The Student Room Group

Weight loss problems

So

I'm 5'3 and I weigh an ungodly amount at 75kg, I have most of my weight situated in thighs, glutes and abdomen but mainly my thighs and glutes.

I'm currently doing cardio and strength training at a caloric deficit so will Doing leg days make my legs more bigger? The aim is to get slimmer legs and glutes and making it more defined and muscular
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, what's your point here? Is it just a statement?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check

There is a question in there somewhere

"so will Doing leg days make my legs more bigger"
Reply 4
Original post by NotGodofWorld
"so will Doing leg days make my legs more bigger"

Thank you
Original post by Miser101
Thank you

I don't think u weight that much tbh, I like girls with a bit of meat:colone:
So there is. It was badly written and I missed the question.

If you have an energy deficit then it is unlikely that your legs would get bigger - that would require heavy weights and energy in excess.

75kg at 5'3" is grossly overweight. I'd concentrate on reducing your overall weight before faffing about with toning thighs and so forth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by NotGodofWorld
I don't think u weight that much tbh, I like girls with a bit of meat:colone:

That might be a bit of a issue because I'm a guy
Reply 8
So there is.

If you have an energy deficit then it is unlikely that your legs would get bigger - that would require heavy weights and energy in excess.

I do go heavy but I keep the reps high but I am in a caloric deficit, I got down 67Kg in May then I messed it all up when I had to fast for Ramadan put on most the weight lost all motivation to go to the gym until about September
59kg would give you a BMI of 23 exactly - depending on your overall build, that might be a good point to aim for. Have you ever been this weight, or near this weight? Just to see if it's realistic for you.

hahahaha
ok so I'm done :toofunny:

OP keep up the exercise, you'll be good!
Reply 11
59kg would give you a BMI of 23 exactly - depending on your overall build, that might be a good point to aim for. Have you ever been this weight, or near this weight? Just to see if it's realistic for you.

No never been near this weight, the lowest I've been recently was 67Kg this May
No never been near this weight, the lowest I've been recently was 67Kg this May

hmm, and how fat were you at 67kg - did you still feel enormous or were you getting to the comfortable stage?
Reply 13
hmm, and how fat were you at 67kg - did you still feel enormous or were you getting to the comfortable stage?

From what I can remember I was 24-27% body fat at that 67Kg, at that weight I'd lost a lot of my fat from my abdomen and you could tell from my face that I'd lost weight except my legs they where still pretty big. I could have lost more weight but ramadan and fasting came in and I never went to the gym for a month
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok, so there's still a good amount of weight still to be lost at 67kg and 24-27% BF. Ideally, as I say, you'd want to be less than 60kg and 15% body fat. This would have a far, far greater effect on your overall appearance that trying to weight train your legs - at 27% BF they're going to look flabby regardless of the weight training you do.

My recommendation would be to really concentrate on losing weight by a sustained calorie deficit. No-one loses weight by exercising and in most cases large amounts of exercise can actually frustrate attempts to lose weight by increasing appetite. That's not to say that moderate exercise isn't valuable in losing weight and toning up: of course it is, but your main focus should be weight loss through diet.
So

I'm 5'3 and I weigh an ungodly amount at 75kg, I have most of my weight situated in thighs, glutes and abdomen but mainly my thighs and glutes.

I'm currently doing cardio and strength training at a caloric deficit so will Doing leg days make my legs more bigger? The aim is to get slimmer legs and glutes and making it more defined and muscular

How much exercise are you doing?

What calorific deficit do you believe you are at?

Do you weigh (using a scale) and record your food?

How long have you been on the diet and whats your rate of loss?

You really need to lose weight first, so I wouldnt worry about your legs getting bigger. You dont know how much of whats on your legs is fat.
Reply 16
Ok, so there's still a good amount of weight still to be lost at 67kg and 24-27% BF. Ideally, as I say, you'd want to be less than 60kg and 15% body fat. This would have a far, far greater effect on your overall appearance that trying to weight train your legs - at 27% BF they're going to look flabby regardless of the weight training you do.

My recommendation would be to really concentrate on losing weight by a sustained calorie deficit. No-one loses weight by exercising and in most cases large amounts of exercise can actually frustrate attempts to lose weight by increasing appetite. That's not to say that moderate exercise isn't valuable in losing weight and toning up: of course it is, but your main focus should be weight loss through diet.

Thank you will focus on the diet and thank you for the reality check :biggrin:
Thank you will focus on the diet and thank you for the reality check :biggrin:

:smile: You're welcome! Good luck with it.
Reply 18
Original post by 999tigger

How much exercise are you doing?
6/7 days a week
What calorific deficit do you believe you are at?
300-500

Do you weigh (using a scale) and record your food?
Yes, I use myfitnesspal
How long have you been on the diet and whats your rate of loss?
Started again in October
You really need to lose weight first, so I wouldnt worry about your legs getting bigger. You dont know how much of whats on your legs is fat.

So would you recommend just cardio, any in particular that burns of the calories relatively quicker than for lets say a 5K on a treadmill

Lol awkward, flirting=fail

Im 75kg, about medium height You should go on a more lean diet, and starting working out, your legs might become more muscular than thinner tbh, you should try weight training overall to lose some fat

Quick Reply

Latest