The Student Room Group

The University of Sheffield - Medicine 2017 Entry

Hi everyone!

I couldn't see a thread for Sheffield 2017 medicine, so thought I would start one!

Has anyone heard back yet? It says on their website they'll send them out between the 7th and the 11th.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mcdcph
Hi everyone!

I couldn't see a thread for Sheffield 2017 medicine, so thought I would start one!

Has anyone heard back yet? It says on their website they'll send them out between the 7th and the 11th.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hey! I've applied here, heard nothing as of yet - keeping my fingers crossed though! Where else have you applied?
Reply 2
Original post by erinls2
Hey! I've applied here, heard nothing as of yet - keeping my fingers crossed though! Where else have you applied?

Me neither! I've also applied to Kings, Leicester and Hull York. How about you? 😊
Reply 3
Hey guys I applied to Sheffield too! Haven't heard anything from them either 🙁I think they base it pretty much solely on UKCAT so I was really hoping to get an interview 😁😁😁
Good luck to both of you!! 💗💗
Reply 4
Original post by mcdcph
Me neither! I've also applied to Kings, Leicester and Hull York. How about you? 😊

Bristol, Kings and Birmingham :smile: heard nothing from anyone apart from Birmingham, and I've got an interview there in about 3 weeks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by YolandaW
Hey guys I applied to Sheffield too! Haven't heard anything from them either 🙁I think they base it pretty much solely on UKCAT so I was really hoping to get an interview 😁😁😁
Good luck to both of you!! 💗💗

Hi! :smile:

Yeah I think so too! How did you do in your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking? Mine was soo stressful because my pen ran out in the quant and I couldn't get the man's attention to get another :nn: it all worked out ok though!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by erinls2
Bristol, Kings and Birmingham :smile: heard nothing from anyone apart from Birmingham, and I've got an interview there in about 3 weeks :smile:

Oh brilliant, well done! I bet that's a relief 😊 I almost applied to Birmingham too! Good luck for that 😊
Reply 7
Original post by mcdcph
Hi! :smile:

Yeah I think so too! How did you do in your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking? Mine was soo stressful because my pen ran out in the quant and I couldn't get the man's attention to get another :nn: it all worked out ok though!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us 😊

My ukcat actually went quite well, I got 773 average. That's so bad that your pen ran out!! I would probably have complained!! 😂😂

Oh and I just got an email a few hours ago offering me an interview 😱😱 so I guess they're sending them out now!!! Xxxx
I've got my interview invitation today too whipeeeeeeeeee
FYI there is another Sheffield Thread, its called Sheffield A100
Reply 10
Original post by Kings_queens
I've got my interview invitation today too whipeeeeeeeeee

CONGRATULATIONS!!! When's yours??
CONGRATULATIONS!!! When's yours??

you too on yours! 30th November at 11am wbu?
Reply 12
Original post by Kings_queens
you too on yours! 30th November at 11am wbu?

Thank you!!! Wow that's so early in the day!! Mine's at 2:30 on the 29th :smile:
Thank you!!! Wow that's so early in the day!! Mine's at 2:30 on the 29th :smile:

i know man im gonna have to get on a train at like 8am from where i live! oh well it'll all be worth it in the end if we get an offer :smile:
Man, I was really hoping to hear from Sheffield today XD Congrats everyone who's got an interview though
Original post by erinls2
Man, I was really hoping to hear from Sheffield today XD Congrats everyone who's got an interview though

Yeah. I think they've ranked everyone and then randomly allocated people an interview date so if not today then definitely by the end of the weekend.
Original post by studentsixth
Yeah. I think they've ranked everyone and then randomly allocated people an interview date so if not today then definitely by the end of the weekend.

I hope you're right, hearing about interviews is exciting! :P
I got an interview too!!! Dec 7th at 9:30!!! So scared~
Reply 18
Hey guys, so I've just looked at the website and the cut off for interviews are:
Home: 2000/2700
International 1990/2700
Different circumstances: 1850/2700
And don't worry if you haven't had an email through yet as they are still sending them out until the 18th
Reply 19
Original post by Hutch28
Hey guys, so I've just looked at the website and the cut off for interviews are:
Home: 2000/2700
International 1990/2700
Different circumstances: 1850/2700
And don't worry if you haven't had an email through yet as they are still sending them out until the 18th

That's brilliant news! Would you mind linking me to the page so I can have a read? Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending