The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Applicants 2017

I thought I would make a more up-to-date forum for the Human Sciences applicants for 2017 seeing as the most active one originated in 2008.

Which universities are you all applying to? Are you applying to courses other than Human Sciences? Any offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by violetetta
I thought I would make a more up-to-date forum for the Human Sciences applicants for 2017 seeing as the most active one originated in 2008.

Which universities are you all applying to? Are you applying to courses other than Human Sciences? Any offers yet?

Yay somebody finally did this! I was going to make a discussion if nobody did :smile:

University of Oxford, University College London, University of Exeter for Human Sciences

I also applied to St Andrews for Sustainable Development and Manchester for International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response :smile:

Do not have any offers yet :frown:

Edit: Offer from St Andrews, Interview from Manchester, Interview from Oxford

What are your choices?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Yay somebody finally did this! I was going to make a discussion if nobody did :smile:

University of Oxford, University College London, University of Exeter for Human Sciences

I also applied to St Andrews for Sustainable Development and Manchester for International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response :smile:

Do not have any offers yet :frown:

What are your choices?

I'm the person you were talking to on the UCL applicants discussion lol, you already know my story ahah :')

But for others:

Univeristy of Oxford, Univeristy College London, University of Exeter (Penryn) all for Human Sciences and the University of Toronto for Life Sciences.
Reply 3
Original post by violetetta

Hi! I have also applied for Oxford UCL and Exeter Human Sciences and also Health and Human Sciences at Durham and Anthropology at Bristol and so far I've got Bristol and Exeter.

How did you find the TSA? It went pretty terribly for me lol so I don't think I have much chance of an interview.
Original post by katie4xox
Hi! I have also applied for Oxford UCL and Exeter Human Sciences and also Health and Human Sciences at Durham and Anthropology at Bristol and so far I've got Bristol and Exeter.

How did you find the TSA? It went pretty terribly for me lol so I don't think I have much chance of an interview.

Yay another applicant :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask, when did you get your Exeter offer? I am still waiting for mine and I'm kinda nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I got mine about 4 weeks ago but it came around 3 weeks after I sent off my application, so you may have sent yours later than I did and that would be why. I'm sure yours is coming soon!!
I got mine about 4 weeks ago but it came around 3 weeks after I sent off my application, so you may have sent yours later than I did and that would be why. I'm sure yours is coming soon!!

It's been 4 weeks since I sent out my application but yeah I sent mine out later :smile: Thank you! Which college did you apply to for Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It's been 4 weeks since I sent out my application but yeah I sent mine out later :smile: Thank you! Which college did you apply to for Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! Magdalen what about you?
No problem! Magdalen what about you?

Omg same :biggrin: I visited a few years ago and loved it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg same :biggrin: I visited a few years ago and loved it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice!! Yeah it looks really lovely
Nice!! Yeah it looks really lovely

Here's hoping we both get an interview invite then :smile: good luck on your applications and keep us posted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's hoping we both get an interview invite then :smile: good luck on your applications and keep us posted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't fancy my chances but good luck and you too :smile:
I don't fancy my chances but good luck and you too :smile:

Quite honestly I think I bombed the essay for TSA so I don't fancy my chances either. My friend got rejected for law today which has not helped my confidence one bit. Lol Thank you, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Congratulations! Still waiting on an offer fro exeter, but I recieved an offer from UCL a week ago :smile:

TSA essay was awful I think, so we'll just have to wait and see. Also, I've applied to Keble college :biggrin:
Hiya!
Has anyone heard anything from Durham ?
I've applied to Oxford Exeter and ucl for human sciences, Durham for health and human sciences and St. Andrews for psychology and social anthrapology!
Nope thought it was just me
Original post by DangerDolan
Nope thought it was just me

?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite honestly I think I bombed the essay for TSA so I don't fancy my chances either. My friend got rejected for law today which has not helped my confidence one bit. Lol Thank you, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I crashed the essay on the TSA wolfmoon - even with being dyslexic it was my stronger area building up to the exam, but on the day I just didn't like any of the titles presented and my brain just decided to go on shutdown. I think I still had a minute to go when I decided that there was nothing I could do to remedy the situation. Ah well!
Original post by forestmist82
I crashed the essay on the TSA wolfmoon - even with being dyslexic it was my stronger area building up to the exam, but on the day I just didn't like any of the titles presented and my brain just decided to go on shutdown. I think I still had a minute to go when I decided that there was nothing I could do to remedy the situation. Ah well!

I realised halfway that I chose the wrong topic but it was too late to change it :tongue: wtvs we'll know by the end of the week or early next week :smile: fingers crossed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending