The Student Room Group

Final Year of uni - Am I doing right?

Hey guys... I really need some advice :/
I've recently begun my final year at Uni, but I feel as though I'm doing so much reading (especially for my dissertation) but I feel as though I'm not doing much revision if that makes sense?
Has anyone gone through this or is going through this? I just don't know if I'm prepping well for my final year and I feel a bit lost? If there are any past or present students who can relate, please help me out. I really am trying but I just don't know if I'm on the right path?
Thank you everyone
The start of a project always means lots of reading but two things you have to learn and quickly are how to skim read and how to quickly identify how relevant a paper is to your work. You may get away wit reading intro and discussion or may need to go into results and methods if the work is very relevant. It is a good idea to keep on top of your studies as well though so maybe allocate your time to dissertation and other work every week i.e during the week do your other work and weekends do dissertation work or whatever works for you.
Original post by Greeny10
Hey guys... I really need some advice :/
I've recently begun my final year at Uni, but I feel as though I'm doing so much reading (especially for my dissertation) but I feel as though I'm not doing much revision if that makes sense?
Has anyone gone through this or is going through this? I just don't know if I'm prepping well for my final year and I feel a bit lost? If there are any past or present students who can relate, please help me out. I really am trying but I just don't know if I'm on the right path?
Thank you everyone

What do you mean by 'you're not doing much revision'? What would you classify as 'revision', in the sense of what is it that you feel you're not doing that you should be?
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
What do you mean by 'you're not doing much revision'? What would you classify as 'revision', in the sense of what is it that you feel you're not doing that you should be?

Hi there, thank you for your response :-)

Apologies for not being clear.

In my previous years at uni I did a revision in terms of writing down notes from lectures and memorizing them, but this year, I don't feel like I'm doing enough of that. Of course, the dissertation takes up a lot of time, and I feel as though all I've been doing is reading so much literature, especially as this year all my modules consist of coursework and exams whereas previously this wasn't the case.

I've been trying to balance my note taking and coursework but I'm finding it so difficult as I always feel as though I run out of time during the day and by the time I know it, it's 11pm.

I wanted to know if anyone is experiencing or has experienced this. I don't know if this is how third year is meant to be or if I'm missing something???
Reply 4
Thank you alleycat393
I understand where you're coming from. You see the thing is I work on weekends too, so I really only have the week. And I only really have evenings to study and some mornings as I attend my lectures. I don't know whether to solely focus on my coursework as deadlines are coming up or try to balance coursework and note taking/revision together? How would you guys do it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending