The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
They're sending him home. I can't believe it.

TW: tmi, detail, distressing topic

Spoiler

Wow. Just wow. I am so angry on your behalf right now. That's so downright irresponsible of them :sadnod: I dunno what to say, other than more hugs :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: for all the use they are :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Wow. Just wow. I am so angry on your behalf right now. That's so downright irresponsible of them :sadnod: I dunno what to say, other than more hugs :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: for all the use they are :frown:

I know, all because one single ****ing doctor at CAMHS that has seen him once while he covers for his usual doctor who is on holiday has now decided there's nothing wrong with him whatsoever and he's just playing up and it's just his autism, despite all the hell we've all been through getting them all to admit he has some very serious issues. I think I'm gonna get in touch with my local MP and see if there can be an investigation or something because it just isn't right. It's not fair on us, or him

Thank you though :hugs: They're more useful to me than you'd think :hugs:
I know, all because one single ****ing doctor at CAMHS that has seen him once while he covers for his usual doctor who is on holiday has now decided there's nothing wrong with him whatsoever and he's just playing up and it's just his autism, despite all the hell we've all been through getting them all to admit he has some very serious issues. I think I'm gonna get in touch with my local MP and see if there can be an investigation or something because it just isn't right. It's not fair on us, or him

Thank you though :hugs: They're more useful to me than you'd think :hugs:

I would also consider putting in a formal complaint about that doctor (if you know their name) to the CAMHS team manager, etc. :sadnod:

:hugs:
I would also consider putting in a formal complaint about that doctor (if you know their name) to the CAMHS team manager, etc. :sadnod:

I will, but we've done that before and it doesn't do anything :/
I think I need professional help, but I am less than confident in its efficacy. The counselling I have had has been rather inconsequential. I've been very, very down lately, due to a long-term relationship ending, and the partner immediately - well, technically beforehand - moving on to someone better than me. I have mild depression in general, I think, but this sort of thing really triggers it. I can't focus on anything, and, well, I do not know the rules as to what you can say on here, but let's just say in terms of my considerations I've gone as low as I can possibly go, and I am scared of what I am capable of.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think I need professional help, but I am less than confident in its efficacy. The counselling I have had has been rather inconsequential. I've been very, very down lately, due to a long-term relationship ending, and the partner immediately - well, technically beforehand - moving on to someone better than me. I have mild depression in general, I think, but this sort of thing really triggers it. I can't focus on anything, and, well, I do not know the rules as to what you can say on here, but let's just say in terms of my considerations I've gone as low as I can possibly go, and I am scared of what I am capable of.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

Spoiler

Spoiler

TLG UPDATE

Just :fyi: , I'm away from the Internet mostly (if not 100%) from Fri-Sun. I've decided to face my psychotic fear of churches and religious buildings head on, by going on a religious retreat for 2 nights with uni :headfire:

So don't assume the worst if I'm out of touch and please don't expect to hear from me during those days :h: :jebus: :h:

Hoping this will have a positive impact on my mental health and maybe even get me out of this episode :redface:
Thank you :hugs: I'm calm for the moment, but I might just take you up on that at some point :hugs:

No worries :hugs:
Aw glad to hear it! Feel free :smile: I'll open my PM's to you in a minute :smile:

Original post by Noodlzzz
So I saw the psychiatrist who said I can't leave the hospital, no even with staff (and I'm not sectioned, but if I ask to leave again he will section me) :frown:

But starting clozapine tonight/tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be back to the old Noodlzzz soon.

:console:
Sorry to hear this, hope thing improve soon :smile:
I'm here if you want someone to talk/vent to :smile:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I don't think I'm very well at all.
I think my work have started to notice how I'm starting to go down hill. :hide: Im worried I'm going to **** things up for myself. I can't ****ing do anything right.

Aw no sorry to hear this :console:
You do many things right :smile: You're highly I telligent and a lovely person to be around too :smile:
Feel free to vent to me if you need someone :smile:

They're sending him home. I can't believe it.

