The Student Room Group

BOYS - If a guy wasn't interested would he just stop replying?

I'm chatting to this guy I'm really attracted to. I can't tell if he's into me. He doesn't ask loads of questions and takes ages to reply but he always does reply quite friendly even if I say something he doesn't need to reply to and could easily end the conversation. He hasn't asked to meet up though.

If I'm not interested in a guy I just don't reply to his message I can't be bothered
Original post by Anonymous
I'm chatting to this guy I'm really attracted to. I can't tell if he's into me. He doesn't ask loads of questions and takes ages to reply but he always does reply quite friendly even if I say something he doesn't need to reply to and could easily end the conversation. He hasn't asked to meet up though.

If I'm not interested in a guy I just don't reply to his message I can't be bothered

There's honestly just not enough evidence there to tell you for sure. He could be a 'bad texter' or someone whocan't make conversations really easily with anyone. Is he introverted? Popular? On his phone talking to other people when you see him?

Personally yeah, I kind of ignore/don't reply to people I'm really not interested in talking to, otherwise I just be polite and kind of reply but I am a terrible conversationalist.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
There's honestly just not enough evidence there to tell you for sure. He could be a 'bad texter' or someone whocan't make conversations really easily with anyone. Is he introverted? Popular? On his phone talking to other people when you see him?

Personally yeah, I kind of ignore/don't reply to people I'm really not interested in talking to, otherwise I just be polite and kind of reply but I am a terrible conversationalist.

i don't know him well enought to know if he is just a bdad conversationaiist... i know he has a stressful job though so has to be quite on it with work so maybe thats why
You've not really given us anything here:

Does he initiate?

Are your conversations deep?

Have you only recently started chatting?

If all three are true, I think he might like you - otherwise I'm going to say no.
If he's the more outgoing type then he may not spend much time online, either that or he's busy with studies, what's he is like when with you maybe more telling. If you've never actually met him then for some constant messaging back and forth with someone you've never met can get boring.

If this is actually speaking with the guy he may just have poor social skills, be a habit or may find it difficult to talk to someone he is attracted to.

Other than that he may just not find you interesting in the slightest, who knows. Just have to probe further I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending