The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm Sara, I applied to Government, I currently do Govt & Politics, Eng Lang, and Eng Lit. AAAB at AS. Predicted A*A*A in A Level.I also got the 8 week email the other week!
(edited 7 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 17.47.52.png
Is this the 8 week email?
Original post by ellerogerss
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 17.47.52.png
Is this the 8 week email?

No that's the initial review. The 8 week should come in 2weeks.
Reply 703
Original post by ellerogerss
I've just read someone got a rejection from LSE on the basis of their GCSE results being too low (they got something like AAAAABBBB) mine are A*ABBBBBCCCC, does this mean I'm guaranteed a rejection? I'm predicted AAA which is the entry requirements and visited the uni for lectures etc as well as this I'm hoping my contextual positioning will add some weight to my application but this has worried me. Anyone have any idea of their basis for rejections?

What course was this for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
Got a rejection for BSc Economics on the basis of my A2 predictions being too low - mine were A*AA with A* in Economics and A in Maths and Physics but BSc Economics requires A* in Maths.
Original post by Nc_x
What course was this for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

International Relations
Original post by DziNe
Got a rejection for BSc Economics on the basis of my A2 predictions being too low - mine were A*AA with A* in Economics and A in Maths and Physics but BSc Economics requires A* in Maths.

Sorry to hear this...
Thanks for letting us know though.
Reply 707
Original post by Fbiemad
Sorry to hear this...
Thanks for letting us know though.

No problem, it isn't too disheartening for me as I was struggling to decide between Warwick and LSE in the first place and this makes the choice easy at least haha.
Reply 708
Just got my 8 weeks! :smile:)
Reply 709
Original post by chra_
Just got my 8 weeks! :smile:)

Do u mind telling me what course you're applying for?
Reply 710
Original post by BECK!!
Do u mind telling me what course you're applying for?

Law LLB!
Do lse ask for ums for exonomics?
Reply 712
Original post by Qwerty Lad
Do lse ask for ums for exonomics?

For maths and further maths modules only.
Reply 713
Original post by chra_
Law LLB!

Thank you!
Reply 714
Original post by BECK!!
Thank you!

Relax mate:smile: Im sure you'll get it very soon, some department just take slightly longer than others. When did you apply?
I wonder if any Economics offers will come tomorrow, with it being a Friday. The only ones that I've heard of so far have been for non-A Level candidates, so hopefully they might be getting around to the rest of us soon (although, judging how long it took last year, probably not).
Original post by JRKinder
I wonder if any Economics offers will come tomorrow, with it being a Friday. The only ones that I've heard of so far have been for non-A Level candidates, so hopefully they might be getting around to the rest of us soon (although, judging how long it took last year, probably not).

non-A Level candidates with economics offers or just offers in general?
Original post by domaths
non-A Level candidates with economics offers or just offers in general?
Well I'm most interested to hear about Economics specifically because that's what I'm applying for, but offers in general would also be good to indicate that they're moving onto the domestic crowd, rather than only giving out international offers.
Original post by JRKinder
Well I'm most interested to hear about Economics specifically because that's what I'm applying for, but offers in general would also be good to indicate that they're moving onto the domestic crowd, rather than only giving out international offers.

No I meant the ones you've heard of - were they for economics?
Reply 719
Hi, has anyone be offered a place for Management at LSE ?

I have taken two gap years (mature student) and I'm applying for the course.

Quick Reply