The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Or because we Imperial medics (and applicants) actually have a life outside this website, unlike other Med students :wink:

I kid, of course.

Banterrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Seems lovely. I just hope that the pizza would be Dominos instead of Pizza Hut; I know I'm gonna trigger some people by saying that, haha.

Dominos>Pizza Hut

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Hey people,
Does our bmat score get ranked within its bands? For example, a score of: 7, 7, 2.5B(Where 2.5B is the cut off) mean that you are better off than someone who just got into the cut off?
Thankss
Reply 83
Original post by Rifdhy
Hey people,
Does our bmat score get ranked within its bands? For example, a score of: 7, 7, 2.5B(Where 2.5B is the cut off) mean that you are better off than someone who just got into the cut off?
Thankss

Yessir. Within those bands, they look at your A-levels/ IB and your personal statement (correct me if i'm wrong)
Original post by cheeku
Yessir. Within those bands, they look at your A-levels/ IB and your personal statement (correct me if i'm wrong)

He would be in band 3 because of his section three score - even though his section one and two are amazing. Imperial looks for consistency across all sections it seems like. I don't think there's been any information released as to what goes on within bands.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do we know when they might release this year's cut-off? Do they do that when the results come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmedic178
Do we know when they might release this year's cut-off? Do they do that when the results come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! I just wish that everyone who applied doesn't have amazing scores so that boundaries will be low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie
I hope so! I just wish that everyone who applied doesn't have amazing scores so that boundaries will be low

Hahah same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmedic178

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are released well after the application cycle, so you won't know until you've either been given an offer/rejection I'm afraid.
They are released well after the application cycle, so you won't know until you've either been given an offer/rejection I'm afraid.

Nooooo 😭😭😭😭 don't say this to me :frown:
Even if I rang up a few days after results came out, they wouldn't tell me? That's so unfair :frown:

The cut offs have been quite similar in recent years, so we should be able to tell whether we have made it once the results come out😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeAMerchant
The cut offs have been quite similar in recent years, so we should be able to tell whether we have made it once the results come out😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you mean UKCAT results, including deciles?

UPDATE: I thought this was a different thread. I'm not stupid, really 🙃
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 92
Does anyone know when Imperial send out information about who has got an interview?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Asian5
Does anyone know when Imperial send out information about who has got an interview?

They'll probably start at about the end of this month/early December.
do you mean UKCAT results, including deciles?

UPDATE: I thought this was a different thread. I'm not stupid, really 🙃

No worries 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeAMerchant

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember when I applied a couple of years ago, got results and thought I would get rejected pre-interview. I'm now a second year here so don't write anything off until the last minute. Unless you score like 2 or something. :smile:
I remember when I applied a couple of years ago, got results and thought I would get rejected pre-interview. I'm now a second year here so don't write anything off until the last minute. Unless you score like 2 or something. :smile:

You say this, but your stats were probably amazing! 😉

You say this, but your stats were probably amazing! 😉

Haha :tongue:

Nah, my BMAT was very mediocre. Whenever we rant at Imperial about how horrible the test is and we ask each other what they score, everyone goes "Oh you'll not have done as badly as I did!". Then they hear my score and go "Oh...sorry for asking :colondollar:" :lol:
Haha :tongue:

Nah, my BMAT was very mediocre. Whenever we rant at Imperial about how horrible the test is and we ask each other what they score, everyone goes "Oh you'll not have done as badly as I did!". Then they hear my score and go "Oh...sorry for asking :colondollar:" :lol:

Ohhh looool but obvs your score wasn't a great representation of you because imperial wanted you!

What is first year like? Highlights? Pitfalls? Student life? (Be as descriptive as you'd like - I haven't managed to go to the open day)

If you can remember, how long did it take you to hear back from Imperial after the BMAT results were published?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending