The Student Room Group

Sikhs and others please help

Im a Skh my bf is a Sufi , ive come to the point where im at crossroads as what i should do.
My parents are unaware of this relationship and only a few close friends know.
It started off as an online relationship and ive met him a few times - only three.

Im confused as to whether i should proceed with our relationship. I love him, but im unsure if its proper love, but i know its wrong, he loves me to the moon and back and im afraid of breaking up and losing him. Hes been the only close comfort and friend ive had for nearly two years now.

Any help?
I was going to contact the Sikh helpline and ask them for advice but im unsure as to whether it would be appropriate to do so and if they deal with circumstances and relationships like this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax
You're so stupid and naive lol.

How does that help?
If you havent got any advice or suggestions dont comment please.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
How does that help?
If you havent got any advice or suggestions dont comment please.

It's common sense.
Reply 5
Bump
Anyone please help
Reply 6
Original post by Ishax
It's common sense.

Troll
Reply 7
**** religion. That's all i have to say on that, have a good day.
Reply 8
Original post by Zeus007
**** religion. That's all i have to say on that, have a good day.

True, he respects mine.
Im just afraid of how to tell my parents and how theyll react?
Reply 9
Anybody have any experience or advice in an interfaith relationship and how to approach and tell your family etc
Im a Skh my bf is a Sufi , ive come to the point where im at crossroads as what i should do.
It started off as an online relationship and ive met him a few times - only three.

Im confused as to whether i should proceed with our relationship. I love him, but im unsure if its proper love, but i know its wrong, he loves me to the moon and back and im afraid of breaking up and losing him. Hes been the only close comfort and friend ive had for nearly two years now.

Any help?
I was going to contact the Sikh helpline and ask them for advice but im unsure as to whether it would be appropriate to do so and if they deal with circumstances and relationships like this.

Hey Girl,

I'm Sikh i'm seeing ia guy who is white- for the same and obvious reasons my parents don't know either. ill see what i do depending on how serious we both get.

but you need to think about this carefully, would you be prepared to leave your family for him? or leave him for your family?
Also how strict is your family? if they are laid back then they'd accept him. Ive got a sikh friend whos cousins are married to people of all races and they accepted them happily.

whereas my parents on the otherhand are very very strict and want me to be with a sikh guy- unfortunalty i dont find them attracive so that'll be a problem haha
but my point is- you have to be careful and really think about this.
as far as i know if i get with him- my parents will disown me- extreme but that's what will happen unfortunatly :frown:

im in the same boat as you so if you want you can PM me :smile:
Reply 11
True, he respects mine.
Im just afraid of how to tell my parents and how theyll react?

I truly feel bad for you but you have to tell them one way or another and if they want your happiness they need to accept this.
How can you love someone you've only met three times? I think you're getting way too ahead of yourself.
Reply 13
Sufi as in Sufi Muslim or...?

Any help?

he'll convert you soon ... I know its harsh to say but I'm sure you've heard about how sikh girls are wooed into relationships with muslim guys just so they can convert them
I don't know id becareful if I was you, I just hope you make the right decision.
Stick to people from the same religion if you have a religion- saves you from the consequences which we all Asians know how bad they can be..
how old are you ?
Anybody have any experience or advice in an interfaith relationship and how to approach and tell your family etc

my friend did - her family disowned her for months! slowly came around but its not the same...
if your parents are religious Sikhs my opinion would be to walk away from this relationship- and reading the comments- I've heard about the converting thing too.
Stick to people from the same religion if you have a religion- saves you from the consequences which we all Asians know how bad they can be..
how old are you ?

Im 18 hes 23 soon
Reply 18

Any help?

Lol pass da digits to the Sikh helpline it sounds Sikh fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any help?

I don't think your parents would be against the relationship, to my knowledge many Sikhs revere Sufi Saints and some of the gurus were close friends with Sufi Saints as well as this many Sikhs have a close attachment to Sufi music

I don't think helplines will help with such situations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending