The Student Room Group

Do you have someone who you can tell ANYTHING to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Aww thanks for this :smile: I think it may actually change quite soon because I have made a friend, and I'm going to test the waters by being open; I think my issue is that I'm quite closed off like I'm scared of showing negative emotion. My regular friends have never seen me sad or angry. Like how you met your friend, meeting this new friend was luck for me too. I didn't expect it at all.

Can I ask what country it was that you moved to?

And yes, you're so right. There are so many people in the world! Plus I have (hopefully) uni next year so that increases the chances. Thank you again, I needed this positivity!

No problem :biggrin:
Yeah, you should put your best effort into it! I know it's not the easiest sometimes, it's difficult for me, because I am a pretty negative person. Actually, I think that's just my personality, haha. I am ok with it, but I think most people are put off by it. But I think being naturally gloomy and being confident/having high self esteem are two different things. Confidence/self esteem can be improved I think, so I'm trying to do that lol.

Hmm...why are you scared of showing negative emotion though? Are you afraid they won't like you if you seem like a sad/depressed person?

That's nice. I hope you will get to be good friends :biggrin:

I moved to Finland from the USA, but I live in the UK now cause I wanted to study here for uni. 2nd year student :wink:

Hey, you're going to uni! Yeah you will meet a lot of people. ^^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by will'o'wisp
Don't we call these, best friends?

lol or partners
I did, think I lost them though
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah actually, the voices in my head are pretty good at keeping secrets.
My mum and my partner.

I know I can tell them anything and not be judged or mocked. A lot of the time us my stubbornness that stops me or delays me from telling them, not fear of their reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My best friend soul mate :blush: @spiritless98
Original post by 0to100
lol or partners

This works too :biggrin:
Original post by Han-Mingi
My best friend soul mate :blush: @spiritless98

Likewise my dear ❤️
i dont think theres anyone that you can tell absolutely anything to
i tell most things to my best friend but theres things no one will ever know

Quick Reply

Latest