The Student Room Group

Muslim child reported to police for 'bullet' which was just piece of brass

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by 0to100
Anyway like I said before my opinion is this:

he shouldn't have said it or pretended he had a bullet, just so he can cry "Islamophobia" after, end of.
I'm not sure the kid did it with the intention of crying Islamophobia. It was just other people jumping on to a perfectly innocent and reasonable event in order to get socio-political milage.
Reply 81
Original post by 0to100
Exactly. You only came back because he whiteknighted for you which is cute on both your parts. Like aren't you an adult, you don't really need to buddy up with the 1st person who quotes me to get your point across do you?
If I see someone making fallacious assertions, I will let them know. You are not the first and you certainly won't be the last.
Don't cry about it, try presenting a cogent argument.
Or I guess you could just tell people to clear off. That might work.
Reply 82
Original post by Cherub012
Yeah sure. I was referring to the bit where you said: "You can't condemn all Muslims for condoning domestic violence."

Why not?
Because there are undoubtedly some Muslims who condemn domestic violence. You can't generalise and condemn them all just because it is in the Quran, because some may reject the idea, and some may be unaware of it, or whatever. You can only condemn them if they explicitly state that everything in the Quran is perfect, unchangeable...etc, etc. with full knowledge of its content.
Original post by WrenLazarus
My muslim friend (whom is white) was reported, because she became muslim.

*Who. Your friend is the object.
Original post by Reality Check
*Who. Your friend is the object.

Ever so sorry.
Original post by mackemforever
The kid was telling people it was a bullet. Regardless of whether or not it was the fact of the matter is that somebody needed to make it clear to him that even messing around saying things like that isn't acceptable, and that message coming from the police might mean more than it would coming from a teacher.

a kid once told me they saw a UFO, therefore i believed them
Ever so sorry.

disgraceful lack of grammar young lady:rofl::rofl:

first world issues amiright?
Original post by sfaraj
disgraceful lack of grammar young lady:rofl::rofl:

first world issues amiright?

Says the one not using punctuation, or capital letters.. :h:

And it appears so.
Says the one not using punctuation, or capital letters.. :h:

And it appears so.

Apologies,

Does this check all the SPaG boxes?

:smile::smile:

Yup, SPaG is way more important than the fact WW3 is like 5 days away.

#KanyeforPresident2020

Spoiler

Original post by sfaraj
Apologies,

Does this check all the SPaG boxes?

:smile::smile:

Yup, SPaG is way more important than the fact WW3 is like 5 days away.

#KanyeforPresident2020

Spoiler

As always.
Original post by sfaraj

You are a Muslim and you think the possibility of gods existing is more plausible than someone being a terrorist.
Funny.
Reply 91
It seems like some posters on here are trying to make it an issue regarding Islamophobia, when its clear its just a stupid prank by a certain individual.
Reply 92
Original post by sfaraj
Someone told you that an undetectable, supernatural being created the universe from nothing, and decides whether or not to torture you for ever, depending on whether or not you follow the rules in a book of Bronze Age mythology - and you believed them!

(Hi again, BTW)
Original post by QE2
Someone told you that an undetectable, supernatural being created the universe from nothing, and decides whether or not to torture you for ever, depending on whether or not you follow the rules in a book of Bronze Age mythology - and you believed them!

(Hi again, BTW)

awhh you never say hi to me! :frown:

HEY!

no i was basically taking the mick out of the fact that a kid went "its a bullet" and the police was called, the process just seemed strange and sudden. i didnt really look at the article anyway do i guess to some extent my comments are invalid

reminds me of this school trip, this psycho girl told everyone she had a gun in her bag, but the police was not called, her roomates searched her bag and turns out she was lying

everyone is still alive therefore no gun

how you doing btw? whats your opinion on the trump thing. i know you have stuff against islam but im curious as to what you opinion is on this
Reply 94
Original post by sfaraj
awhh you never say hi to me! :frown:

HEY!

no i was basically taking the mick out of the fact that a kid went "its a bullet" and the police was called, the process just seemed strange and sudden. i didnt really look at the article anyway do i guess to some extent my comments are invalid

reminds me of this school trip, this psycho girl told everyone she had a gun in her bag, but the police was not called, her roomates searched her bag and turns out she was lying

everyone is still alive therefore no gun
I think it was the combination of his claim that he had a bullet, saying that his brother/cousin (?) had used a gun, and the "Prevent" initiative that led to the police being involved. And note that they looked into it and decided there was no cause for concern. He and his family weren't dragged away in the night, never to be seen again. I think a little perspective is required in these cases.

how you doing btw? whats your opinion on the trump thing. i know you have stuff against islam but im curious as to what you opinion is on this
I can't think of a worse president. The man is a delusional, sociopathic egotist. Hopefully, the machinery of office will moderate his behaviour somewhat, but as the Republicans now control the Senate and Congress (and probably the Supreme Court), there is constitutionally nothing to block him. His friendship with Putin is one of the most worrying things. They seem to have nothing but admiration for each other. Without the US as a moderating influence, who knows what he will get up to in the Baltic, Balkans and the Middle East.
Can't see it ending well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending