The Student Room Group

What are Halls really like?

Hoping to go to Uni next year and want to stay in the halls for a year then move home again and travel but what are Halls or Student Accommodation really like? My idea's come from TV Shows ect

Also Do you think its worth staying in halls if i live 25 Mins away in the car?
Reply 1
Depends what you are looking for if your the party type etc., and want to socialize a bit more than the average stay-at-home person would then I'd say yes. I know someone who lives 25 away in the car, hour on the bus and pays nearly £600 a month for central Edinburgh accommodation and doesn't regret it 1 bit.
Reply 2
Original post by finlay4
I know someone who lives 25 away in the car, hour on the bus and pays nearly £600 a month for central Edinburgh accommodation and doesn't regret it 1 bit.

I want to do that but feels like wasted money i could blow on a nice car ect.
Reply 3
Original post by bigbuyg
I want to do that but feels like wasted money i could blow on a nice car ect.

Depends where the accommodation is too, if it's pretty central and your going to uni in the city is there really much point in having a car?
Reply 4
Original post by finlay4
Depends where the accommodation is too, if it's pretty central and your going to uni in the city is there really much point in having a car?

Chelmsford so idk normall i guess not too busy just dont wanna be going to uni like a slave every week not having fun with people who live @ halls u feel
Reply 5
Original post by bigbuyg
Chelmsford so idk normall i guess not too busy just dont wanna be going to uni like a slave every week not having fun with people who live @ halls u feel

Yeah, idk like when I go to uni I am 1000000% going to halls, even though it's only like 25 mins drive away but I like partying etc., just thought of staying at home and going to uni sounds like high school 2.0
If you want to have an even somewhat good social life you have to live in halls, you can't have even close to a comparable social life living at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending