The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AGneissDay
Quick question about the E-Tray - some of the practise test answers consider certain options to be 'ineffective' eg: Not responding to the email, rather than 'least effective,' as they don't solve the situation - this seemed rather clunky and confusing in the book I was practising, and I saw no mention of this before. Is this something you see in the actual test too, or is the least effective answer just the worst option?

I didn't see an option to not reply. It was choosing the least effective answer as the worst option
Original post by amal08
Im still awaiting my reasonable udjustments to be put in place for my Etray test. I've now been waiting a month for this. Every week I call and they say that we'll be arranging this next week, but nothing. The application is really dragging out if I'm being honest.

Me too. Getting a bit aggravated.
I am also getting sick of waiting and jumping every time I get an email notification.

I am in an OK-paying job which I hate and am bored senseless of. When I started the FS application process I put applying for jobs on hold. The updates are so few and far between that I wonder if I've done the right thing. Of course now that it is practically Christmas jobs are thin on the ground and no one is really bothering with recruitment.

I know, I know, first world problems...
Original post by TheJollyOwl
I am also getting sick of waiting and jumping every time I get an email notification.

I am in an OK-paying job which I hate and am bored senseless of. When I started the FS application process I put applying for jobs on hold. The updates are so few and far between that I wonder if I've done the right thing. Of course now that it is practically Christmas jobs are thin on the ground and no one is really bothering with recruitment.

I know, I know, first world problems...

No it's not, it's super frustrating!

I can only imagine what it was like last year - apparently the waits were muuuuuch longer.

I'm just getting incredibly frustrated that some people have heard and some haven't - it's made me have 1000000 doubts like; does this mean i'm amber banded? Have only the unsuccessful people heard? etc etc
I'm really confused about the E-Tray test...I've tried searching about this online but still a bit confused. is the format 100% multiple choice or do you have to do any written work? Can someone help me with what to expect...I have never done one before apart from a practice one online which was multiple choice only.

Sorry I know this may seem lazy of me to be asking but I am in the middle of my dissertation and have already spent a while researching this to little avail.
Original post by lumos28
I'm really confused about the E-Tray test...I've tried searching about this online but still a bit confused. is the format 100% multiple choice or do you have to do any written work? Can someone help me with what to expect...I have never done one before apart from a practice one online which was multiple choice only.

Sorry I know this may seem lazy of me to be asking but I am in the middle of my dissertation and have already spent a while researching this to little avail.

it is only multiple choice, a load of info to go through at the beginning and then answering multiple choice questions with the most and least effective answer. You have 80 mins and i think 24 questions. Im also in the middle of my dissertation so i feel your pain :')
Original post by amal08
Im still awaiting my reasonable udjustments to be put in place for my Etray test. I've now been waiting a month for this. Every week I call and they say that we'll be arranging this next week, but nothing. The application is really dragging out if I'm being honest.

Original post by JoJoBonetto
Me too. Getting a bit aggravated.

Think I'm in a similar situation- applied under the guarenteed interview scheme and asked for 25% extra time as was automatically granted to GIS applicants last year, my online tests changed to 'congratulations you've passed' almost straight away on Friday and my etray hasn't unlocked- is that whats happened with both of you?
Original post by jelly1000
Think I'm in a similar situation- applied under the guarenteed interview scheme and asked for 25% extra time as was automatically granted to GIS applicants last year, my online tests changed to 'congratulations you've passed' almost straight away on Friday and my etray hasn't unlocked- is that whats happened with both of you?

No. I was successful and eTray unlocked with a deadline but they emailed me and said to let it expire as they hadn't made the adjustments.
Original post by PJJ12345
Really? What does this say for them releasing results mid-Nov?

To be honest it says 'by the middle of November' so I'm hoping we all know by the end of next week barring those waiting for their reasonable adjustments
Hi guys!

I am applying for the early diversity internship with the civil service and I will be doing the online assessments tomorrow - Situational judgement and behavioral.

I am super nervous and I want this so much!

Does anyone have any tips/advice? How should I prepare? Anything will be appreciated.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by JoJoBonetto
No. I was successful and eTray unlocked with a deadline but they emailed me and said to let it expire as they hadn't made the adjustments.

oh ok, hope they get round to it soon
Just did the SJT and behavioural tests and passed straight away which was nice, as I didn't pass the online tests for my preferred stream last year.

Will do the etray over the weekend. Hopefully they will have pretty much finalised the pass mark by then.
Original post by Kneale
Written application?

Yes you had to fill out some long form with all your work experience etc... I don't know if thats was for the summer scheme only
Original post by Forget that
Yes you had to fill out some long form with all your work experience etc... I don't know if thats was for the summer scheme only

Must of been, FS literally asked for nothing bar personal details. No cv, work exp etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guessing it wont be till next week we find out our e-tray results. Anyone heard today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
Guessing it wont be till next week we find out our e-tray results. Anyone heard today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completed the etray around 5 hours ago and was checking my phone incessantly for a result as I got the results for the other stages quite fast (in a matter of minutes). I've been reading this thread for the past half an hour and it seems hardly anyone has got their results back for it! Will be more patient, for sure and try to put it to the back of my mind. Fingers crossed for everyone!!!
Reply 856
I've been waiting for over a week and no result for etray. I'm not expecting a pass but still eager to know result
I completed the SJT test for the internship but the e-tray didn't show and it didn't say anything about passing.

Does this mean I was unsuccessful?
or does this mean I was amber-branded?

Thank you!
I am perplexed as to why it has taken so long to add 25% additional time onto the eTray for candidates with special requirements. I keep getting told that it will be put in place 'next week' and there have been about 5 'next weeks now. I will continue waiting and practicing nonetheless, but there must be something going on for the folks working on this.
Reply 859
Original post by HumanDancer
I am perplexed as to why it has taken so long to add 25% additional time onto the eTray for candidates with special requirements. I keep getting told that it will be put in place 'next week' and there have been about 5 'next weeks now. I will continue waiting and practicing nonetheless, but there must be something going on for the folks working on this.

This is exactly my situation. I dound out i past the initial SJT and BT mid October and have been waiting since for them to add my reasonable adjustments of 25% extra time. Its been a month so far. Ive emailed and called numerous times, of which I received replies of 'the test should be ready for you by next week'. Se as you, its been several weeka now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending