The Student Room Group

Do you follow your gut? Or other factors?

My mind,heart and gut tell me different things.

I trust gut the most
How did you objectively come to the conclusion that you trust your gut the most? From experience or did you just use your gut intuition (get it)?
I follow my head
I should really follow my gut more though, get so many MC questions wrong because of it :frown:
My gut. Natural instincts are quite very clever. Experience taught me that it is mostly better to follow gut for better long term results.
Following your head probably works for some but for me sometimes leaves me on a mess.
Maybe need to learn to balance both? That would be the ideal way i suppose.
Original post by Kiritsugu
How did you objectively come to the conclusion that you trust your gut the most? From experience or did you just use your gut intuition (get it)?

My head sometimes overthinks
My heart is stubborn
My gut tells me the truth, there have been a few times where even dreams have told me things
Original post by SuperHuman98
My head sometimes overthinks
My heart is stubborn
My gut tells me the truth, there have been a few times where even dreams have told me things

Your intuition can be a very powerful thing - people sometimes call the result 'luck' if you do something that can be seen as 'lucky'. On the other hand, you'll often blame it - if only you'd have rationally and logically evaluated all options using your brain. Your 'heart' is just another word for your emotional part of your brain, but sometimes the empathy and many other feelings are necessary to interact with humans on a deeper level.

The trick is not to always believe in your intuition, because you cannot always rely on it as your brain will always be involved, however, it's better to choose what to follow as required for the context. That may, indeed, involve some thinking, but if it's a emergent situation, you might not use your brain much. If something bad happens because you didn't use your brain, then you'd regret it. In order to not steer off into the wrong path you'd need to use your 'heart' and be forgiving and accept what's done is done.

Quick Reply

Latest