The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenfeather
Not yet....are you an international/EU student or a home student?

home, UK
Original post by manlike99
home, UK

Oh thats interesting...is it about the cost of fees or about ensuring you can commit to it? If youve said youre not using student finance then I know they like to verify that you have the means to pay. I'm expecting an email myself as I'm a grad so wont get any financial aid
Oh thats interesting...is it about the cost of fees or about ensuring you can commit to it? If youve said youre not using student finance then I know they like to verify that you have the means to pay. I'm expecting an email myself as I'm a grad so wont get any financial aid

none of those, they couldn't work out my fees classification so asked
Reply 343
Just got an interview from Newcastle!!
Same!!!
Invitation :smile:
Ukcat scores?
Original post by ukgjyhtrhv
Ukcat scores?

747 average with SJ Band 1
Got an interview! I got 757 ukcat.
760, Band 2 :smile:

Best of luck everyone!
Congrats to everyone! Are you all home applicants? :smile:
I am, yes :smile:
Reply 352
I haven't heard anything yet - I got a total score of 1990, and when I looked on their website almost every other cut off was below this. Plus the average score went down this year to 1903. Reckon I have a shot?
Original post by Cargos
Just got an interview from Newcastle!!

Original post by Metal Warrior
Same!!!

Original post by G.name
Invitation :smile:

Original post by xxxsbxxx
interview!

Original post by Fusarium

Congratulations all of you. .

Could I just ask - do you have a date and time allocated in your invitation, or are you able to choose an interview from the range of dates in Dec, Jan and Feb as listed on their website?
Original post by Just_a_mum
Congratulations all of you. .

Could I just ask - do you have a date and time allocated in your invitation, or are you able to choose an interview from the range of dates in Dec, Jan and Feb as listed on their website?

I was given a choice of any day between the 12th and the 16th of December
Original post by Ridion
I haven't heard anything yet - I got a total score of 1990, and when I looked on their website almost every other cut off was below this. Plus the average score went down this year to 1903. Reckon I have a shot?

If it is as you say, and your score's above their last few cut-offs, while averages have dropped also this year, then yes you have a shot, I think. There's no point in worrying about it; take a passive approach. And if Newcastle don't invite you, 3 other universities will consider you in different ways.

Best of luck :smile:

G
Original post by Fusarium

Congrats! Did it come through on track or by email? :smile:
Reply 357
Thanks a lot, nice to hear it from someone else! :smile: Good luck to you too!
Original post by Ridion

From the sounds of it they're giving them to the people who have the top top scores who would get an interview no matter what the last few scores of the people they haven't heard from yet are, the ones who will be no where near the cut off. Just try and chill; what happens happens now as horrible as that is....good luck! I'm in the same waiting boat as you! 😬😬
Reply 359
From the sounds of it they're giving them to the people who have the top top scores who would get an interview no matter what the last few scores of the people they haven't heard from yet are, the ones who will be no where near the cut off. Just try and chill; what happens happens now as horrible as that is....good luck! I'm in the same waiting boat as you! 😬😬

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks! If you don't mind my asking, what was your UKCAT score?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending