The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

America Schmerica. - I can't take it anymore.

Okay so I can't breathe.

I'm currently struggling to inhale like a regular being.

After spending my entire morning laughing.

(And I mean from around 7am-12pm, in hysterical fits to the point where you can no longer feel your stomach or stand up straight.)

.. my entire afternoon crying.

(And I mean to the point where you can no longer see what's ahead of you or feel your eyes.)

I have now officially run out of tissues as well as emotions + I don't know what to do with myself.

I totally don't want to leave the house to buy some bc I'm a state anyway + it's ever so cold.

So I'm sat here posting this cause that's what I always do when I feel helpless.

I'm so tremendously upset, I've just finished having my 8th or 9th shower of the day bc showers usually help me feel a bit better but I'm not feeling better at all, just even colder + I feel so incredibly sad + terrible.

I feel so terrible, as I'm sure millions of others do too + I'm so sorry for everyone + it's terrible + everything is terrible. Really, truly terrible + I absolutely hate everything bc well, I just do bc its terrible.

No one likes discussing politics bc it's way too intense of a topic so all I've been able to do in an attempt to alleviate my sorrow is text a few sentences to a few friends.

But that meant that some people received wild messages expressing amusement whilst others got messages filled with tears + I just needed to compile everything all somewhere.

+ no one has replied to them anyway bar my Literature group.

Oh + my sibling has been comforting me for over 7 hours + apparently doesn't know what to do anymore so she's resorted to staring at me whilst I pace up + down the house muttering gibberish.

I literally don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Nor do I know the precise reasons behind my tears any longer.

Have I mentioned that I've run out of tissues.

Maybe this should've been placed in advice in everyday issues.

I honestly don't understand why the world is so terrible.

I want to be sheltered from all the bad.

Can someone pls, pls shelter me.

I would like to count my pennies in peace.

I just.. strongly dislike earth.

Why can't people be nice.

Not even wholly nice, just semi-nice would do.

Why can't everyone be semi-nice.

Why can't everyone be human.

Why is being human apparently such a difficult trait to hold.

Life would be so much easier + happier.

Dear God, I really can't take it. :cry:

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear :frown: it is depressing but don't worry it'll blow over and hopefully senate and congress will drag him by the balls through to the next election. Hopefully by that stage all the uneducated bigot voters will have come to their senses and maybe there'll be another less of a ****tard mess President on their way! :h: yeyyyy :console: :hugs: please don't be sad and seriously... get some sleep :smile:!
The world will keep turning. Although Trump wouldn't have been my choice for POTUS I have enough faith in him to appoint the right people around him. Even if things go south, he'll be out in 4 years.

The reality is even Trump's America is a better place to live than probably 90% of the other places on earth. If you compare your situation to those in Raqqa or Mosul then you'll be better able to see things in perspective.
Just sit down and relax. Nothing that may put siginificant change in your life won't happen.
US is no dictatorship, there is congress, constitution, law and lots of people who will stay in the job and affect US policy.

While here in mid Europe, in a country that is NATO's eastern bumper, I feel a lot safer with a new Americant president who wants to give up agressive foreign policy.

US internal policy is not a concern of mine, and I doubt is this a concern of UK.
(edited 7 years ago)
I hope your mother doesn't bring you a plate of tendies.
Original post by KingBradly

Original post by AperfectBalance
Welcome to the real world, grow up.

Looking for an opportunity to make yourselves feel better are we? Sling your hook
Original post by Little Popcorns
Looking for an opportunity to make yourselves feel better are we? Sling your hook

No when big things dont go my way I dont cry for a whole day, I might be a little angry and sad but I do not get this worked up.

Move on and accept this is the real world, not everything will go your way.
No when big things dont go my way I dont cry for a whole day, I might be a little angry and sad but I do not get this worked up.

Move on and accept this is the real world, not everything will go your way.
Errr... I didn't make this thread.

I just think you shouldn't bother to share your thoughts if someone is in whatever kind of distress for whatever reason if you can't actually help.. and you're not so! Shush.
Errr... I didn't make this thread.

I just think you shouldn't bother to share your thoughts if someone is in whatever kind of distress for whatever reason if you can't actually help.. and you're not so! Shush.

Pandering to her wont help either, I never said you were the OP I just stated that what she had said would never happen to me.
Pandering to her wont help either, I never said you were the OP I just stated that what she had said would never happen to me.
Well everyone's so impressed that you're such a big boy.

Everyone's different and you think you're better.
Reply 11
Original post by Anon_98
Okay so I can't breathe.

I'm currently struggling to inhale like a regular being.

After spending my entire morning laughing.

(And I mean from around 7am-12pm, in hysterical fits to the point where you can no longer feel your stomach or stand up straight.)

.. my entire afternoon crying.

(And I mean to the point where you can no longer see what's ahead of you or feel your eyes.)

I have now officially run out of tissues as well as emotions + I don't know what to do with myself.

I totally don't want to leave the house to buy some bc I'm a state anyway + it's ever so cold.

So I'm sat here posting this cause that's what I always do when I feel helpless.

I'm so tremendously upset, I've just finished having my 8th or 9th shower of the day bc showers usually help me feel a bit better but I'm not feeling better at all, just even colder + I feel so incredibly sad + terrible.

I feel so terrible, as I'm sure millions of others do too + I'm so sorry for everyone + it's terrible + everything is terrible. Really, truly terrible + I absolutely hate everything bc well, I just do bc its terrible.

No one likes discussing politics bc it's way too intense of a topic so all I've been able to do in an attempt to alleviate my sorrow is text a few sentences to a few friends.

But that meant that some people received wild messages expressing amusement whilst others got messages filled with tears + I just needed to compile everything all somewhere.

+ no one has replied to them anyway bar my Literature group.

Oh + my sibling has been comforting me for over 7 hours + apparently doesn't know what to do anymore so she's resorted to staring at me whilst I pace up + down the house muttering gibberish.

I literally don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Nor do I know the precise reasons behind my tears any longer.

Have I mentioned that I've run out of tissues.

Maybe this should've been placed in advice in everyday issues.

I honestly don't understand why the world is so terrible.

I want to be sheltered from all the bad.

Can someone pls, pls shelter me.

I would like to count my pennies in peace.

I just.. strongly dislike earth.

Why can't people be nice.

Not even wholly nice, just semi-nice would do.

Why can't everyone be semi-nice.

Why can't everyone be human.

Why is being human apparently such a difficult trait to hold.

Life would be so much easier + happier.

Dear God, I really can't take it. :cry:

Why is this in News and Affairs? Are you feeling down because Trump won? You're kidding me right? Why would you care? It's no big deal he's not going to do most of the things he 'planned'.
You just sound depressed so I think this belongs in the health/mental health section...
Well everyone's so impressed that you're such a big boy.

Everyone's different and you think you're better.

This is clearly a overreaction, sure if you want cry but for a whole day.

she is overreacting and needs to learn to grow up.

It's funny how you have to result to insults instead of logical arguments
Cheer up! The race is over. You're crying? C'mon...live your life,dude.

Here are some hankies.. :-)

Attachment not found

1478717632525.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is clearly a overreaction, sure if you want cry but for a whole day.

she is overreacting and needs to learn to grow up.

It's funny how you have to result to insults instead of logical arguments
She might be sensitive, she might have other problems which make this a bigger concern /upset for her this is my point everyone's different
Original post by KingBradly

You may not realise but that was quite an insensitive thing to say.

On the internet you really don't know what the other person has gone through/are going through.
Original post by Anon_98
I placed it in News + Affairs bc it is regarding my views on the latest election.

The real question is, why wouldn't you care.

Well, you just sound like you don't know what you're talking about so I think you belong outside of this thread...

Does that mean everyone in the United States + around the world who are currently devastated over the outcome should be admitted to take some drugs in order to cure them of their justifiable feelings?

Cause that's basically what you're saying.

I'm not depressed, thank you for your concern + pls do not think things that are incorrect bc I honestly hate it when strangers think incorrect things about me. For the record, no, it really doesn't but your ever so helpful comment has resulted in a mod moving my thread to that section. I strongly dislike it when my threads are moved to forums where they clearly don't belong bc prior to their creation, I always take the time to ensure I'm choosing the correct forum + not randomly placing things thus when it's altered, it makes me feel as though my decision was inadequate.

My decision was not inadequate.- I AM SAD ABOUT THE DAMN ELECTION.

DOES SADNESS AUTOMATICALLY EQUATE TO DEPRESSION.

ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SAD WITHOUT BEING LABELLED.

I wanted to attract the correct group of TSR-ians; I did not wish to gain responses from people trying to diagnose my wonderful thoughts.

Thanks for making me frustrated.

Yeah, well.. you are not me so I don't know what irrelevant point you are trying to make.

ur contradicting behaviour is cute:

-

Besides, what exactly do you mean by "grow up" -

Lack compassion? Stop caring? Quit sympathising over genuinely heart-breaking affairs? I mean according to you, evidently I can simply eat 3 pots of petits filous, switch myself off + then I will no longer be affected, right?

Ok Gregg.

Grow up is not a insult, you need to learn to get over things.
Learn that the world is not always about you and just get on with life the best you can.
Reply 17
Lol seriously is this thread a joke - this is the result of the Tumblrina generation.

Original post by StrawbAri
You may not realise but that was quite an insensitive thing to say.

On the internet you really don't know what the other person has gone through/are going through.

And, he said I was obnoxious. :rofl:
Reply 19
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
And, he said I was obnoxious. :rofl:

Is it bad to think this person needs to get a grip?

Latest