The Student Room Group

What is a good degree for me?

Hi, I'm currently 19 and I'm looking to go to uni in September but don't have the greatest results, I have a GCSE C in English and Functional Skills Maths Level 2 which is equivalent to a C, apart from that all I have is a Level 3 Business Diploma, and a few minor certificates like workskills, I would continue with education but don't want to leave it too long for me to go to Uni. A big problem is I don't know what I'd enjoy I'm thinking something to do with Business or Advertisement but would I get in with my qualifications? any help is much appreciated!
You can check individual entry requirements on each university's website. You'll probably be fine at most unis for business-related courses with those qualifications, just maybe not the absolute top.
Reply 2
Thanks man Im just worried its only pass not demerit or anything
Original post by DarkEnergy
You can check individual entry requirements on each university's website. You'll probably be fine at most unis for business-related courses with those qualifications, just maybe not the absolute top.
Original post by JJCML
Thanks man Im just worried its only pass not demerit or anything

Pass is roughly equivalent to a C, you can still get into university. Not top ones though. Not sure how hard BTECs are but if you put in the effort to get distinctions, it will pay off.
Reply 4
Original post by DarkEnergy
Pass is roughly equivalent to a C, you can still get into university. Not top ones though. Not sure how hard BTECs are but if you put in the effort to get distinctions, it will pay off.

Thanks i'll take your advice but my dodgey college never gave any students goals towards merits or anything there was no way to get distinctions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending