The Student Room Group

QTS Professional Skills Test 2016

Scroll to see replies

I am a private tutor and I have tutored students before for the QTS tests. I currently tutor in the north Kent area so if anyone in this area feels that they need more help please do contact me by private message.

Nicole
Reply 21
I passed with 15 mock test still available I think it has run out now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Nrworker
I passed with 15 mock test still available I think it has run out now.

Oh wow, that's great! If they were still available, would you be able to share them?
Reply 23
Original post by AppleB
Good luck!!
Do keep me updated :biggrin:
Nope, not yet :redface:

Just took the literacy one today and passed first time :smile:
Reply 24
my advice would be to just practice, stay calm and be positive, i did both literacy ane numeracy in an hour and a half today(its a long story.. this wasnt by choice!) and passed both, just go in confident and you'll do absolutely great!
Original post by EmsJayne
Just took the literacy one today and passed first time :smile:

Omg!
That's awesome
Well done Xx
How was it?
Reply 26
Original post by AppleB
Omg!
That's awesome
Well done Xx
How was it?

It was great! Exactly like the practice tests :smile:
It was great! Exactly like the practice tests :smile:

Oh okay :smile:
That's brilliant :biggrin:
Well done completing them :smile:)
Reply 28
Original post by Sam89
I would say for Maths, practice, practice and practice some more! I joined a group on facebook and someone happened to pass their test with around 10 mock tests left (that they'd bought online) she said she'd let whoever asked first have them free and luckily I got them. They helped massively as mental maths etc is my weakness too.

I also bought some books for English from amazon.

Hi,
Congrats on passing your numeracy test!
Any chance you can share the name of the test that was given to you, as I would like to buy it. Numeracy is by far my weakest skill :frown:
I couldn't find any recent forums on this topic so I wanted to start one up. I just took my Maths skills test earlier today, I have been absolutely dreading it so much and I passed first time! If anyone has any questions about my experience let me know and I'll get back to you, as I sure had some to ask but there were no current threads! Best of luck to all prospective teachers :tongue:

Congrats! So glad you passed! I am very worried about the numeracy test - particularly the mental maths part! I haven't done that kind of thing for more than a decade... I'm less scared of the literacy exam, although I am going through some spellings and a book about it because I don't want to assume it'll be OK and then mess it up! I have the literacy test later this week!

I haven't done much for the numeracy test yet. I have it booked for late January. I have bought the Mark Patmore book on it and from practice tests I think I really need to work on mental arithmetic! I am starting by learning all my tables - do you think this is necessary? And then I am going to look at fractions and decimal numbers and how they all relate. Does this seem like a good plan? Not sure what I will look at after that, other than familiarising myself with the kinds of tables and graphs that they use in the second part.
Hey everyone,

I passed both my QTS skills tests this morning- good luck to those who still have them coming up!

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my Numeracy Ready subscription from me for a reduced price of around £15? I paid £24.99 for it but didn't have time to complete many of the tests, so there are still 15 tests and the subscription is valid until 16th February! Let me know if you're interested :smile:
Hi, are these still available? :smile:
Original post by kathleen112
Hey everyone,

I passed both my QTS skills tests this morning- good luck to those who still have them coming up!

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my Numeracy Ready subscription from me for a reduced price of around £15? I paid £24.99 for it but didn't have time to complete many of the tests, so there are still 15 tests and the subscription is valid until 16th February! Let me know if you're interested :smile:
I've just submitted my UCAS applications for a 2017 start. Do people recommend taking the tests before interviews, after or or just as soon as I feel ready??!??!? When did people take theirs ? Thanks
You need to have prepared well before sitting the tests however...timing will be important for you too. You need to consider qts tests; interviews and after Christmas will be serious a level revision. Personally i'd try and get them passed this side of Christmas so thst you can focus on your a level study the other side. Just my opinion.
I've passed the literacy test! It was a bit of a farce though - some of the computers weren't working properly so some people couldn't hear when the spellings were called out. Therefore they were told to just do what they could but if they failed they'd notify the DfE and they woudn't lose one of their turns. It made it all quite stressful - wondering if I'd get a computer that worked or not! (Mine did work, but still).
I passed literacy today first time! Does anyone know how we alert our choices that we've passed? I know there is a section for it on track but my candidate number is too long to input? :s-smilie:
run for seven, what spellings did you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 37
After over three weeks of practice I did the DfE numeracypractice paper 1 today and only got 42% 😨 I am a poor student and I can't really afford numeracy ready or anything else. Does anyone have know resources that can help. Both my tests are on the 22nd of December, I'm fine with English but maths is really bad.
Reply 38
Original post by EbunA
After over three weeks of practice I did the DfE numeracypractice paper 1 today and only got 42% 😨 I am a poor student and I can't really afford numeracy ready or anything else. Does anyone have know resources that can help. Both my tests are on the 22nd of December, I'm fine with English but maths is really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8SFUKRqfc&t=527s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Tm-fN3BZs&t=167s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6zkJ-_RRU&t=938s

I passed first time, and in the morning of my test, I watched these 3 videos, and also looked at the channels which posted them.

The universities you apply to will also offer free classes which will help you to pass your tests, I know that Greenwich does.

There's also a few books out as well; maybe you could see if you can find them in your local library?

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by AutumnalTrees
Congrats! So glad you passed! I am very worried about the numeracy test - particularly the mental maths part! I haven't done that kind of thing for more than a decade... I'm less scared of the literacy exam, although I am going through some spellings and a book about it because I don't want to assume it'll be OK and then mess it up! I have the literacy test later this week!

I haven't done much for the numeracy test yet. I have it booked for late January. I have bought the Mark Patmore book on it and from practice tests I think I really need to work on mental arithmetic! I am starting by learning all my tables - do you think this is necessary? And then I am going to look at fractions and decimal numbers and how they all relate. Does this seem like a good plan? Not sure what I will look at after that, other than familiarising myself with the kinds of tables and graphs that they use in the second part.

Definitely brush up on your times tables so you can recall them quickly. This would be useful in the mental section and cut down on the time to work answers out. I can't remember where, but I remember hearing a tip of making sure you're confident with your 6, 7s and 8 times tables- which did come up the most, I found.

You need to be confident in your multiplication because you need to be able to simplify fractions quickly-and to do so you need to detect lowest common multiples.

Google 'QTS Maths Revision List' and you will find topics to revise.

Good luck and don't stress yourself out too much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending