of areas

What are the Salford maths test like ? What are you aware of ? Any websites ? Topic recomedations ?
Reply 34
Original post by nafisa230
What are the Salford maths test like ? What are you aware of ? Any websites ? Topic recomedations ?

They're not bad, but even if you think an answer is wrong, write it in the answer box because that's what happened with me, i wrote the answer not having confidence but i still got an offer. Just learn your fractions, multiplication, division etc. Try BBC bite size, it's mostly year 7 and 8 stuff. The questions will be asked in terms of medication but it's very straight forward
Original post by t421384
They're not bad, but even if you think an answer is wrong, write it in the answer box because that's what happened with me, i wrote the answer not having confidence but i still got an offer. Just learn your fractions, multiplication, division etc. Try BBC bite size, it's mostly year 7 and 8 stuff. The questions will be asked in terms of medication but it's very straight forward

I'm really nervous I cant even explain not for the process the maths mainly year 7 and 8 thanks.
What about group interviews ?
Original post by nafisa230
I'm really nervous I cant even explain not for the process the maths mainly year 7 and 8 thanks.
What about group interviews ?

You have already been told that details of interviews aren't allowed to be discussed. There is a wealth of general nursing interview resources available online, including on TSR. Otherwise you just have to go in and think on your feet, just like everybody else.
Reply 37
I'm just about to apply for the june in take. Do you think it's too late?
I'm so stressing. I'm not sure if there are any other universities that offer a june intake
Reply 38
Original post by BethR_xx
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1745365175696226?ref=bookmarks If you have Facebook join this group :-) lots of 16/17 starters on it

I've tried joining but no response that I've been accepted to the group
Original post by t421384

Could you give advice on topics ?
I don't know what to look at what kind of topics ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending