The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Ahmad Osama
did any one get the king's apply account information?

Yep I think those who submitted early received it pretty fast. I submitted on 10/10 and got it the next day.
Original post by edasansel
I did.

when? and did they tell you any interview dates
Original post by Ahmad Osama
when? and did they tell you any interview dates

I received it on 11th october, it's the same email as confirmation email, no interview dates were in the email :smile:
Have any of you started interview prep yet or are you going to wait until you get invited to one before you start preparing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Have any of you started interview prep yet or are you going to wait until you get invited to one before you start preparing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to get an interview first what about you?
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've started but that's because I feel so inadequate and inherently bad at these kinds of things that I have to try to compensate lol
Original post by StationToStation
I've started but that's because I feel so inadequate and inherently bad at these kinds of things that I have to try to compensate lol

I feel you XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully not much longer to wait now :s-smilie:
Reply 488
Original post by neuralgal
I submitted Sep. 30/Oct.1 and received the email shortly afterwards that they had my application and were considering it.

Give them a call or send an email to check? It may just be that you haven't received it because of that systems glitch.

ahhh yeah I called them about a week ago, and they said theres been an issue and I would get one soon, but nothing as of yet.
I submitted my application on the 15th, that might be why haha, thanks anyway :biggrin:
Reply 489
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't started preparing as such, just been thinking about things I'd like to include in answers, but not been rehearsing or writing things down yet haha.
Original post by MedicalMusical
GCSE: 5A* 6As
A Level Predictions: A*AA
UKCAT: 757 average (but band 3 in SJ)
Strong personal statement
(Work experience and volunteering in a care home, geriatrics ward and Great Ormond Street Hospital)

Do I have a chance of being interviewed?
I'm really worried about my situational judgement score!

If it's an obvious answer why ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo_elheramy

Only written answers for the core questions I.e why medicine, tell me about your work experience etc. I don't think it takes too much time to prepare for it tbf because there's only so many Qs we could prepare for. You using the ISC medical interview book?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Only written answers for the core questions I.e why medicine, tell me about your work experience etc. I don't think it takes too much time to prepare for it tbf because there's only so many Qs we could prepare for. You using the ISC medical interview book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh I bought it but haven't read a single page yet
Original post by Mo_elheramy

To be honest. As long as you get the concept of an MMI,you should be fine. I think that's why I might take the medic portal up on their MMI mock course because at least the layout will be a bit more familiar.
Original post by studentsixth
To be honest. As long as you get the concept of an MMI,you should be fine. I think that's why I might take the medic portal up on their MMI mock course because at least the layout will be a bit more familiar.

All the courses I've seen have been quite expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Failingstudent98
All the courses I've seen have been quite expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're pretty expensive alright but I think it's all down to how comfortable you are with the format. It's something I really don't know how Id fare on so I think I'll need the practice TBH :/
Original post by studentsixth
Yeah they're pretty expensive alright but I think it's all down to how comfortable you are with the format. It's something I really don't know how Id fare on so I think I'll need the practice TBH :/

Haven't seen one I can afford yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Failingstudent98
Haven't seen one I can afford yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Know the feeling - there are so many expensive resources you can only take advantage of if you pay, it doesn't feel fair to those of us who can't casually drop £100+ on a one day course. That's life, I guess :/
Reply 498
Original post by dkfalling
Know the feeling - there are so many expensive resources you can only take advantage of if you pay, it doesn't feel fair to those of us who can't casually drop £100+ on a one day course. That's life, I guess :/

i know some unis offered MMI practise before, not sure if its the case now but it was like 10 pounds lol. It might be worth having a look at? 100 pounds for a one day course is ridiculous, even if its one on one
Original post by eemooz
i know some unis offered MMI practise before, not sure if its the case now but it was like 10 pounds lol. It might be worth having a look at? 100 pounds for a one day course is ridiculous, even if its one on one

I've found sample questions from some universities but not anything where there's an opportunity for feedback. Very happy to be shown to be wrong though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest