The Student Room Group

CIVIL WAR: Violent rallies sweep America as protesters BURN US flag after Trump victo

Violent rallies have taken place in New York, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Dallas to express their anger against the billionaire businessman which have continued long into the early hours of Thursday morning.

Hordes of demonstrators rushed to Trump Tower in Manhattan screaming "not my President", "New York hates Trump", "we reject the President-elect" and "f*** the wall".

ReadMore
: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/730738/donald-trump-tower-protests-new-york-chicago-austin-los-angeles-san-Francisco-washington

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People got a chance to vote. The people decided Trump should be president. Get over it.

Not saying I like the guy, but that's how democracy works, you vote, and you get a decision.
People are using their democratic right to protest and it gets hysterically labelled as civil war? The degenerate right really are embracing post-truth politics.

kccomb.png
Reply 4
Original post by Mathemagicien
Democracy is ****.

Every nation has a way of doing things, I don't think many are particularly effective.

Trump wins based on a state based representation, Clinton wins on popular vote. Either way, more than 50% of the population is disappointed.
Reply 5
Original post by Quantex
People are using their democratic right to protest and it gets hysterically labelled as civil war? The degenerate right really are embracing post-truth politics.

As are the regressive left. Ironic that people who label themselves progressives and democratic are unable to accept a democratic decision.
Meh, they had 8 years of "he's not my president" from the republicans not the shoe is on the other foot. At the end of the day they can protest and it wont change anything, nor should it, but thats how it ia unfortunatly.
Reply 7
You got any more of dat hyperbole?
Original post by Guru Jason
Meh, they had 8 years of "he's not my president" from the republicans not the shoe is on the other foot. At the end of the day they can protest and it wont change anything, nor should it, but thats how it ia unfortunatly.

Violent protests didn't happen due to Obama being elected though.

These riots are like how Bernie and Hillay fans caused violence at Mr Trump's rallies.
Reply 9
Original post by MildredMalone
Violent protests didn't happen due to Obama being elected though.

Wrong. One example, from 5 seconds of Googling: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/anti-obama-protest-at-university-of-mississippi-turns-unruly.html
Doesnt look like Donald Dump is gonna be presi for very long lol.

Okay, I'll amend: There were no mass riots when Obama was elected, apart from one at a university where a few hundred got a bit rowdy.
Reply 12
Original post by MildredMalone
Okay, I'll amend: There were no mass riots when Obama was elected, apart from one at a university where a few hundred got a bit rowdy.

And there haven't been any "mass riots" for Trump either. What's your point?
Democracy is ****.

North Korea welcomes you...

Not sure if those protesters are kinda like terrorists. But they prefer violence,right?

Someone in Myanmar must be very surprised. They're the products of Democratic Party? Wow... :-)

1478792222263.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tubbz
People got a chance to vote. The people decided Trump should be president. Get over it.

Not saying I like the guy, but that's how democracy works, you vote, and you get a decision.

Yeah I agree, I supported Hillary but now Trump's won the Americans are just going to have to move forward and try and make the best of what they have. Protesting will just further divide the country; they'll end up tearing each other apart!:redface:
Original post by sunshine774
Yeah I agree, I supported Hillary but now Trump's won the Americans are just going to have to move forward and try and make the best of what they have. Protesting will just further divide the country; they'll end up tearing each other apart!:redface:

What is this? Someone with common sense I thought People like you were nearly Extinct
Original post by AperfectBalance
What is this? Someone with common sense I thought People like you were nearly Extinct

Is that a compliment?:tongue:

Spoiler

Because there is no middle ground between democracy and an insane dictatorship. If you disagree with democracy, you are a communist! A fascist! An enemy of the people!

Yup. Just look at all the closet-fascists protesting a democratic vote.
Original post by skunkboy
Not sure if those protesters are kinda like terrorists. But they prefer violence,right?

Someone in Myanmar must be very surprised. They're the products of Democratic Party? Wow... :-)

1478792222263.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're just scared of what Trump will do. But I agree, violence is not the answer! They need to accept the result;they will divide their country further with hatred and then what will happen?:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending