The Student Room Group

Applicant Visit Days

So I got a conditional offer from Newcastle yesterday and they invited me to the Modern Languages Applicant Visit Day. However, it is my 5th choice so if I get offers from my other choices, it is unlikely to be my firm or insurance.

Is it necessary to visit all applicant visit days or should I only bother for my top 2? Would I be able to visit them all before the deadline of accepting my offers?

I'm just really confused:s-smilie:
Original post by IKEAPanda37
So I got a conditional offer from Newcastle yesterday and they invited me to the Modern Languages Applicant Visit Day. However, it is my 5th choice so if I get offers from my other choices, it is unlikely to be my firm or insurance.

Is it necessary to visit all applicant visit days or should I only bother for my top 2? Would I be able to visit them all before the deadline of accepting my offers?

I'm just really confused:s-smilie:

Have a look - someone will correct me if I'm wrong but sometimes you're required to visit a uni, whether it's just to meet you or for an interview.. though I don't hear about that for most of what I've seen.

You never know what could change to be honest and it's ideal to apply to 5 unis such that you would be happy to go to any of them. If it's not feasible to visit then fair enough but if it is.. it might change your mind one way or another to visit.

As for meeting the deadline.. there's a table that shows you when you have to respond to your offer depending on some things.. on UCAS :smile:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/replying-your-ucas-undergraduate-offers so check when the day is and see how it goes :smile: (also bear in mind the date that triggers it is the day of your last offer which you can't really predict)
Reply 2
If you aren't sure if you have to go, contact the university, but if they've already given you an offer on ucas I wouldn't imagine it to be compulsory to attend. I was invited to one at Edinburgh but it was too far to travel at short notice so I just asked if I had to go, and I didn't so I am not going. :smile: If you have a good reason I'm sure they won't mind too much. If you want to visit them all before you respond to your offers you could ask if you could take a tour of the universities again but other than that you can't really look around them again unless there is an open day or if you're invited to an applicant day. Personally I'm going to any applicant day I can get to without it being expensive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
Have a look - someone will correct me if I'm wrong but sometimes you're required to visit a uni, whether it's just to meet you or for an interview.. though I don't hear about that for most of what I've seen.

You never know what could change to be honest and it's ideal to apply to 5 unis such that you would be happy to go to any of them. If it's not feasible to visit then fair enough but if it is.. it might change your mind one way or another to visit.

As for meeting the deadline.. there's a table that shows you when you have to respond to your offer depending on some things.. on UCAS :smile:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/replying-your-ucas-undergraduate-offers so check when the day is and see how it goes :smile: (also bear in mind the date that triggers it is the day of your last offer which you can't really predict)

Thank you for your advice :smile: I did think that it would be a good idea to go to all 5 applicant days but wasn't sure whether it was possible or the normal thing to do. I'm just worried I might not be able to fit them in before I have to reply, but it seems I have a while.
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Thank you for your advice :smile: I did think that it would be a good idea to go to all 5 applicant days but wasn't sure whether it was possible or the normal thing to do. I'm just worried I might not be able to fit them in before I have to reply, but it seems I have a while.

No worries :as you can see you have until at least the 4th of May so there should be time.
Reply 5
I'm gonna go to the ones which I'm really wanting to have a look at (Lancaster and Loughborough), just so I have a feel for it and what it's like, you can end up meeting new people and get a feel for it, when everyone's around :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending