The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on clothes?

How much do you spend or budget for clothes e.g each month (including shoes!)? Does this differ throughout the year, for example do you treat yourself to something extra around your birthday or Christmas? :h:

I used to spend more on clothes, probably £40 ish a month, but I've found I have most of the clothes I want now so tend to just buy things now and then, so probably averages at about £20 now :smile:
I tend to spend a lot on relatively few items which I then make work very hard for their keep. I supplement this core every year with a few extra items, but the core wardrobe is good enough quality to last a good few years before it needs replacing.
It tends to be high quality classic items that do not go out of fashion easily but are also more expensive because they last a lot longer.

These are supplemented with items for casual wear like t-shirts, polo shirts, shorts etc. which can be thrown out after one or two seasons.
I try not to spend much, but as weather changes and my general situation changes, I find I need to buy more to keep up with it all. I try not to spend more than £40, and will go often without spending anything. This month I've probably spent about £30, but £15 was from an Amazon voucher I had otherwise I wouldn't have bought what I did :laugh:
No more than £50,normally less. I have a lot less clothes than I used to for sure.
Reply 5
Too much, I'm actually scared to check...
Very little :tongue:
If you look at the food bills however :hide: :rofl:
Not enough.
Probably £200 every 2 months.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
How much do you spend or budget for clothes e.g each month (including shoes!)? Does this differ throughout the year, for example do you treat yourself to something extra around your birthday or Christmas? :h:

I used to spend more on clothes, probably £40 ish a month, but I've found I have most of the clothes I want now so tend to just buy things now and then, so probably averages at about £20 now :smile:

it depends on what I need but an average month I'd say must be £250-300 but when I go overboard can jump to say £2,000-3,000 in a month (my worst was when I had 6 suits and a tuxedo in a day it was a £3,500 purchase but well worth it)
Reply 10
many times in years during discounted price , so not too much:u:
I don't budget for anything. I just spend money when I need to.

I hate shopping so only go when I need stuff. I probably shop for clothes 3 times a year and spend about £200. So I probably spend 600 a year.
Reply 12
Only single time shopping in a year :smile:
Reply 13
HAAH way too much!

Amazon.com or ASOS

Im a nightmare!
Imagine that i actually ended up here because I spend too much on clothes and it makes me feel guilty and im not even a woman lmao
Well I just bought louboutins, buying valentinos for my birthday in May and will probs get an off white belt as well. Like shoes more tbf, but i did just got a Givenchy tee and FOG essentials shorts. So more than the average person I guess. I normally design an outfit in my head and buy it piece by piece. I like mixing luxury and streetwear fashion together. I find it fun. I normally don't spend the same amount per month, it can differ.
(edited 5 years ago)
I spend too much haha. I use a site called www.centurionclothing.co.uk because they've got all the authentic brands for prices under retail.
Reply 17
I suspect this depends on :
- How long you have been at the job that requires this level of clothing at work.
- How steady/ variable is your body size. As I get older but with a fairly steady body size $1000/yr is more than enough for me and I suspect $2000 is enough for my wife.

Latest

Trending

Trending