The Student Room Group

What should I do ????

Hi I've always wanted to do medicine since I was small and become a doctor it's literally my dream. I recently did my gcse and I feel like they're not good enough where as other people who are applying have got better gcse grades than me as well as that other people have done a lot of extra curricular activities. All I've done is work experience at Boots,play the violin and volunteered at a charity shop. I feel like I won't be able to do medicine. This is the same with my friends. What should we/ I do ?? Thanks
:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by nisha.sri
Hi I've always wanted to do medicine since I was small and become a doctor it's literally my dream. I recently did my gcse and I feel like they're not good enough where as other people who are applying have got better gcse grades than me as well as that other people have done a lot of extra curricular activities. All I've done is work experience at Boots,play the violin and volunteered at a charity shop. I feel like I won't be able to do medicine. This is the same with my friends. What should we/ I do ?? Thanks
:smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSEs and what grades did you get in each of them? (We need to know because what you don't think is good enough might actually be really good).
Which A Levels are you doing? What grades are you looking at getting?
Original post by AshEntropy
If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSEs and what grades did you get in each of them? (We need to know because what you don't think is good enough might actually be really good).
Which A Levels are you doing? What grades are you looking at getting?

For alevels im doing maths,biology and chemistry. Hoping to get all A's or at least 1A* and for GCSE I got 1A* 4A's 6B
Reply 3
For alevels im doing maths,biology and chemistry. Hoping to get all A's or at least 1A* and for GCSE I got 1A* 4A's 6B

Mhm.. Oxford and Cambridge are definitely out of the picture for you. Your GCSEs seem fine for most medical schools.

What did you get in GCSE English Language, Maths and the sciences?
Mhm.. Oxford and Cambridge are definitely out of the picture for you. Your GCSEs seem fine for most medical schools.

What did you get in GCSE English Language, Maths and the sciences?

Maths - A*
English language -B
Biology - B
Chemistry -A
Physics - B
Reply 5
Maths - A*
English language -B
Biology - B
Chemistry -A
Physics - B

I'm sorry to say that a lot of medical schools wouldn't accept you, but I can find out which ones would.. hold on
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sorry to say that most medical schools wouldn't accept you, but I can find out which ones would.. hold on

Oh ok
Reply 7
Oh ok

Righteo, I read it incorrectly, a lot would accept you! Here's the list of what every medical school wants in terms of GCSEs :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements
Righteo, I read it incorrectly, a lot would accept you! Here's the list of what every medical school wants in terms of GCSEs :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements

Ohh thank God ! 😌 Are you doing medicine?
Reply 9
Ohh thank God ! 😌 Are you doing medicine?

Hahaha no, being a doctor sounds like an absolute nightmare :biggrin: I'd much rather be in the laboratory
Hahaha no, being a doctor sounds like an absolute nightmare :biggrin: I'd much rather be in the laboratory

HAHA so what are you studying ??
Reply 11
HAHA so what are you studying ??

I study BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science because I much prefer the science behind medicine rather than the patient-approach to medicine. I could never cope with the amount of stress doctors have to cope with, with rude patients.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending