The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@bammy jastard 27

Favourite J Cole album/mixtape?

Feel The Warm Up is the best well rounded one, but Born Sinner has some bangers.
Original post by swirly
I wanna start my own events management firm where I just bring llamas to corporate events and charge people for it and it would be lit

That's the best idea I've ever heard.
@zKlown you asked me about your tinder profile, take tips from this guy.
Trump is the best outcome for those of us outside of America.
mj is king

jt is a loser
Original post by Wilfred Little
Justin Timberlake is actually better than Michael Jackson.
[video="youtube;xvEz_8vsmo4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvEz_8vsmo4[/video]
thoughts?
Original post by Precious Illusions
That's the best idea I've ever heard.
@zKlown you asked me about your tinder profile, take tips from this guy.

Taking bookings from a kiosk in Stratford soon
Reply 386
Original post by Rk2k14
@bammy jastard 27

Favourite J Cole album/mixtape?

Feel The Warm Up is the best well rounded one, but Born Sinner has some bangers.

In all honesty Friday Night Lights is pretty good too(Enchanted in particular). I think Born Sinner has some really deep songs that make you think (Miss America, Villuminati) so I can agree. I believe Forest Hill Drive is his best though, it's an album where you can't really criticise anything, every song is a banger (Fire Squad, Apparently, January 28th, a tale of two citiez) it's just a crazy album in particular.

Anyway thoughts on Kendrick's best album and order of Black Hippy best to worst?

I think it goes Kendrick>Jay Rock=Schoolboy>Ab Soul but it's pretty close. Back in 2012 I liked Ab Soul more than Kendrick but he ain't pushed on(possibly regressed) while Kendrick has been putting the same level as back then (lets see his new album) back in the day Jay Rock used to skill everyone in Black Hippy(listen to his verse on J Dilla freestyle) but the rest have obviously got better since the early days. Schoolboy consistently been putting bangers but he took a long time for me to get into.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
xxx

so from my long post, you pulled one line - that china is becoming more western.. and then managd to somehow wrangle that into a rant about white men and asian women?

When was the last time you lived in china out of interest?

The fact that its been increasingly becoming more westernised since the 1980s is not up for debate.. whether its a good thing or not, however is... but it certainly has little to do with white men and chinese women.

A good example can be seen in diets. Over here its traditional to eat a decent size breakfast, a huge hot lunch, and then a very small hot dinner.. the main meal of the day coming at lunchtime. Of course that is quite different from the west, where most adults have a small cold breakfast, a small cold lunch and then a massive hot dinner. Many would argue that the traditional chinese way is both more productive and healthier. But year by year more chinese families are abandoning the traditonal way, in favour of more western eating habbits. The source of this problem is not the white men in your rants, but actually chinese men, specifically buisness owners. They look to the west and see a system which offers a greater return.. in the west employees can snack on a sandwich in a 30 minute break whilst sometimes even carrying on working.. its much easier and more profitable then having to provide a full hot-food canteen, and an hour long break as was more traditional over here.. then you couple that with resteraunts seeing the possibility of a greater evening trade by promoting a western style habbit, and schools forcng less and less time on their students to eat as they make them study harder and harder to match western levels of education, and you end up with a part of society that slowly moves towards the more western traditions..

I could go on and on about more examples of how its changing, and many do make me very angry, as I see people over here so quick to assume that 'west=correct' - when actually in many cases the chinese way was more benificial..

In my core beliefs I am very anti-globalisation.. but I also conceed that it is the dirrection we as a species have been moving in since the begining of our existance, and the recent backlash against it.. whilst making me a litle happy, is only a blip in the grand scheme of things..
Original post by fallen_acorns
x

is it true that in general chinese people in China are pretty rude (not intentionally maybe, but from a western viewpoint) i.e no real concept of queuing or other western etiquette. Also are they unhygienic i.e not washing their hands after goin to the toilet?
Reply 389
They eat dogs
I jus wana watch you over and over again...

If you wana talk let's talk about it... <3

[video="youtube;ipBLxb6IC80"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipBLxb6IC80[/video]
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
is it true that in general chinese people in China are pretty rude (not intentionally maybe, but from a western viewpoint) i.e no real concept of queuing or other western etiquette. Also are they unhygienic i.e not washing their hands after goin to the toilet?

My experiance, and the opinion of the teachers I work with is that in general chinese people are so so polite and friendly... to those they know.

Once you have a connection, even if it is a friend of a friend of a friend, they will treat you amazingly.

But if they dont know you at all, then your nothing to them, and will be treated in a way that western people would consider rude..

---

In the west its different, we tend to be polite to those we dont know, but we are much much less friendly to people we kind of know, or connections through other people. In england many would not like the idea of bending over backwards to help your friends sisters friend.. but in china its normal to do so.

--

Obviously both groups are great to those they are close to.

Original post by Yaboi
They eat dogs

True, but we eat rabbit - which most of my students find equally disgusting.. cant judge others based on what animals they do or dont decide are worthy of not eating.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
In all honesty Friday Night Lights is pretty good too(Enchanted in particular). I think Born Sinner has some really deep songs that make you think (Miss America, Villuminati) so I can agree. I believe Forest Hill Drive is his best though, it's an album where you can't really criticise anything, every song is a banger (Fire Squad, Apparently, January 28th, a tale of two citiez) it's just a crazy album in particular.

Anyway thoughts on Kendrick's best album and order of Black Hippy best to worst?

I think it goes Kendrick>Jay Rock=Schoolboy>Ab Soul but it's pretty close. Back in 2012 I liked Ab Soul more than Kendrick but he ain't pushed on(possibly regressed) while Kendrick has been putting the same level as back then (lets see his new album) back in the day Jay Rock used to skill everyone in Black Hippy(listen to his verse on J Dilla freestyle) but the rest have obviously got better since the early days. Schoolboy consistently been putting bangers but he took a long time for me to get into.

Haven't listened to any of Kendrick's work so can't give you an answer on him.
got paid today by a new client..

normally they will take money from their customers in any denomination, but then pay me in something standard.. often not in cash.

But this new client just dirrectly paid me the money given by their customers.. for the months job it included over 500 notes..

It sounds (and looks, when you see it stacked on a table) like a **** load of money.. until you realize that the smallest normal note in china is worth 10p.. which half of it was made up of.

Who gets paid in over 260 10ps??? You could literally play monopoly with all the cash, and as long as you didnt tell someone how little most of the money was actually worth, they would think you were pretty rich..
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-37926729

love it when universities step in to shut their stupid unions up, and to remind them how little student politics actually means.. (spoken as someone who was involved with student poltiics as a young and stupid student)..

Reading union students vote to boycott university challenge because paxman had a little banter with a girl on their team..

Reading university says **** no. we will still do the show, and we will organise it anyway without the union involved..

good good.
thats it, acorns wife's two approved posts for the day. hope you enjoyed..
internationals week :frown:
Reply 397
Original post by swirly

Your team plays against Arsenal next week!! Excited?
Original post by SA-1
Your team plays against Arsenal next week!! Excited?

Thoughts on Ozil's latest interview on the Arsenal youtube channel where he said he supports Schalke and Werder Bremen
Original post by swirly

This is why you should get into NFL

Latest