The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Wow that's wow I dont know what to say! Im shocked!
Please tell someone asap! This is not right.
He sounds extremely dangerous in his current state! I think the doctors he saw need to be sacked asap! Wow, hope you're ok

Yeah :/ Unfortunately, there's not much we can do. I've told college and safeguarding, social services know, I talked to my GP about it, two different hospitals know, all of his mental health team knows, the police know etc etc. No one can do anything, because this doctor just keeps blocking everything. He is the voice for CAMHS in this situation, and with CAMHS saying 'there's nothing wrong with him he's just a normal 17 year old boy', there's nothing anyone can do. I think his regular doctor is back next week, so we might thankfully be looking at a section again :hugs: I'm okay now. Nothing kicked off last night, thankfully, but he's refusing to go to school or anything and it's just like walking on eggshells really because we're too afraid to upset him. Hopefully it's sorted soon :moon: :hugs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the doctor at 8:20 this morning and unfortunately there was nothing he could do with regard to my current situation, which I figured would be the case but of course it was worth asking, and he's referred me to the CMHT because he agrees that it can't wait another 6 weeks. The referral will probably take a good few weeks to come through, but he's pushing for it to be quicker. Really glad I have him as a doctor. I was really worried when my old one left, because of the 4 doctors at the surgery he was the one I saw for everything because 2 of them were really unsupportive with everything and wouldn't listen, and I hadn't seen much of the last one (the one I see now). When I found out he was leaving, I tried to find out which surgery he was going to in case I could move with him, but later found out he was retiring. Thankfully, I've found another really supportive one. It's gonna be really upsetting to have to leave for uni and find a new surgery, tbh.
I had to get a good couple of inches chopped off my hair at my hairdressers appointment there now. For the past few weeks my hair has been woeful; I run my fingers through it and so much comes out in my hand, and my hair bobbles, and the shower. Hairdresser says that it's probably stress related. :frown: She's probably right though, I can't stop worrying about everything. My sleep is horrendous, my mood is ****, and uni work is crashing down around me
This is the second morning I have had Jack Daniels for breakfast to deal with low-mood...it is strange because they call it a depressant...but anyhow...I do not think this is the healthy way of dealing with things. Just a hunch.
Original post by Anonymous
Im just thinking regarding this super santa if its a good idea. Some people can be dicks just saying....

Sorry, knew there was someone I meant to reply to! There is an element of risk in it but we'll try and minimise it if we can, and hopefully the potential positives outweigh the negatives! If you have any ideas on it or whatever feel free to PM me but yeah, it's worked in the past and it's up to people if they want to or not. Hopefully be really good :smile:

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This is the second morning I have had Jack Daniels for breakfast to deal with low-mood...it is strange because they call it a depressant...but anyhow...I do not think this is the healthy way of dealing with things. Just a hunch.

It's really not a good thing to do if you can help it- you might feel like it helps, in the long run it really won't though and very likely to cause more problems than you feel it solves. Have you tried speaking to your GP about what's going on?

:hugs: anyone that needs them, especially @chelseadagg3r and @Airmed :frown: hope hospital's not too bad and clozapine helps again @Noodlzzz
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm okay on the amitriptyline as long as I take it a couple of hours before I want to sleep and take those couple of hours easy, and then I don't let myself stop for too long during the day. Well of course with everything with my brother, I can't really go out anywhere unless he comes with, and he won't, so I'm stuck home doing nothing. I'm so so so tired :laugh: I can see myself just sleeping through the next few weeks
Anyone have experience with Bupropion?
Original post by furryface12
Sorry, knew there was someone I meant to reply to! There is an element of risk in it but we'll try and minimise it if we can, and hopefully the potential positives outweigh the negatives! If you have any ideas on it or whatever feel free to PM me but yeah, it's worked in the past and it's up to people if they want to or not. Hopefully be really good :smile:

It's really not a good thing to do if you can help it- you might feel like it helps, in the long run it really won't though and very likely to cause more problems than you feel it solves. Have you tried speaking to your GP about what's going on?

:hugs: anyone that needs them, especially @chelseadagg3r and @Airmed :frown: hope hospital's not too bad and clozapine helps again @Noodlzzz

My Gp wont do sh*t and I can't even remember how to go about gettig a quick appointment (at uni). GP wont care about non-issues like mine. Being a whiny piece of sh*t is not a mental helath issue, I am just weak and deserve to suffer for it.
Does anyone here watch youtubers who talk about their MH.

I've started listening to mytoecold (Drew Monson) who talks about his depression and comfort eating and it's so nice listening to someone else who feels the same way.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane

I've started listening to mytoecold (Drew Monson) who talks about his depression and comfort eating and it's so nice listening to someone else who feels the same way.

Zoella often talks about her anxiety and panic attacks
Doddle Oddle/Doddle Vloggle (Dodie Clark) often talks about her current mood struggles and journey to understand her brain. Thoughs not uploaded much on youtube recently but lots on her twitter and snapchat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grrr the NHS are infuriating!
Waited for ages now and they've told me to email them if instill require support!
Why would things have gotten better?!
I'm worse now because you screwed up and discharged me!
What about if im busy and can't reply within your tight deadline? Does make me better too!?
They seriously need go sort themselves out!
Their wellbeing service is pretty appalling currently.
Sorry for the rant, just am very angry about it!
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane

I find Johnny Bejamin's youtube videos really helpful as a fellow psychosis sufferer.

Thank you :hugs:

:hugs:

Thanks for the support. How are you?
Original post by FireFreezer77
Grrr the NHS are infuriating!
Waited for ages now and they've told me to email them if instill require support!
Why would things have gotten better?!
I'm worse now because you screwed up and discharged me!
What about if im busy and can't reply within your tight deadline? Does make me better too!?
They seriously need go sort themselves out!
Their wellbeing service is pretty appalling currently.
Sorry for the rant, just am very angry about it!

What do you mean, deadline? :holmes:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
My Gp wont do sh*t and I can't even remember how to go about gettig a quick appointment (at uni). GP wont care about non-issues like mine. Being a whiny piece of sh*t is not a mental helath issue, I am just weak and deserve to suffer for it.

Is there any chance you could see a different one then? Most places you can ring up or call in and book at reception, they'll at least tell you how if you can't anyway. You're not weak or whiny at all though, and you definitely deserve help- apart from anything else everyone does :hugs: I do think it would be worth trying to go before things get any worse though, trust me when I say the longer you leave it the harder it gets and yeah :s-smilie:

Original post by Airmed
Thank you :hugs:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
:hugs:

:grouphugs:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Thanks for the support. How are you?

I'm alright I guess, well not really at all but don't know. Just trying to keep going I guess, last few nights been horrible but guess it can't last forever :dontknow: least the election kept me entertained a bit, awful as the result was
Is there any chance you could see a different one then? Most places you can ring up or call in and book at reception, they'll at least tell you how if you can't anyway. You're not weak or whiny at all though, and you definitely deserve help- apart from anything else everyone does :hugs: I do think it would be worth trying to go before things get any worse though, trust me when I say the longer you leave it the harder it gets and yeah :s-smilie:

:grouphugs:

I'm alright I guess, well not really at all but don't know. Just trying to keep going I guess, last few nights been horrible but guess it can't last forever :dontknow: least the election kept me entertained a bit, awful as the result was

Keep meaning to PM you but cant remember what the "questions" were for secret santa

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm okay on the amitriptyline as long as I take it a couple of hours before I want to sleep and take those couple of hours easy, and then I don't let myself stop for too long during the day. Well of course with everything with my brother, I can't really go out anywhere unless he comes with, and he won't, so I'm stuck home doing nothing. I'm so so so tired :laugh: I can see myself just sleeping through the next few weeks

Oh dear! I found the tiredness never went away. (side effects generally do) I had to come off it for that reason. Whilst a decent nights sleep is appreciated, falling asleep during music practise or whilst talking someone, (and no, he doesn't bore me that much!) isn't.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Oh dear! I found the tiredness never went away. (side effects generally do) I had to come off it for that reason. Whilst a decent nights sleep is appreciated, falling asleep during music practise or whilst talking someone, (and no, he doesn't bore me that much!) isn't.

Aw no, that doesn't sound good! I'm kinda happy on it for the moment, because I was hardly sleeping at all anyway so I do feel a lot more refreshed. I just nod off in classes and stuff a lot more, but if it helps with my back pain and everything else I'm totally willing to accept it at the moment :laugh:
Aw no, that doesn't sound good! I'm kinda happy on it for the moment, because I was hardly sleeping at all anyway so I do feel a lot more refreshed. I just nod off in classes and stuff a lot more, but if it helps with my back pain and everything else I'm totally willing to accept it at the moment :laugh:

I was on the lowest dose. My mum takes it at a higher dose and called me a wimp. :lol: Charming!

Latest