TW: tmi, detail, distressing topic

Spoiler

Wow that's wow I dont know what to say! Im shocked!
Please tell someone asap! This is not right.
He sounds extremely dangerous in his current state! I think the doctors he saw need to be sacked asap! Wow, hope you're ok

TLG UPDATE

Just :fyi: , I'm away from the Internet mostly (if not 100%) from Fri-Sun. I've decided to face my psychotic fear of churches and religious buildings head on, by going on a religious retreat for 2 nights with uni :headfire:

So don't assume the worst if I'm out of touch and please don't expect to hear from me during those days :h: :jebus: :h:

Hoping this will have a positive impact on my mental health and maybe even get me out of this episode :redface:

Good luck TLG :biggrin: You can do it!
Let us know how you're getting on with it :smile: :hugs:
You're a star!
Original post by Sabertooth
I've had it a number of times.

The last few times for me were terrifying. I could "hear" my wife and parents talking as if I was in a coma but I couldn't move, open my eyes, or otherwise let them know that I was aware. I think that sleep paralysis is the scariest thing I've ever been through.

I found that it seems to happen more if I fall asleep on my back. If I lie on my left side then it's not as frequent.

Similar to me I tend to feel someone is in the room with me or I feel like I'm calling someone but I'm not actually moving my mouth to speak.

I tend to get it if I rest on my hand and it goes numb.

I thought everyone went through it but I read that it's rare which I was surprised about.
So i went to the drs, was honest and going back on meds and being reffered into the MH service possibly fir an assessment?
Was busy focussing on not crying.
:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like the worst friend ever, I am no good. No wonder why people leave me.
my therapist is away for 3 weeks and i think im going to really really struggle to stay stable. since uni started i have been in for 2 days...i dont even know how far behind i am just that i am massively behind. ive been really triggered by having to attend court recently. im overwhelmed really and now i have hearing aids, its much harder to space out to escape. - Audio is how i ground so having everything amplified is stopping me being able to dissociate as easily.

which you think would be good but actually just makes me super tired and irritable. It means the energy i try to escape from - like body memories and stuff, i cant escape from them. So when i get home and take them out, my head is so noisy. They all chat at once. Dunno how I am supposed to get any uni work done when i cant hear myself think.

maybe im just tired and itll be better in the morning. i really need to go into uni tomorrow and tell someone how much im struggling and how scared i am of failing. my PT sent me a message 2 weeks ago to arrange a meeting and then disappeared. I dont know how to ask for extensions or special circumstances. Im letting my life blow up all over again.

Spoiler

Nighttime, cry time.
Why does it always end up like this? Have barely slept for three days now. I just can't sleep :cry:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Why does it always end up like this? Have barely slept for three days now. I just can't sleep :cry:

Have you tried all of the sleep hygiene techniques?

Could you go see your GP? You might get prescribed something (I love temazepam). Are you under a lot of stress or withdrawing from something? What's going through your head as you lie there? (if that's private don't worry about answering)
I finally got the letter I need for exam arrangements. Only took 5 weeks. However, it's total ****, I'm 99% sure the uni won't accept it. They haven't given any information other than that I am seeing a psychiatrist and made some vague statement about "needing alternative time". WTF does that even mean??? All I wanted was for them to say my meds make me drowsy in the morning so I'd like to do exams in the afternoon. Is that really so hard? :banghead: I feel so pissed off. :mad:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Nighttime, cry time.

Original post by Sabertooth
I finally got the letter I need for exam arrangements. Only took 5 weeks. However, it's total ****, I'm 99% sure the uni won't accept it. They haven't given any information other than that I am seeing a psychiatrist and made some vague statement about "needing alternative time". WTF does that even mean??? All I wanted was for them to say my meds make me drowsy in the morning so I'd like to do exams in the afternoon. Is that really so hard? :banghead: I feel so pissed off. :mad:

That sucks! Could you write a letter for yourself and just them to sign and head it?

Latest